SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

staubitz

Apr 30, 2015
spirit players flopping like fish to sell calls. parekh the latest. dionicio went down like his season was over then barely missed a shift. hope the refs around the league get the memo
Yeah it’s hard enough for the refs to keep up with the speed of the game but when you have 3x Saginaw players stay on the ice and labor to get to the bench only to be ready for their next shift (in Parekh’s case 30 seconds later) with no ill effects is disgusting. In prior seasons if they didn’t have the benefit of replay Parekh would have got his team a 5-minute PP. Sima and Dionicio I get it, but Parekh is way too good for that crap. Hopefully their acting will be noted by the ref pair ahead of game 4.

That being said, agree with others that the Hounds did not play well enough. Saginaw was awfully good tonight, especially once they got up 3-2.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Dionisio has no history of spitting. That is the player that was cross checked by Allard . I think you are thinking about another player.
I was discussing the play where Parekh faked an injury In order to (successfully) garner a call on Martin.

Upon review, Martin missed him completely and they obviously determined that Parekh faked the whole thing. In the single most inexplicable call of these playoffs, they failed to call a dive and Saginaw scored right after. [MOD]

Players like Parekh are a cancer on the league. That kind of cowardly BS like faking injuries, making obscene gestures to children, and spitting on players is just horrible. I hope someone absolutely decks him some day.

I have no problem with Dionisio. He had a fantastic game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LDN and HF92

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
I don’t want to hear another person tell me Saginaw is deeper. Keep stat watching.

View attachment 851670
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I don't know how you review the call on Martin and correctly determine that Parekh wasn't hit, but don't call a dive.

He's the most unsportsmanlike player we have seen in years. You have to make that call. It cost us the 3rd goal and maybe the game. Unacceptable.
You can’t review a penalty and come out a call a dive on the other players.

Reactions: Otto

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
I didn't see any replay that was clear what happened. Looked like he might have got a shoulder into Parekh's head before Parekh hit the boards. One of the hits was definitely a hit form behind. Should have been 5. McConnell-Barker should have been suspended for running into Oke.
It i suspicious that Parekh recovered so quickly. Have watchd a lot of Saginaw games and I don't remember a lot of diving/embellishing.
You haven’t watched enough. Parekh is a dirty little prick, tries to start crap and then runs.

Gets hit and sells everything. He’s one of the worst at embellishing the most common hits at times.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
blame game is lame.

Team effort wasn’t good enough.

Most predicted a 7 game series so this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hounds bounced back and responded spectacularly on the road so no reason to believe it can’t happened again.

Saginaw adjusted very well in the third and kind of sat and waited for mistakes to be made and when the mistakes were made they capitalized. One very weird goal off a defender stick that would have went wide, that weird thing from the corner ( I probably wouldn’t have stop that, you?). Easy to fault Charlie and I get it but I think he’s solid. I think what really should have happened is they pulled Charlie for Miller in this game.

The game is already part of history, see ya Wednesday.

You haven’t watched enough. Parekh is a dirty little prick, tries to start crap and then runs.

Gets hit and sells everything. He’s one of the worst at embellishing the most common hits at times.

It’s making me want to clip the hit just to show everyone how embarrassing it was. I can’t speak on any of his past history with it as I haven’t witnessed it myself but this one was bad. I think he hurt himself selling it.

😖

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
blame game is lame.

Team effort wasn’t good enough.

Most predicted a 7 game series so this shouldn’t come as a surprise. Hounds bounced back and responded spectacularly on the road so no reason to believe it can’t happened again.

Saginaw adjusted very well in the third and kind of sat and waited for mistakes to be made and when the mistakes were made they capitalized. One very weird goal off a defender stick that would have went wide, that weird thing from the corner ( I probably wouldn’t have stop that, you?). Easy to fault Charlie and I get it but I think he’s solid. I think what really should have happened is they pulled Charlie for Miller in this game.

The game is already part of history, see ya Wednesday.

It’s making me want to clip the hit just to show everyone how embarrassing it was. I can’t speak on any of his past history with it as I haven’t witnessed it myself but this one was bad. I think he hurt himself selling it.

😖
I would have pulled Schenkel after the 2nd goal and we have a decent chance of winning this game. You know when Charlie has it or not and tonight it was clear he didn't have it. That makes 3 out of 7 playoffs games where he's been downright awful. We can't put up with that.

Reactions: HF92

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
schenkel wasn't good enough.

neither was 2 goals for...

neither was 7 shots in the 2nd period...

neither was 2 shots in the 3rd period. go home fisch, you're drunk lol.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Every team has guys that embellish and every single team has had a guy lay on the ice this year and be up for the power play 10 seconds later. I don’t like it but I’ve half learned to accept it. The thing I hate is how much he stands behind a linesman yapping after all the dirty stuff he does. Cheap shots someone and then gets the F outta there. The Soo has a couple of those guys too but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player take it to Parekh’s level. You’re unlikely to see him get laid out by a clean hit too. Sometimes he’ll bail on a play to avoid contact, which is weak but the kid is flat out good at avoiding contact.

Reactions: dirty12 and HF92

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Every team has guys that embellish and every single team has had a guy lay on the ice this year and be up for the power play 10 seconds later. I don’t like it but I’ve half learned to accept it. The thing I hate is how much he stands behind a linesman yapping after all the dirty stuff he does. Cheap shots someone and then gets the F outta there. The Soo has a couple of those guys too but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player take it to Parekh’s level. You’re unlikely to see him get laid out by a clean hit too. Sometimes he’ll bail on a play to avoid contact, which is weak but the kid is flat out good at avoiding contact.
Cloutier is one of those guys. We definitely have a couple and I hate it too.

The stuff you hear behind the scenes about Parekh being rude to fans and a troublesome teammate is hardly surprising. Some poor NHL team is going to have a real landmine on their hands. The parallels to Ryan Merkley are uncanny.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
IMG_6340.jpeg

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Just watched the replay of the Allard/Rodwin situation and Allard 100% gives him a shove which sends Rodwin into the boards. He got away with one.

Thankfully he was able to return to play and wasn’t as serious as the Dickinson situation

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
parekh is a key player for saginaw, he plays a lot of minutes for them, runs there power play,
very good skater, and see's the ice very well. Hounds need to dump puck in his corner and
have him defend as much as possible, take time and space away from him, everything they
do runs through him, especially on the power play, He and Dionisio played a very good game,
his antics trying to sucker a ref into calling a major almost worked. ( thank god for replay ).
as for the hounds not enough pucks to the net, and bodies to the net. With a back up goalie
playing they should have thrown alot more pucks directed at the net in the first period instead
of trying to make highlight real goals. Kudraytsev & Gibson , Carlisle, karki, need to get there shots
thru defenders and to the net, low shots not shots ringing off the glass. They will create alot
more havic and they will score some goals.
Both of Mangone's goals schenkel should have stopped.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I hate that people keep saying “a back up goalie”

Nolan LaLonde had 16 wins in a row during the season and is a NHL prospect. He may back up Oke but he’s a starter sitting on the bench. Going into this game I saw a lot of people excited about Oke being out and not being real with themselves that LaLonde is as good and capable as Oke.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
good assessment Riverfront. that was a team loss all around the roster. schenkel was "schaky" and 9 shots over the last 2 periods just plain isn't good enough.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
should have thrown alot more pucks directed at the net in the first period instead
of trying to make highlight real goals. Kudraytsev & Gibson , Carlisle, karki, need to get there shots
thru defenders and to the net, low shots not shots ringing off the glass.

Correct. They know that he is weak up high and he is prone to rebounds and he drops down. They were trying to rip pucks past him instead of making it dirty. One hard low show, pick the rebound up and shovel it high.. we would have scored 5 more goals this way.. it doesn’t need to be pretty, it just needs to cross the line.

Reactions: DWI Dale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad