SSM Greyhounds Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
his agent had been shopping him to a boat load of teams. im sure he will sign, decent depth guy, not much purpose to his game, i think he lost his ncaa schollarship but not sure.
His commitment to UMASS is still intact and from what I've gathered he has not lost his scholarship. I've reached out to a few people ( including the below account ) and they haven't heard of anything about his scholarship being nullified. Obviously, he's coming with intentions to sign, but he's still committed at this moment.

Here's a video of Harrison from Twitter.​

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He hasn't lost his NCAA scholarship. His commitment to UMASS is still intact. Obviously he's coming with intentions to sign, but he's still committed at this moment.

thats not how it works, you never officially lose the scholarship, but they can pull back the amount of money or ask players to go another year until they decommit, they rarely ever actually pull the scholarship. u mass pushed him back a year, he wont be going there this year, thats when his agent started shopping him around to ohl teams, thats how they tell you they dont want you anymore. happens all the time. his agent was telling teams he will sign

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
A commitment is different than a scholarship. NCAA schools are known to shift the goalposts when it comes to allotting scholarship dollars. If I was a player and had previously committed based on an agreement to get a scholarship of $X, and then the school came back to me later and said, sorry we just gave out half your scholarship to another player, now you only get $Y, then I would reconsider my committment too. From what I hear this happens all the time.

EDIT: @OHL4Life beat me to it.

Reactions: Bearness

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
thats not how it works, you never officially lose the scholarship, but they can pull back the amount of money or ask players to go another year until they decommit, they rarely ever actually pull the scholarship. u mass pushed him back a year, he wont be going there this year, thats when his agent started shopping him around to ohl teams, thats how they tell you they dont want you anymore. happens all the time. his agent was telling teams he will sign

He still has his scholarship from the information I've gathered. Regardless I think he'll be signing here anyways so it really doesn't matter haha.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He still has his scholarship from the information I've gathered. Regardless I think he'll be signing here anyways so it really doesn't matter haha.
sure he does, but as both me and hockeypops posted, having his schollarship is meaningless. theres a reason why his agent was shopping him around to ohl teams for the last 5 weeks.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
According to eliteprospects, his commitment is for '22-'23 (this coming season).

However, according to neutralzone.net his commitment starts in '23 (updated July 6). Looks like @OHL4Life nailed it, and he got pushed back a year, notified of it last month, and his agent made this trade happen.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I'm just saying I went ahead and asked a few people. The Fight Massachusetts account above there is the official account for UMASS news and they replied by saying they're not aware of any scholarship issues with him.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
According to eliteprospects, his commitment is for '22-'23 (this coming season).

However, according to neutralzone.net his commitment starts in '23 (updated July 6). Looks like @OHL4Life nailed it, and he got pushed back a year, notified of it last month, and his agent made this trade happen.

thank you, i was told last month he was pushed back and umass kind of told him they didnt want him anymore. its bad pr to pull it completely, but they let it known hes not gonna play there. thanks for doing the due dilligance to prove what i was told.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I'm just saying I went ahead and asked a few people. The Fight Massachusetts account above there is the official account for UMASS news and they replied by saying they're not aware of any scholarship issues with him.

the only people who would know would be the coaches, director of hockey operations and the player and his agent. the agent told ohl teams he decided he was coming to the ohl around the import draft. if the player had progressed as umass had hoped, he would not be pushed back and he would not be signing in the ohl. i dont get the lack of trust in my version of events. i dont know if he wanted to sign in kingston or not, but i dont think kingston wanted him either.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
the only people who would know would be the coaches, director of hockey operations and the player and his agent. the agent told ohl teams he decided he was coming to the ohl around the import draft. if the player had progressed as umass had hoped, he would not be pushed back and he would not be signing in the ohl. i dont get the lack of trust in my version of events. i dont know if he wanted to sign in kingston or not, but i dont think kingston wanted him either.
There is no lack of trust lol. I just like to reach out to confirm stories.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Signed Greyhounds forwards going into the year:
McConnell-Barker (04)
Watson (02)
Savard (03)
Allard (04)
Mignosa (05)
Cloutier (05)
D'Intino (03)
McMullen (02)
Montroy (05)
Brown (06)
Hookey (04)
Anselmini (03)

I am not convinced that you want to give a spot to Anselmini in a rebuilding year, however you need ~3 more forwards added to the group if you don't. We already have 3x 16 year olds (Brown, Miller, Virgilio), so we can add one more forward from that group (Kostov/Vader). But then we still need to find 2 more forwards to add. I struggle to find them when I look through our unsigned forward prospects. I think this trade gives us a serviceable depth forward that we can add to the group.

Reactions: HF92 and DWI Dale

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Signed Greyhounds forwards going into the year:
McConnell-Barker (04)
Watson (02)
Savard (03)
Allard (04)
Mignosa (05)
Cloutier (05)
D'Intino (03)
McMullen (02)
Montroy (05)
Brown (06)
Hookey (04)
Anselmini (03)

I am not convinced that you want to give a spot to Anselmini in a rebuilding year, however you need ~3 more forwards added to the group if you don't. We already have 3x 16 year olds (Brown, Miller, Virgilio), so we can add one more forward from that group (Kostov/Vader). But then we still need to find 2 more forwards to add. I struggle to find them when I look through our unsigned forward prospects. I think this trade gives us a serviceable depth forward that we can add to the group.
yup, you can add him in and he can be a decent depth player, i dont think he has much work ethic to him, but theres skill for sure.

HockeyFan000

Dec 10, 2021
Nice pickup. Don’t think he will be a big point player in his first year in the league. I’d say he’d be a 3rd line centre that can chip in a bit offensively.

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
sure he does, but as both me and hockeypops posted, having his schollarship is meaningless. theres a reason why his agent was shopping him around to ohl teams for the last 5 weeks.
Who has proof that kid has a full ride or partial ride. When they commit to a player, then offer him a spot on the team. It could be that he has to pay for whole package.

More than half of the Commits are not even better than 50% rides.

Maybe he realized that going the D1 route wouldnt be as easy as he thought and trying the OHL compacted route?

28 Points in 54 games in OJHL Wellington as an 04 is ok but not impressive. JMO

All I know is that there is only room for one OA defenseman. I wanna see Matt Halushak (6'3" 201lbs) and Ryan Thompson (6'3" 194lbs) drop em in camp; last heavyweight standing gets the spot.
I have heard that OHL will not allow for fights in camp.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
update with ballard

LWCRWLDRDG
SavardMcConnell-BarkerMignosaBrzustowskiKudryavtsevTynan
MontroyAllardWatsonCarlisleThompsonIvanov
D'IntinoBallardCloutierVirgilioGibsonMiller
ClattenburgBrownHookeyTomsFellinger
AnselminiKostovMcConnell-Barker
Corte

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Kristina you have 5x 16 year olds on the roster but we can only have 4. Also I can't see us rostering 9x defensemen. And Virgilio plays RD I believe.

Kristina Hazzard

Oct 5, 2021
Kristina you have 5x 16 year olds on the roster but we can only have 4. Also I can't see us rostering 9x defensemen. And Virgilio plays RD I believe.
i execpt miller to bein JR A i also think toms could be traded and Virgilio is a Left shot hints him being a on the left side

note last year in the preseason we had 9 D to start and and 17 forwards were i have 15 and 9 who whos maybe little bmb move back to forward

lets see everyone else predictions

LWCRWLDRDG
SavardMcConnell-BarkerMignosaBrzustowskiKudryavtsevTynan
MontroyAllardWatsonCarlisleThompsonIvanov
D'IntinoBallardCloutierVirgilioGibsonMiller
Clattenburg?BrownHookeyTomsFellinger?
AnselminiKostovMcConnell-Barker
Corte?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events