• IMG_20190725_074006.jpg
    IMG_20190725_074006.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 3

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com

This doesn't mean much

It means that he's staying commited until September. Habs camp is not until September and US school starts soon. Keeps his commitment until September

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie

This doesn't mean much

It means that he's staying commited until September. Habs camp is not until September and US school starts soon. Keeps his commitment until September

Caulfield won't be here, he's born and raised in Wisconsin and his brother is playing with him on the Badgers. I would put the chances at about 1 percent, and that's probably too high.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Caulfield won't be here, he's born and raised in Wisconsin and his brother is playing with him on the Badgers. I would put the chances at about 1 percent, and that's probably too high.
I think there is only one scenario, that might realistically happen, that results in him reporting. That is, if he opts to attend Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp in the fall and would miss school as a result he would make himself ineligible for NCAA. Is it a 1% chance? Maybe more than that, but I can't imagine him doing this unless he felt like it would accelerate his timetable of making the team.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
I think there is only one scenario, that might realistically happen, that results in him reporting. That is, if he opts to attend Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp in the fall and would miss school as a result he would make himself ineligible for NCAA. Is it a 1% chance? Maybe more than that, but I can't imagine him doing this unless he felt like it would accelerate his timetable of making the team.

I mean, if you had a commitment and had the ice time and opportunity to develop abit more leading up until Habs camp, you'd utilize it too right ?

I'm sick of hearing the he has ties to Wisconsin.. he has equal ties to SSM. ( Maybe not fully with Turcotte etc..but I dont think it's a big pull for him)

Habs camp is not until September so why not go back to wisco and train with your commitment..

Last edited:

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I mean, if you had a commitment and had the ice time and opportunity to develop abit more leading up until Habs camp, you'd utilize it too right ?

I'm sick of hearing the he has ties to Wisconsin.. he has equal ties to SSM. ( Maybe not fully with Turcotte etc..but I dont think it's a big pull for him)

Habs camp is not until September so why not go back to wisco and train with your commitment..

What ties would be equal to playing in your back yard with your brother? I think that's about as deep rooted as you can get. I'm not saying there is zero chance but as an undersized player, they will let him develop in the NCAA and keep him happy. Not trying to be a downer as I'd love for him to report, but it's unrealistic is all.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
What ties would be equal to playing in your back yard with your brother? I think that's about as deep rooted as you can get. I'm not saying there is zero chance but as an undersized player, they will let him develop in the NCAA and keep him happy. Not trying to be a downer as I'd love for him to report, but it's unrealistic is all.

I understand that but that's not something you do or say when you're looking for the fastest route to NHL

You don't decide to stay back year for the sole reason his brother is there, you make the choice that's best for yourself in the future. Maybe its wisco, maybe it's the Soo, hell maybe he makes Habs Lol

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
I understand that but that's not something you do or say when you're looking for the fastest route to NHL

You don't decide to stay back year for the sole reason his brother is there, you make the choice that's best for yourself in the future. Maybe its wisco, maybe it's the Soo, hell maybe he makes Habs Lol

The only think that we can say with reasonable confidence is that Wisconsin is not the fastest route to the NHL. I could see him ending up in the AHL as the most likely destination.

Reactions: HF92

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
0% caufield comes here.

in other news, o'rourke is a flippin' monster. so interested to see what steps he takes this year.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I think it's pretty much set in stone Caufield will play for Wisconsin. He has his brother, girlfriend (I think) and friends playing there. The only way he comes to the Soo is if Montreal signs him, but they don't need him this year, and will most likely respect his commitment to NCAA.

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
As a Kitchener fan I believe that we will be contenders, so just wondering what you guys think the price it would take to get Barrett Hayton.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
Yes i do believe kitchener will be contenders, especially with the 3 overage players that you are bringing back.
Hayton may be available if he does not make Arizona, but can't seem him being available until after the world
junior tournament and just prior to the ohl trade deadline. He may be the best player available and Raftis
should take the best possible deal possible at that time and I believe Kitchener will be one of the contenders for his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad