SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
why should he stop? it's an active puck behind the net. BMB let's up and tries to squeeze through along the boards. it worked out badly for Oke but goalies are not untouchable when they make a mistake to play a puck with pressure on.

and where's the jump? are you talking about when he lets up, sprays snow, and tries to avoid a collision?

it's an unfortunate result but i would not ask BMB to do anything different in that situation.
Rule 69

C. An attacking player makes other than incidental contact with the goalkeeper, however, no goal is scored on the play.

A minor and/or major penalty, plus assessment of whatever other penalties may be appropriate up to and including supplementary discipline.

Goalies are not untouchable, but if the contact is not incidental then there are repercussions. Clearly in this case, the refs deemed it to be more than incidental contact.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
the refs may have deemed it as such, but there's certainly an argument to be made that it was incidental. we'll see what the spinning wheel of supplemental discipline decides but as a coach i wouldn't expect my players to do things any differently than bryce did.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Saginaw's lineup posted on OHL site scorer's sheet. Confirming no Oke listed, Lalonde the starter.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
A friend with some past connections to the league says a suspension hinges on whether any contact was made with Oke's head. If there was, we can definitely expect a suspension for BMB.

They didn't actually talk with anyone. This is just an educated guess from a person who knows how these things are determined.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Building off my previous post, 7 graduations plus trimming OAs from 5 down to 3 means a total of 9 spots up for grabs out of training camp. Assuming we don't get Croskery to report initially, but obviously he slots in if he wants to come.

I've marked 4 players with italics who I'm not sure will still be with us past the trade deadline. I've also marked the new players that I've slotted in with bold. Here are the 9 additions:
Solomon (07)
IMPORT
IMPORT
Cali (08)
Andrew (08)
Camputaro (08)
Pangretitsch (08)
Player A
Player B

LWCRWLDRDG
Brown L (06)*Allard OA L (04)*Mignosa R (05)*Carlisle OA L (04)**Gibson R (05)**Schenkel OA R (04)*
Cloutier R (05)Martin R (07)Hayes, T R (07)Evans L (06)Virgilio R (06)Miller L (06)
DeZoete OA L (04)IMPORTFantino OA R (04)McConnell-Barker Jr. L (06)IMPORTCamputaro L (08)
Cali L (08)Vader L (06)Andrew R (08)Pangretitsch R (08)Solomon R (07)
Player APlayer B Brady Smith? L (07)

Last edited:
Reactions: HF92 and Fischhaber

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Building off my previous post, 7 graduations plus trimming OAs from 5 down to 3 means a total of 9 spots up for grabs out of training camp. Assuming we don't get Croskery to report initially, but obviously he slots in if he wants to come.

I've marked 4 players with italics who I'm not sure will still be with us past the trade deadline. I've also marked the new players that I've slotted in with bold. Here are the 9 additions:
Solomon (07)
IMPORT
IMPORT
Cali (08)
Andrew (08)
Camputaro (08)
Pangretitsch (08)
Player A
Player B

LWCRWLDRDG
Brown L (06)*Allard OA L (04)*Mignosa R (05)*Carlisle OA L (04)**Gibson R (05)**Schenkel OA R (04)*
Cloutier R (05)Martin R (07)Hayes, T R (07)Evans L (06)Virgilio R (06)Miller L (06)
DeZoete OA L (04)IMPORTFantino OA R (04)McConnell-Barker Jr. L (06)IMPORTCamputaro L (08)
Cali L (08)Vader L (06)Andrew R (08)Pangretitsch R (08)Solomon R (07)
Player APlayer B
Brady Smith from last year's draft should be on our radar. He had a nice rookie year in the GOJHL and doesn't seem to have any commitments.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
"Opinion", not fact, I'm sure Beck's true status is closely guarded by the team; the Gardens will go nuts if he plays tonight
We're in a good situation, having home ice advantage, forcing Saginaw to play our style, and facing a backup goalie. I want to see Beck as much as anyone, but I don't see them rushing him in this situation.

I doubt they’re playing games with Becks status.
BMB will be in the lineup tonight. No suspension.
It won't, but that should settle the matter of whether it was a headshot. He absolutely would have been suspended if that was the case. The refs made a mistake on their original call, but we survived it.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
We're in a good situation, having home ice advantage, forcing Saginaw to play our style, and facing a backup goalie. I want to see Beck as much as anyone, but I don't see them rushing him in this situation.

It won't, but that should settle the matter of whether it was a headshot. He absolutely would have been suspended if that was the case. The refs made a mistake on their original call, but we survived it.
Might not be the best game to see Beck return anyways as the lack of a suspension for BMB may fuel Spirit players to play stupid tonight

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Might not be the best game to see Beck return anyways as the lack of a suspension for BMB may fuel Spirit players to play stupid tonight
They don't need any fuel to do that. It's a regular part of their game. I just want to see the proper calls get made and no one get hurt. It already sucks to have Beck and Oke out. These teams at full strength are must-watch hockey.

Reactions: HF92

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Hoping for a speedy recovery for Oke. Definitely don't wanna see him (or anyone else) miss games. Especially in this series. And if true that this may not be his 1st concussion, it may take longer for a return. Same with our own Jack Beck. I doubt he returns in game 3 and 4.

Concussions are very serious. Years ago, a young female (17 yrs) named Rowan Stringer passed away by returning too soon from a concussion while playing rugby in Ottawa. She suffered more than 1 concussion in the same week. Now known as 2nd Impact Syndrome. There is now an Ontario Law named after Rowan. And many protocols are in place before a player can return. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Beck returning if he was wearing a non contact jersey today. Let's all hope for the best, for Beck and Oke.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Confirmed no suspension and no Beck
IMG_6323.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain