SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Owen Beck last year. Philip Tomasino the covid year.

Saginaw is in a pretty good 2 year window. If they can get help for both this year and next, wouldn't that be worth it? But yeah, it's hard to pry those guys.
Saginaw only has 4-2nds to work with so I doubt that player is attainable for them and still have enough assets for the 2nd year. They would almost certainly lose Young and an 06 plus most of their picks. Missy with 7-2nds and Ivankovic available probably could.

Reactions: RB76 and HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
IMG_1267.jpeg

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
can't really remember a year where things were so hazy leading into the deadline. typically the buyers and sellers are well defined, as well as who the big fish are and where they might end up.
2018/19 was a similar market, Ottawa dominated the East and the west was well balanced at the top, Guelph held in their on the Suzuki and Durzi trade and finished the season strong in the 4th position. Burnett looked like a genius come playoff time... advance warning! lol

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
When was the last time a player got as many games as that? That's a lot. Sends a pretty clear statement.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
When was the last time a player got as many games as that? That's a lot. Sends a pretty clear statement.

Well deserved. Although I can't help but feeling like it's so severe because it was perpetrated by a plug against a star player. Just makes me wonder if the punishment would be as severe if the player was more important to Londons roster.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Plus, I'm wondering if Saginaw's big adds might be 2 year players, like Rehkopf or Barlow, if any become available.

Those moves are usually reserved for teams with no chance to win; such as IceDogs (Thomasino), wolves (Stillman) & steelheads (Beck).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad