SSM Greyhounds 2023-24 Season Thread (Part One)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Yea I agree. Just saying what some whispers are around here. Bare draft stock and hesitance to move Romano limits the ability for a difference maker. They and the city really want the mem cup in 2027. MM usually makes a deal over the break so we will see one way or another

I’ve heard the opposite. They are adding, but I’ve always said I wouldn’t be surprised if they stand pat or do a soft sell and see where they can end up anyways. Wouldn’t be surprised to see SSM bid again for 2027 after unloading Gibson and a few others next year and positioning themselves to build around Martn.Hayes and Miller.

Our city really wants it too.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Kitchener is the team that I fear the most in the playoffs. If they were to soft sell I like our chances a lot better.

Reactions: HF92

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Brzustewicz & Martin (KIT) <-> (SOO) a good young D prospect and a good chunk of picks, and send back an underperforming OA. Would check off most of my wishlist right there.

Reactions: DiggityDawg

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
congrats to Drew Bannister. he got us closer to a cup than any other coach since '93. hopefully he can perform well enough to lose the "interim" tag.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Should help Konnor Smith, Sam Mayer and Donovan McCoy's values...
Supply and demand tho. Depends on how many buyers there are. If there's few buyers, once the biggest dogs go, there won't be a market for the rest.

That's why I want to make sure we get the best forward and dman we can, as quick as we can haha

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
That's why I want to make sure we get the best forward and dman we can, as quick as we can haha
Competing with Saggy's well-stocked war chest is the elephant in the room IMO. They will have no trouble outbidding us, and have hosting rights as an ace up their sleeve to convince players to waive their NMC.

we might have to fight for their sloppy seconds against other potential buyers.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Should of had Schmidt, Sirrizotti to waivers if the Rangers would deal Schmidt within the west

scotty171

Sep 11, 2007
Competing with Saggy's well-stocked war chest is the elephant in the room IMO. They will have no trouble outbidding us, and have hosting rights as an ace up their sleeve to convince players to waive their NMC.

we might have to fight for their sloppy seconds against other potential buyers.
They don't really have that much more than the Soo at the moment I don't think? 1 more 2nd and a few more 3rds. Sudbury now on the other hand....

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Plus, I'm wondering if Saginaw's big adds might be 2 year players, like Rehkopf or Barlow, if any become available.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
They don't really have that much more than the Soo at the moment I don't think? 1 more 2nd and a few more 3rds. Sudbury now on the other hand....

Do you have an updated list somewhere? A few more 2nds and 3rds is exactly the currency they need to outbid us. Sudbury's issue in the end might be getting NMC's waived. I'd hate to kick them when they're down but are they even a realistic contender this year?

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
you might see an '05 moved if he's got a shot at cracking an NHL roster next year (we saw it with players like Robert Thomas and Barrett Hayton so it certainly happens)..

otherwise, not many teams are looking to deal 18 year olds too often, not impossible but it's unlikely and bound to be a lot more expensive than adding a guy for half a year.

Reactions: dirty12

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Owen Beck last year. Philip Tomasino the covid year.

Saginaw is in a pretty good 2 year window. If they can get help for both this year and next, wouldn't that be worth it? But yeah, it's hard to pry those guys.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Owen Beck last year. Philip Tomasino the covid year.

Saginaw is in a pretty good 2 year window. If they can get help for both this year and next, wouldn't that be worth it? But yeah, it's hard to pry those guys.
Oh definitely. Missy was stockpiling last year and Niagara was rebuilding the year they moved Tomasino. Was just looking at the likely sellers and didn't see any big name 05's that would be out there. Lardis? Would Brantford deal him for the right price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad