Prospect Info: Springfield Thunderbirds Roster

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I only had a problem with one of his plays in that package (he did basically nothing when he got walked around on the goal against). He could have made a better play from the corner in the highlight toward the end, but he was inthe right position, didn't have time to hold the puck and going up the wall was the safest play. A strong tape to tape pass would have been the ideal play, but I certainly wouldn't call it a lapse that he wasn't able to make it. That would have been a very difficult play to make with the time he had and giving it up to a player at the point isn't a dangerous play. I'd much rather see that play than watch him try to skate the puck out of danger or go up the middle with a pass.

I see your point. Didn't have much of an option and his play didn't work.

My second guess is just try and keep the puck frozen in the corner rather than throw what turned into a perfect pass to the point (of the other team).

Reactions: OSA

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
I'm guessing Colten Ellis will probably be in the nets Saturday for Springfield.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
They did it again!

T-Birds beat Bridgeport 4-1. Undefeated (well, at least in regulation, 7-0-2-1) and lead their division.

Perunovich with 2 more assists. He now has 13 assists and leads the AHL in scoring with 15 points.

Colton Ellis with 28 saves for the win.

Joshua also with 2 assists.

Washkurak with his 3rd goal in 5 games since being promoted.

Logan Brown and Alexei Toropchenko also scored.

I'm reading AHL box scores on a Saturday night (insert punch line here).

Last edited:
Reactions: MissouriMook

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
T-Birds win in Providence, 4-1. Two goals by Anas, an assist by Perunovich - 10 straight games with points.

Lindgren is playing really well in goal. Needs another shot at the NHL (somewhere).

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Cool thing. The Blues' entire draft class from 2018 (minus Bokk) is playing with Springfield.

Hofer is a current exception.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Wow - four goals in the third period and another win for the fabulous Thunderbirds.

Six point weekend - these boys are something,

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Thunderbirds update - First place in Atlantic Division, 13-2-2.

Top points - Peca, Brown, Walker 15 points
Top goals - Peca (9) Brown (6) Walker (5) Toropchenko (5)
Top assists - Walker (10) Brown (9) McGing (7)
PPGs - Peca (4) Todd (3) Alexandrov (3)
GAA - Hofer (2.13)
Save pct - Lindgren (.926)
W - Lindgren (7)
PIMs - Tucker (30) Wesley (28) MacEachern (20)

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Roster addition - Michael Kim, LHD, 5-11, 200, 26 years old, on loan from Maine in the ECHL.

Two-time captain at Boston College. Interesting story.

BC captain Michael Kim was on of the most impressive defenseman I saw last year at Magness Arena. He wasn’t the biggest guy but he could skate very well and was great at exiting his zone clean.

Last edited:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
The AHL cancels the Thunderbirds next three games - yesterday and the upcoming weekend.

Blake Christensen added to T-Birds roster.

Last edited:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Springfield Thunderbirds announced a series of roster moves Thursday ahead of the club's three-game weekend. Goaltender Colten Ellis has been recalled from the ECHL's Worcester Railers, and the Thunderbirds have additionally signed forwards Drew Callin and Robbie Payne to professional tryouts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad