SSM Greyhounds 2023 - 2024 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
So let's play Devils advocate if BMB was to per say get a 2 game suspension can the team buy it back or is that type of suspension not allowed

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not surprised Oke is in concussion protocol after that collision. Hope the young man moves through protocol quickly with no missteps. BMB knows only too well what the road ahead for Oke could look like.

Reactions: HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Standing room only for tonight

Not surprised Oke is in concussion protocol after that collision. Hope the young man moves through protocol quickly with no missteps. BMB knows only too well what the road ahead for Oke could look like.

If I’m not mistaken, this isn’t Okes first concussion either. I hope the best for him in the recovery process.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

If I’m not mistaken, this isn’t Okes first concussion either. I hope the best for him in the recovery process.
Lol. Spare me with this. Seems like you agree that Oke was trying to sell his injury.
IMG_1790.jpeg

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Still no confirmation on that, so hopefully it's not a concussion. One of the team's staff members said something after the game that doesn't quite jive with this, so I want to see an actual statement.

I genuinely hope that Oke comes back in this series. He's been on an amazing run and good hockey is good hockey, even if it hurts the Hounds.

Reactions: HF92

HoundFan

Mar 23, 2018
Ontario
Great trip to Saggy to watch game 2 of the Hounds/Spirit Series. My thoughts on the game.

1. Great and exciting to see all the Hounds fans that made the trip down. Arena and Hotel were loaded with Red and White jerseys.
2. Charlie had a solid game and was better than Spirit combo of goalies.
3. From my angle at the furthest point of arena, I thought Oke did the old swan dive when he went down with regards to BMB incident. The multiple video watches I did later does show some contact with BMB trying to stop and avoid contact. I don't believe BMB is owed any further punishment.
4. Fantino did go over board with his first goal. Yelling at OKe aggressively after the goal. He deserved the 2 minutes.
5. Parekh should have been penalized the same as Fantino was, after his salute and mocking of the Hounds bench after his goal.
6. Don't like the player Mangone is turning into. Lots of lip service with no back-up. The 4 or 5 minutes he yelled at Charlie from 5-10 feet from inside the blue line (not far from Saggy bench) during stoppage in play when Oke was being attended to wasn't needed. To Charlie's credit he didn't engage of even acknowledge. Mangone would be better off playing hockey, scoring goals and setting up plays.
7. Along with the above Mangone incident didn't like how the Hounds allowed Parekh and another Spirit player to yell and intimidate Charlie from inside their blue line during the Oke stoppage of play. Again Charlie did well to avoid and stay calm.
8. Hounds were the better team on Saturday.
9. I love Hache, wish we had him or someone similar on the Hounds. Playing with edge and Hounds know when he's on the ice. If you recall I felt Punnett would be a great addition for the Hounds at the deadline. Similiar type player.
10. Felt Brown was no where near the form he was at the last 15 games of the season. He seemed to disappear.
11. Love the way Brady Martin is progressing. If he keeps on his progression line, he'll be a stud in the OHL.
12. Agree with Dean, Spirit are targeting our younger players. They grab and man handle our younger players in scrums and stoppage of play. Travis Hayes ways the target Saturday night.
13. Ran into the Hounds during their pregame warm up. Body language, attitude, confidence was at at incredible high level. No way they were losing game 2.
14. Hounds special teams were much better than Saggy's. PK this whole series so far has been great.
15. Does anyone know the condition of the Hounds fan requiring medic in period two? Didn't look good and felt sorry for his young son.

Looking forward to game 3 tonight.

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Still no confirmation on that, so hopefully it's not a concussion. One of the team's staff members said something after the game that doesn't quite jive with this, so I want to see an actual statement.

I genuinely hope that Oke comes back in this series. He's been on an amazing run and good hockey is good hockey, even if it hurts the Hounds.
To be fair a team doesn't typically make a big hoopla or official statements over a players injury/status, only thing we'll hear is 'upper body injury'

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
To be fair a team doesn't typically make a big hoopla or official statements over a players injury/status, only thing we'll hear is 'upper body injury'
That's true in some cases. John Dean flat out said what Jack Beck's injury was on radio, so it gets out there, but I guess there was no official statement. We'll see what they say tonight.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Lol. Spare me with this. Seems like you agree that Oke was trying to sell his injury. View attachment 852022

me and many more did. Obviously after hearing he has a concussion I’m going to give my condolences and wish for a speedy recovery.

Stop making this personal man

Apparently was just a dehydration issue and they're doing fine

They are okay he was sitting beside me. Dehydration mixed with alcohol.

Reactions: staubitz

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
is a concussion confirmed?

i've tried so hard to view the hit objectively and don't see how Bryce could have done anything differently on the play. hoping the league views it the same.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

i've tried so hard to view the hit objectively and don't see how Bryce could have done anything differently on the play. hoping the league views it the same.
It’s being speculated based off of some comments from Saginaw people, but not confirmed.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
me and many more did. Obviously after hearing he has a concussion I’m going to give my condolences and wish for a speedy recovery.

Stop making this personal man

It’s not personal. It just goes back to the fact that there is a section of fans that go to conspiracy first anytime something happens.

Reactions: HockeyPops

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
It’s not personal. It just goes back to the fact that there is a section of fans that go to conspiracy first anytime something happens.

What are you talking about? This “conspiracy” mentality seems to be only coming from USA posters. We used the lost bid as fuel and now that it’s become evident that we are as good as we thought you guys are just trying to slander our fans. Shut up. Pretty soon you’re going to tell us Qanon is involved.

No one is posting about the memorial cup in the Soo… except you and Savard. I searched memorial cup as a keyword and it came up THREE times in the 27 pages.

In regards to Oke he will not play today confirmed by Brad Coch.

IMG_6303.jpeg

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo

that's fair, although in my honest opinion the league brings that upon themselves. if there was any measure of consistency in the on-ice officiating or supplemental discipline there would be a lot less talk about favoritism and conspiracy. so long as the league continues to be inconsistent, the appearance of bias is going to fill the void.

mike farwell did some great videos this spring on the subject that i'd recommend everybody watch. very rarely have a seen a member of the media go so hard at the league for it's BS.

Reactions: scotty171 and HF92

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
that's fair, although in my honest opinion the league brings that upon themselves. if there was any measure of consistency in the on-ice officiating or supplemental discipline there would be a lot less talk about favoritism and conspiracy. so long as the league continues to be inconsistent, the appearance of bias is going to fill the void.

Appreance of bias is Fantino getting a unsportsmanlike penalty for celebrating with Soo fans but Parekh gets no penalty for celebrating with the alleged Saginaw fan behind the Soo bench. I’m sorry but if you think that’s conspiracy by Soo fans, you’re crazy. It’s a call made with bias.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Appreance of bias is Fantino getting a unsportsmanlike penalty for celebrating with Soo fans but Parekh gets no penalty for celebrating with the alleged Saginaw fan behind the Soo bench. I’m sorry but if you think that’s conspiracy by Soo fans, you’re crazy. It’s a call made with bias.

that's a great example. if you're going to call an unsportsmanlike penalty like this on Fantino i'm all for it. i hate choreographed cellies and bench taunting. it's classless and it's permeated minor hockey because they see their idols doing it. very disappointing to see a 9 year old doing elaborate cellies and taunting opposition benches but as a coach on multiple hockey teams i see more and more of it every year.

but when minutes later Parekh does the same thing, and actually gets restrained by an official for his taunts, but gets no call how are soo fans supposed to view that? it's not like the refs missed it, they were literally holding him back.

Reactions: scotty171 and HF92

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Stop. He could have stopped. Probably the worst thing he could have done is jump.
The league has been handing out suspensions for nearly all penalized plays resulting in injury. Even though I do not agree with basing punishment on injury rather than intent, BMB should be suspended based on precedent.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

I liken this hit similar to the Woodall hit on Vator at the end of the year. Not a preditory hit but there was contact. But there was an injury in this case. I could see the league issuing 1 game but not much more. Also not going to be surprised if there is Zero games. Be safe.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
And bringing up that the call was inconsistent is valid. Saying it was inconsistent because we are hosts and because of Hache’s dad is not valid.

Reactions: MJ5 and dirty12

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Stop. He could have stopped. Probably the worst thing he could have done is jump.
The league has been handing out suspensions for nearly all penalized plays resulting in injury. Even though I do not agree with basing punishment on injury rather than intent, BMB should be suspended based on precedent.

why should he stop? it's an active puck behind the net. BMB let's up and tries to squeeze through along the boards. it worked out badly for Oke but goalies are not untouchable when they make a mistake to play a puck with pressure on.

and where's the jump? are you talking about when he lets up, sprays snow, and tries to avoid a collision?

it's an unfortunate result but i would not ask BMB to do anything different in that situation.

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Top 5 picks for Greyhounds:

Cali, Ryder L (C) - 2nd forward picked from his team (Braidy Wassilyn), 29GP, 19/11/30

Croskery, Callum L (LD) - 1st defenseman picked from his team (Belchetz, Headrick, Carey) 29GP, 12/40/52, committed to Chicago Steel USHL

Andrew, Carson R (RW) - 1st player picked from his team, 51GP, 25/35/60

Camputaro, William L (G) - 1st goalie picked from his team (Zhilkin, Ambrosio) and 5th goalie picked overall
- The only stats I could find on him were from the Silverstick tourney, he played 3 games:
(0-1 loss to Vaughan Kings, 1 goal against in 40 minutes played)
(1-0 win vs. Halton Hurricanes, 0 goal against in 42 minutes played)
(2-1 win vs. Little Caesars, 1 goal against in 42 minutes played)
interestingly, his goalie partner this season was Cam Ingram, formerly of the Soo Jr. Greyhounds.

Pangretitsch, Harris R (RD) - 1st defenseman picked from his team (Mbuyi, Valentini, Cameron, Frasca, Figliomeni) 34GP, 4/9/13

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad