SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Building off my previous post, 7 graduations plus trimming OAs from 5 down to 3 means a total of 9 spots up for grabs out of training camp. Assuming we don't get Croskery to report initially, but obviously he slots in if he wants to come.

I've marked 4 players with italics who I'm not sure will still be with us past the trade deadline. I've also marked the new players that I've slotted in with bold. Here are the 9 additions:
Solomon (07)
IMPORT
IMPORT
Cali (08)
Andrew (08)
Camputaro (08)
Pangretitsch (08)
Player A
Player B

LWCRWLDRDG
Brown L (06)*Allard OA L (04)*Mignosa R (05)*Carlisle OA L (04)**Gibson R (05)**Schenkel OA R (04)*
Cloutier R (05)Martin R (07)Hayes, T R (07)Evans L (06)Virgilio R (06)Miller L (06)
DeZoete OA L (04)IMPORTFantino OA R (04)McConnell-Barker Jr. L (06)IMPORTCamputaro L (08)
Cali L (08)Vader L (06)Andrew R (08)Pangretitsch R (08)Solomon R (07)
Player APlayer B Brady Smith? L (07)
Definitely hope brady smith is here next year. He's gonna be a really good player in this league one day. I'm hoping keegan gillen makes the team next year as well. He looked great at camp last year as a 16 year old.

Reactions: Fischhaber

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
"If anyone gets a chance to listen to Deans pregame 6:45 interview with Gerry on rock 101, post the goodies
He's really avoided criticizing officials this year in these interviews this year, but didn't hold back in this one. I put a couple of quotes, but there were more.

"It's been us against the world this series"

To a question about the officiating "The boys are hungry and they're angry".

When Gerry mentioned the number of powerplays "wow..(exasperated)..isn't that interesting"

"We really liked our 4-0 loss. We thought we outplayed them"

"We've carried the play in both of the games"

"This team (Saginaw) is really worn down. We want to continue grinding and wearing them down"

The first save of the game by Charlie Schenkel was really big for team morale. The quote was long, but that's the gist of it.

He had a hard time getting a feel for the lines last game. They gave up more chances than game 1 so he's going to experiment.

I didn't hear a question about Jack Beck.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
spirit players flopping like fish to sell calls. parekh the latest. dionicio went down like his season was over then barely missed a shift. hope the refs around the league get the memo

Reactions: staubitz

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I don't know how you review the call on Martin and correctly determine that Parekh wasn't hit, but don't call a dive.

He's the most unsportsmanlike player we have seen in years. You have to make that call. It cost us the 3rd goal and maybe the game. Unacceptable.

Reactions: LDN

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
spirit players flopping like fish to sell calls. parekh the latest. dionicio went down like his season was over then barely missed a shift. hope the refs around the league get the memo
The Dionisio hit was the exact play that Tanner Dickinson ended up with a broken leg. Not a smart play by Allard. Lucky no serious injury.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
very disappointing game from the hounds after a stellar performance in game 2.

not good enough for a 2nd round game from the skaters or from schenkel.

The Dionisio hit was the exact play that Tanner Dickinson ended up with a broken leg. Not a smart play by Allard. Lucky no serious injury.

I honestly didn't like the hit either and thought it deserved a penalty. But I didn't like the sell job.

Last edited:
Reactions: staubitz

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
That's an excellent non-call on the hit on Parekh. No head contact, wasn't boarding, barely touched him
I didn't see any replay that was clear what happened. Looked like he might have got a shoulder into Parekh's head before Parekh hit the boards. One of the hits was definitely a hit form behind. Should have been 5. McConnell-Barker should have been suspended for running into Oke.
It i suspicious that Parekh recovered so quickly. Have watchd a lot of Saginaw games and I don't remember a lot of diving/embellishing.

Last edited:

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
very disappointing game from the hounds after a stellar performance in game 2.

not good enough for a 2nd round game from the skaters or from schenkel.

I honestly didn't like the hit either and thought it deserved a penalty. But I didn't like the sell job.
Well I know if I hit the boards at that speed I'd still be laying there.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Is Schenkel this bad? I think that’s a better question. The game was close enough

The guy was smiling and laughing on the ground. He's a total turd, the same guy that spits on other players.
Dionisio has no history of spitting. That is the player that was cross checked by Allard . I think you are thinking about another player.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
I didn't see any replay that was clear what happened. Looked like he might have got a shoulder into Parekh's head before Parekh hit the boards. One of the hits was definitely a hit form behind. Should have been 5. McConnell-Barker should have been suspended for running into Oke.
It i suspicious that Parekh recovered so quickly. Have watchd a lot of Saginaw games and I don't remember a lot of diving/embellishing.
Not a head shot. Not even close

Reactions: DWI Dale

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
we have our first goalie under the bus comment a unsurprising source. schenks wasn't good enough. neither was our offense. way too easy for their backup goalie.

Well I know if I hit the boards at that speed I'd still be laying there.
would you be on the power play seconds later too? 😜

Reactions: HF92

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Much tidier and crisper play from Saginaw.

Hounds’ zone exits disrupted by Spirit time and again. Well-supported forecheck.

That…was an Abysmal third by red’n’white.

Consistency has been an issue all year.

Hope for a bounce back effort Wednesday.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
we have our first goalie under the bus comment a unsurprising source. schenks wasn't good enough. neither was our offense. way too easy for their backup goalie.

would you be on the power play seconds later too? 😜
Sorry, I was never good enough to be on any power play but I could pass you a stick if you need one?

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad