SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
i suspect peca gets a suspension if saggy brought that photo to their attention. if it didn't make it past twitter perhaps Jaden will catch a break.
One thing though guys, I’m wondering was this a result of the opposition (Peca in this case) giving it to the fans after they score etc by jumping on the glass and gesturing towards them? I must say I really think that’s unsportsmanlike and uncalled for. It just invites this kind of response, especially in the heat of the moment.
Not excusing it but just saying IF that’s the case it’s a trend I don’t care for. Score and celebrate with your teammates. No need to get all in the opposing fans face. Never used to see this.

On a side note I wonder how she feels now. Guess it depends. She either feels pretty stupid or doesn’t give a shit and would do it again.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
This happened right after his fight as he was heading to the dressing room to get repaired. He held his own in the fight, but certainly would have lost by decision.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I worry about our coming effort for game 6. Saginaw did a much better job at dump and chase to put pressure on our defense. We were opportunistic to score when we did. In the later stages of the game i saw our defense giving too big a gap anticipating the dump in. This allowed saginaw the zone and time to make a play.

I hope our defense plays with smaller gaps to force them back to the dump ins, but we also need to be better structured with support from our forwards to allow a short first pass and cleaner zone exits.
Nice to see they’re making a series of it Pops. Win at home and make it a winner take all. Unlike the Wolves (bless their hearts), neither the Hounds nor the Storm had any business being down 0-3. It would be epic to see a comeback. I’ll say like I heard someone say repeatedly when I went to a Hounds game in 1990 at the old gardens. “Let’s go you Greyhounds” :)

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
This happened right after his fight as he was heading to the dressing room to get repaired. He held his own in the fight, but certainly would have lost by decision.
Well lot of emotion and adrenaline right after a fight. I made my point about the trend of giving it to the fans though. Don’t care for it.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Yeah, its not a great look. Keep in mind the Saginaw fans had been waiting all night for something to cheer for, so werent holding back one bit on Jaden. Not excusing it but rather providing colour to the commentary.

Reactions: three dog night

hounds72

Jan 10, 2017
Sorry I did not notice your prior post. You are amazing chum. Great job! I'm humbled by your intellect and only hope you'll endlessly post more so all of us will know what to expect during each game. My comment about insanity is no team can win a series in the playoffs with the same players being forced to carry the entire load. Hence the outcome of games one and two. Three was better given Carroll scored twice, but games four and five were even better yet. I know you must be hurt by this fact, but others need to put up points in order for the Hounds to be successful in the second round. No offense to Frost, he is fantastic, but I truly don't care if he scores another goal or has another assist if the team wins the series and they will only do so if the entire team contributes. Insanity is believing otherwise. By the way, we are cheering for the same team, no one wins if the hound lose another game.
You started it

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Saginaw attendance this series:
Game 1: 5400
Game 2: 4200
Game 5: 3400

If the Soo completes this comeback, the Saginaw fans have only to look as far as their own mirror when attempting to assign blame.

Reactions: three dog night

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Saginaw attendance this series:
Game 1: 5400
Game 2: 4200
Game 5: 3400

If the Soo completes this comeback, the Saginaw fans have only to look as far as their own mirror when attempting to assign blame.
Not sure it’s that simple. Wondering, do they maybe get tickets for their first two home playoff games included in their season ticket pack? Might explain it at least partially.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Be careful of what ,I could've said a lot more about her but i held back

I guess you figured out why you should be careful about posting pics of people giving middle finger. Suspended player has been decent to this point. Too bad but stupid hot headed action that should not happen

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Go Hounds Go! Hopefully tonight the fans are rocking at the gardens. Let’s make it a loud and supportive crowd for the boys! From when they first step on the ice until the last whistle! Pick them up if they fall for a few minutes, cheer on Matty V and help make Provolone look like Swiss.

Let’s Go Greyhounds!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Go Hounds Go! Hopefully tonight the fans are rocking at the gardens. Let’s make it a loud and supportive crowd for the boys! From when they first step on the ice until the last whistle! Pick them up if they fall for a few minutes, cheer on Matty V and help make Provolone look like Swiss.

Let’s Go Greyhounds!
Great post. I feel like the crowd did this in game 3, and really pulled the boys back into the game quickly after those couple soft ones got in. The crowd is the seventh man out there, lets use it regardless of score or momentum.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
The crowd is the seventh man out there, lets use it regardless of score or momentum.

Agreed. I love how fans are singing the anthem a bit now, love when they get on the opposing goalie and hearing a united go hounds go. The wave has been a nice feature too.
I’m surprised there hasn’t really been a Ma-tty Ma-tty Ma-tty chant much, especially when he’s dialled in.

Hopefully everyone is super loud tonight and makes it difficult for Saginaw! (Without crossing the line)

Reactions: BehindSooNet

thetank247

Oct 18, 2017
So I understand Peca getting suspended for 2 games we've seen this before with the middle finger thing , but what I dont understand why Goldowski only got 1 game for cross checking to the face . Frost just got 3 games for the same thing how about the league make the same decisions for these players who commit the same offense. Very sad and at the same time confusing, poor kids not just the fans

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
the Soo crowd has been pretty tame so far. i suspect saginaw is walking into a VERY hostile environment this afternoon. let's see if home ice is a factor! i've heard prosvetov has a temper. i'd sure like to find out :P

Reactions: Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad