SSM Greyhounds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
the Soo crowd has been pretty tame so far. i suspect saginaw is walking into a VERY hostile environment this afternoon. let's see if home ice is a factor! i've heard prosvetov has a temper. i'd sure like to find out :P
Im actually going to the game tonite. I used to get heated at games. I really like to stay quiet. To me being loud and obnoxious at a live event. Its not a good look. Ha. Where do you draw the line with what you say. I will try and stay quiet.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
the Soo crowd has been pretty tame so far. i suspect saginaw is walking into a VERY hostile environment this afternoon. let's see if home ice is a factor! i've heard prosvetov has a temper. i'd sure like to find out :P

We sit in the area behind him. Should be interesting!

Hardcore Techno

Mar 28, 2018
I changed my username. I got bored. Ha. Go Hounds. Ppl don't like me on here it doesn't matter. Ha. I will behave. Ha.

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Pretty sure our power play alone could supply ALL the local bakeries with enough turnovers to last a week at least...
Here’s to hoping the 3rd is strong.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Great season, Soo Hounds! You took down my Attack in fine fashion . Have a great summer see fa in September !

newhound777

Apr 10, 2019
The only thing worse than missing tonights game with the flu was being forced to watch the Shaw TV guys. Great season for our Hounds!

Reactions: PuckLife

Marj44

Jun 17, 2015
Great season by all the players, thank you. What a salute by the boys and sendoff by the fans! Good luck to all the grads, hope to see you guys in the show soon!
To everyone on this board and visitors from other threads, have a great summer and take care of yourselves and each other!

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Given that Saginaw loaded up to make a run this year they were playing with nine 19-year olds as opposed to the Hounds that had three 19-year olds. The Hounds were the second youngest team in the league this year. At least the Hounds made a series out of this and that blown lead in Game 3 when one looks back may be the turning point of this series.

dmead

Jan 12, 2018
London
Fine season and good run in the playoffs. Always enjoy watching the Hounds. Have a great summer and come back next year strong.

Reactions: Bear54

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Great season, Soo Hounds! You took down my Attack in fine fashion . Have a great summer see fa in September !

I saw the Hounds take the series finale vs Owen Sound (iow, was at the game)

Marvellous, team-wide effort by the Attack.

Good Luck next season. Your club is definitely on the right track.

Reactions: Millpond

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Hounds rolled two lines. Yeah, that worked swell.

Started to bust butt once they were down three.

What was with that? Played like we had a 3-2 series lead.

Power Play hurts everyone's eyes.

Interested to see if the staff remains intact. It shouldn't.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
There's a lot to like for next year for this team. Need to find some OA replacements to bolster the defense, maybe swap out some depth guys to get some picks (since you have A LOT of good depth guys), but this team should be in contention again next year as long as Taylor can hold up as the starting goalie.

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
So sorry guys and Soo Hound Girl. Well fought team effort.

Future looks good. I always like teams with red pants.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Rookie coach, got deep into the second round with the second youngest team in the league. Played well against a team making a run at a championship.. we are losing Frost, Hayton has a shot to be back and Pytlik is a legitimate first round NHL candidate next year. Carrol, McKay coming back.. people severely underate how well we have drafted , scouted, and found imports year after year. Yes we haven't won a championship yet but we have gone from bottom feeder to a top 5-10 development team in all of the CHL. We produce quality kids, and NHL prospects and do it's in a respectable manner in a small market. We have sustained success which everyone cried for, for years... Not going for a championship and then 3-4 years of bottom feeding. Eventually and hopefully soon the stars will align for us. Until then enjoy the kids and the coaching staff, because they have been top notch in the Sault.

About 16-17 fan bases would love to be us.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
we were never contenders. a small portion of the fans felt we were and now they get to wear egg all summer. saginaw is an elite team and i'll be cheering for them the rest of the way.

soo hound girl

Oct 20, 2017
Nice crowd of 4578 too bad we had little to cheer about
Difference of this series was special teams Saginaw was awesome on the PK we didn’t have any time and space
I’m sorry but Ivan is classless other than him I like the spirit should be a good conference finals
And oh one more thing Deadmau you are making Paul Theriault look bad you should go back to using your real posters name Ha

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Rookie coach, got deep into the second round with the second youngest team in the league. Played well against a team making a run at a championship.. we are losing Frost, Hayton has a shot to be back and Pytlik is a legitimate first round NHL candidate next year. Carrol, McKay coming back.. people severely underate how well we have drafted , scouted, and found imports year after year. Yes we haven't won a championship yet but we have gone from bottom feeder to a top 5-10 development team in all of the CHL. We produce quality kids, and NHL prospects and do it's in a respectable manner in a small market. We have sustained success which everyone cried for, for years... Not going for a championship and then 3-4 years of bottom feeding. Eventually and hopefully soon the stars will align for us. Until then enjoy the kids and the coaching staff, because they have been top notch in the Sault.

About 16-17 fan bases would love to be us.

thats a very long post to say "we should have been sellers"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad