SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I feel like an inter-divisional trade will involve just the one player plus picks so it doesn't come to bite us in the ass in future years...

The return for Hayes (if traded) will be very close to equal what Beck returns. Brown alone would be a non-starter imo. In fact, his gold education package might take away from his trade value as four years of room + board is $60K min..

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I wonder if we still have rights to Owen West ('04 - LD), and if he might ever be convinced to come? MSU keeps pushing back his commitment, currently '24-'25. He's currently playing in the USHL for Des Moines but their team is not good this year. If he feels the College option is drying up, perhaps he could be enticed to come over and play for a contender? He would be the D addition we need.

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
I wonder if we still have rights to Owen West ('04 - LD), and if he might ever be convinced to come? MSU keeps pushing back his commitment, currently '24-'25. He's currently playing in the USHL for Des Moines but their team is not good this year. If he feels the College option is drying up, perhaps he could be enticed to come over and play for a contender? He would be the D addition we need.
Can he pick up Rutger on his way here?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Caught some of Flint's game last night. Was impressed by Smith, he's a better skater than I thought. Not a lot of offense coming from there, but steady on the back end and doesn't panic with the puck in his own zone. Settles it down and starts it back up ice.
I agree with this assessment. I think that’s just what we need on the third pairing. Steady, no mistakes, good on the PK.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
The return for Hayes (if traded) will be very close to equal what Beck returns. Brown alone would be a non-starter imo. In fact, his gold education package might take away from his trade value as four years of room + board is $60K min..
I think that’s correct, but I'm interested to see what Brown will do with his current opportunity. With 5 points in as many games and top 6 ice time for the foreseeable future, he has an opportunity to dramatically improve his value.

Reactions: dirty12

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
does g. hayes have a NTC?

it wouldn't be surprising that he asks to be moved to join his brother which could keep the price a little more in the soo's favour.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
does g. hayes have a NTC?

it wouldn't be surprising that he asks to be moved to join his brother which could keep the price a little more in the soo's favour.

As a 1st pick, Hayes does have a NTC. But the price does not get lower than Virgilio, 2-2nds, 3-4ths imo.
I expect ‘07-1st, 2-2nds, 2-3rds.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
For players with a NTC, don't they usually give 3 preferred destinations and then the GM picks the best offer?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
For players with a NTC, don't they usually give 3 preferred destinations and then the GM picks the best offer?

That is the norm, though it has often been one preferred destination or stay. I’ve heard a lot of ‘I’d like to remain here, but if it’s best for the team …’

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
it will be interesting to see who makes the first major trade as that might set the price for all moves to come.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I don't imagine we will see any trades now until after the Christmas freeze is lifted. I think technically they could still make a trade through to the end of this weekend, but practically I don't think you ever see that happening.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Last year the Arcuri and Kyrou deals happened on the 14th and 15th so it’s not unprecedented

But those days were not during the final weekend before the Christmas Break?
This morning would have been the last chance to make a deal before the break imo. No trades are happening now.

Reactions: HockeyPops

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If I'm not mistaken there was a deal announced last year or the year before on the Monday after the last weekend. Somewhere it was put out there that deadline for the break is not actually until noon on the Tuesday. Now somebody can prove me wrong but that is what I recollect. 😊

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Hounds without Barker again( as we expected )

Regards to Rutger, that ship sailed when Jets didn’t sign him. Maybe if we landed hosting rights he would have changed his mind going into the year. If Kyle pulled this off somehow, I would have to offer Kyle free lunch for the remainder of his tenure in the Soo, or something .

If I'm not mistaken there was a deal announced last year or the year before on the Monday after the last weekend. Somewhere it was put out there that deadline for the break is not actually until noon on the Tuesday. Now somebody can prove me wrong but that is what I recollect. 😊
I think you might be right

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I'd cut raftis' lawn all next summer if he stole rutger.

nice to see Vader get his first ohl goal. I've never wanted a guy to have a successful OHL career based purely on rhe kids name but here we are.
Screenshot_20231215_192647_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Team USA's decision to not consider Hunter Brzustewicz looks incredibly foolish. I hope their arrogance and stupidity when it comes to CHL players costs them again. Fans of both teams can surely agree on that.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Really nice goal by Cloutier, who has been great all game, to tie it up.

This is a really winnable game, despite Parsons being great. We just have to stop being so sloppy and contain Brzustewicz somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad