Prospect Info: Springfield Thunderbirds Roster

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
T-Birds rolling into playoffs

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Springfield Thunderbirds (35-23-2-5, 77 points) climbed into a tie for third place in the Atlantic Division with the Charlotte Checkers (35-23-4-3, 77 points) with a thrilling 3-2 overtime victory on Friday night at Bojangles' Coliseum.
The Thunderbirds had the bulk of the offensive zone time in the opening 20 minutes, including two power plays over the first 10 minutes of play, but the Charlotte penalty kill continued to flummox Springfield's dangerous power play, and the T-Birds' 10-shot first period did not result in anything on the scoresheet against J-F Berube.

With the win, the T-Birds' magic number to clinch a Calder Cup playoff berth is now 7, and the T-Birds, by way of a tiebreaker, sit in third in the Atlantic. The two squads complete a three-game set on Saturday with a 6:00 p.m. puck drop to close the season series. The winner of Saturday's game will hold sole possession of third place in the Atlantic.

Reactions: Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Perunovich had a bit of a slow start after returning from his injury, but lately he's been really good. 8 points in his last 5 games.

Reactions: Blueston

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Perunovich is pure trade bait this Summer.

We already have 7 NHL d-men signed for next year. And even if two of them are moved this offseason, which is possible, I believe Tucker and Kessel are both ahead of Perunovich based on the Blues’ needs. I don’t see good odds that Peru is on the Blues’ roster next season.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Perunovich is pure trade bait this Summer.

We already have 7 NHL d-men signed for next year. And even if two of them are moved this offseason, which is possible, I believe Tucker and Kessel are both ahead of Perunovich based on the Blues’ needs. I don’t see good odds that Peru is on the Blues’ roster next season.
why bother? it's not likely he has any value at this point. might as well bring him back and see what happens. likely gonna move out some d anyway.

Reactions: execwrite1

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
why bother? it's not likely he has any value at this point. might as well bring him back and see what happens. likely gonna move out some d anyway.
Even if we move out a couple D, we would bring in a new one. Plus have Tucker and Kessel. So still would likely have 7-8 guys ahead of Perunovich.

It’s not the Blues’ style to bury a guy in the AHL like that. Perunovich will be 25, the Blues will give him a change of scenery somewhere else so that he gets a chance at the NHL. Or he’ll be packaged in a trade for a new d-man or center.

Reactions: Spicy Panger

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Even if we move out a couple D, we would bring in a new one. Plus have Tucker and Kessel. So still would likely have 7-8 guys ahead of Perunovich.

It’s not the Blues’ style to bury a guy in the AHL like that. Perunovich will be 25, the Blues will give him a change of scenery somewhere else so that he gets a chance at the NHL. Or he’ll be packaged in a trade for a new d-man or center.
He’s gonna love detroit

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
Good morning guys!

I’m looking to take my son to a game, possibly on the 15th. Are there any good places to buy tickets, other than the team page?

Thank you!

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Good morning guys!

I’m looking to take my son to a game, possibly on the 15th. Are there any good places to buy tickets, other than the team page?

Thank you!

StubHub is an option.

Only two home games left in the regular season, sold out. Great fan support in Springfield.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced today that they have sold out the final two regular season home games this Friday, April 14, and Saturday, April 15 at the MassMutual Center. The two capacity crowds bring the franchise's total to a single-season record 15 sold-out dates at the MassMutual Center.

Baby Doaner

Mar 14, 2021
StubHub is an option.

Only two home games left in the regular season, sold out. Great fan support in Springfield.

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. - The Springfield Thunderbirds announced today that they have sold out the final two regular season home games this Friday, April 14, and Saturday, April 15 at the MassMutual Center. The two capacity crowds bring the franchise's total to a single-season record 15 sold-out dates at the MassMutual Center.
I guess I’m in the wrong spot. I was looking for Springfield, MO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad