SSM Greyhounds 2021-2022 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Yeah, that would be valid except you’ve spent the last few years saying how great the Soo is and how they outshoot everybody but there’s some miracle goaltender that’s just stifling them or how the Soo’s goalie is so terrible. Until you got your savior in Tynan. Which was supposed to change EVERYthing. Yet, here we are. Again. Yeah, Cav has been great but he’s an undrafted, unsigned goalie so it’s kind of difficult to play it like Flint has the second coming of Dominek Hasek between the pipes. You should take a look at your skaters too....the series would be different if oh, I don’t know....Savard didn’t fire it right into Cav’s glove on a 3 on 0 or maybe if Kerins didn’t blow a wide open chance with 30 seconds left in a tie game. If the Hounds can’t do better than 1-3 with really good goaltending from Tynan against “a non-playoff caliber” team playing worse than you’ve ever seen with just a hot goalie then maybe they’re not that good at all. Or you’re just a horrible hockey analyst.

Outshooting your opponents is one of the best indicators of success, especially in this league. To state otherwise is an outright falsehood. Teams that out shoot their opponents by double digits are overwhelming favourites to win that game.

Facts don't change because you don't like the person stating them or they don't favour your team.

I have not been critical of Tynan in these playoffs and the idea that Cavallin's draft status has anything to do with his level of play in this series is laughable. OA goaltenders, drafted or not, have always been the gold standard in this league.

Stats aren't available for the OHL, but 50+ saves in back to back wins has happened once in the NHL since 1963 and that was Henrik Lundqvist in the regular season. Cavallin put on a once in a generation performance, in the playoffs no less. He is this league's Hasek. There's no question about that.

I looked at 2 months of OHL data and no team gave up 50 shots in back to back games, not even the teams that missed the playoffs. The Firebirds skaters put on two of the worst performances we have seen from an OHL team this year. Then they bounced back. They are a playoff calibre team that didn't play like one for a while. Sorry if that hurts, but it was plain to see. Good luck in game 5.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I said this before but we should have sold at the deadline. Could have got a good haul of picks/prospects for O'Rourke and Kartye. Instead they picked up Thompson and tried to go for it when it was obvious we are nowhere near good enough to have been a contender. And now we are bounced from the 2nd round. Next couple years are going to be painful ones.

Reactions: MJ5 and DWI Dale

runningbear888

Jan 7, 2015
No secondary scoring. Sure miss Dickenson. And a few guys raftis could have picked up at deadline or sooner to help out. Killing us now. Oh well maybe next year. The boys are losing control. The dean selfishness player attitudes are showing up again. Come on hoooounds make a come back

Good old undisciplined calisti. Scored 21 but caused 95. Me me me

runningbear888

Jan 7, 2015
We're done . Sick of mediocre teams. Time for a complete overhaul. More penalties. Good thing Dean can control his veterans. No discipline from coach on down

How embarrassing

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
No secondary scoring. Sure miss Dickenson. And a few guys raftis could have picked up at deadline or sooner to help out. Killing us now. Oh well maybe next year. The boys are losing control. The dean selfishness player attitudes are showing up again. Come on hoooounds make a come back

Good old undisciplined calisti. Scored 21 but caused 95. Me me me
Sorry next year we lose a ton. We will be fighting for 7/8 in the conference. Hopefully this year's crop of draft picks pans out ad we can contend again in maybe 2 years from now

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
I said this before but we should have sold at the deadline. Could have got a good haul of picks/prospects for O'Rourke and Kartye. Instead they picked up Thompson and tried to go for it when it was obvious we are nowhere near good enough to have been a contender. And now we are bounced from the 2nd round. Next couple years are going to be painful ones.

Yep. I expect some big excuses from the homers in the coming days but we were the easy 2nd round out again, just like 2019, just like I predicted.

Last edited:

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
We can't score on a 5 on 3 power play. Calisti and O'Rourke again take penalties , lack discipline and Flint scores power play goals. Veterans should show leadership and at times it has been lacking.
What has happened to Kartye in the game?

runningbear888

Jan 7, 2015
Fuel is expensive. Should have saved the cash. Terrible performance for a elimination game. Dean couldn't get the boys up for this one

Guess the hounds now know how Guelph felt last round.

Reactions: IcemanTBI

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Does anyone know the reason why Kartye has not played?

Overall for the team an embarrassing performance.

Reactions: DWI Dale

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021
Tucker is a clown. Refused to shake anyones hand, linesmen had to move him away from Ted Dent and the staff.

You deserve what you got tonight and can thank him for that.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
What a good time for the worst game this team has played in several years. The play was almost as lopsided as games 1 and 2. Tynan gave a valiant effort, but he couldn't provide the same superhuman performance that we saw in those games.

I think Windsor has a rather easy path to the finals and will get beaten by Hamilton.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
What a good time for the worst game this team has played in several years. The play was almost as lopsided as games 1 and 2. Tynan gave a valiant effort, but he couldn't provide the same superhuman performance that we saw in those games.

I think Windsor has a rather easy path to the finals and will get beaten by Hamilton.
Wow you're still not even willing to say Flint is good. That's impossible. At some point you need to open your eyes, right?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015

The score was lopsided all series…in Flint’s favor by a long shot…enjoy your summer LMAO

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

🤡🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

Your predictions have not been very good. You thought the Greyhounds would easily beat Flint, but lost 4 games to 1. Flint out scored the Soo. 22 to 12, but the series did seem much closer. Please keep your day job.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWI Dale

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

Well, there was ONE non-playoff caliber performance this round.

Agent 53

Sep 4, 2021

Lol not an ounce of credit, you must live a miserable life.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm happy to be playing Flint instead of Windsor. Much like how our play style exploits Guelph's weaknesses, Windsor does the same to us.

We handily won the season series against Flint and outshot them in 5 of 6 matchups so we should have a solid chance, provided the goaltending is up to par. They can really score though, so that's not a given.
giphy.gif

How happy are you now?

"We handily won the season series against Flint "

lol WUT? 3 games went to a shootout or OT, the last 2 were 6-4/6-3. I like how you said you outshot them in 5 of 6, but they only played 5 games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad