Prospect Info: Springfield Thunderbirds Roster

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Laferriere and Washkurak apparantly also have been send down to Worchester.

Worcester lineup

Forwards
Blake Christensen Felix Bibeau Jordan Lavallee-Smotherman
Anthony Repaci Jacob Hayhurst Grant Jozefek
Erik Brown Brent Beaudoin Drew Callin
Collin Adams Keean Washkurak Mathias LaFerriere

Defensemen
Nick Albano Connor McCarthy
Zach Malatesta Karl Boudrias
Mike Cornell Myles McGurty

Goalies
Colten Ellis

Justin Kapelmaster

Last edited:
Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Worcester lineup

Forwards
Blake Christensen Felix Bibeau Jordan Lavallee-Smotherman
Anthony Repaci Jacob Hayhurst Grant Jozefek
Erik Brown Brent Beaudoin Drew Callin
Collin Adams Keean Washkurak Mathias LaFerriere

Defensemen
Nick Albano Connor McCarthy
Zach Malatesta Karl Boudrias
Mike Cornell Myles McGurty

Goalies
Colten Ellis

Justin Kapelmaster

Side note, Worcesters line-up is from an exhibition game against the Mariners. The Railers are an affiliate of the Islanders, but the only Islander on that team is Collin Adams who was quite a decent NCAA-level forward, so not a bad guy to have on your line (if the Adams-Washer-Laferriere line sticks). Blake Christensen has an AHL-contract with us.

The fact that we send more players to the Railers then the Islanders did (Ellis, Washkurak, Laferriere and Christensen) seems to point at us sharing the affiliate with them this year?

But back to the Thunderbirds:

These were the 'birds lines:
Walker-Brown-Anas
Stevens-Peca-Todd
MacEachern-Joshua-Toropchenko
Alexanderov-Kaspick-McGing

Rosen-Perunovich
Tucker-Santini
Luce-Cross

Hofer
Lindgren

It's hard to predict how good a team is, but eventhough the Blues prospectpool isn't deep, it feels like this is quite a decent AHL-team. At least better then the teams we had at Utica (along with Vancouver) and San Antonio.

That Walker - Brown - Anas line has the potential to be one of the most lethal lines in the AHL. Tucker also got paired with Santini again, like last year where they connected really well. Only our third defensive pairing looks weak-ish, but that might be just me not knowing them good enough.

Reactions: The Electrician

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
OK Boomer!
20211016_211550.jpg

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
But back to the Thunderbirds:

These were the 'birds lines:
Walker-Brown-Anas
Stevens-Peca-Todd
MacEachern-Joshua-Toropchenko
Alexanderov-Kaspick-McGing

Rosen-Perunovich
Tucker-Santini
Luce-Cross

Hofer
Lindgren

It's hard to predict how good a team is, but eventhough the Blues prospectpool isn't deep, it feels like this is quite a decent AHL-team. At least better then the teams we had at Utica (along with Vancouver) and San Antonio.

That Walker - Brown - Anas line has the potential to be one of the most lethal lines in the AHL. Tucker also got paired with Santini again, like last year where they connected really well. Only our third defensive pairing looks weak-ish, but that might be just me not knowing them good enough.

That 3rd line looks nasty. I would not want to play against it.

The 4th line looks brutal, but Alexandrov gets bumped.

EDIT: Blake Christensen signed directly with Springfield, no STL.

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
EDIT: Blake Christensen signed directly with Springfield, no STL.

As far as I know the Blues have control over who Springfield sign to AHL deals. At least it was so with San Antonio. So that's why I mentioned "us" signing him to an AHL-deal.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Nathan Todd could be an interesting guy to watch. Maybe as a fill-in when injuries pile up.

Todd’s never been the biggest -- the most agile, or the most dynamic. But he’s got underrated puck abilities - a quick release on his heavy shot - and solid defensive fundamentals engraved in his game. His attention-to-detail is something many applaud, especially those that have been around him in Manitoba this season.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Nathan Todd could be an interesting guy to watch. Maybe as a fill-in when injuries pile up.

Todd’s never been the biggest -- the most agile, or the most dynamic. But he’s got underrated puck abilities - a quick release on his heavy shot - and solid defensive fundamentals engraved in his game. His attention-to-detail is something many applaud, especially those that have been around him in Manitoba this season.

I like McGing. He has a nose for the net. Older then Alexandrov, but pretty solid

Reactions: execwrite1

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
T-Birds win again Sunday @ Providence 4-1. Three stars - Peca, 2 goals; Hofer 39/40 saves, some other guy.

Three assists for Perunovich. First in Atlantic, 4-0-1

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Sunday highlights - 5-3 win.

Couple of defensive lapses by Perunovich
I only had a problem with one of his plays in that package (he did basically nothing when he got walked around on the goal against). He could have made a better play from the corner in the highlight toward the end, but he was inthe right position, didn't have time to hold the puck and going up the wall was the safest play. A strong tape to tape pass would have been the ideal play, but I certainly wouldn't call it a lapse that he wasn't able to make it. That would have been a very difficult play to make with the time he had and giving it up to a player at the point isn't a dangerous play. I'd much rather see that play than watch him try to skate the puck out of danger or go up the middle with a pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad