GDT: Springfield Flames @ Cape Fear Kings, 8:00PM on SNET-W and the Fan 960

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For the record, I didn't read the above posts clearly enough and assumed that was a "what if Iginla is traded, who would you name captain" kind of question.

I don't think he should be stripped of the captaincy while he's still here.
that would be a great april fools joke by the Flames

"IGINLA SCANDAL HAS FLAMES SCRAMBLING TO FIND A NEW CAPTAIN"

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
that would be a great april fools joke by the Flames

"IGINLA SCANDAL HAS FLAMES SCRAMBLING TO FIND A NEW CAPTAIN"

A real April fool would be a news headline reading something like: "Flames' Ownership and Management Agree to a Full Rebuild: Feaster Says 'This Little Iggy's Going to Market!'"

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Why is it so asinine?

Because besides him single handily carrying this team for over a decade, you want to strip him of his captaincy because this team is losing. The idea that somehow humiliating our best player to 'shake up' the team and then give the C to another player who is under preforming is a good idea is mind boggling.

I will never understand some fans disbelief that somehow a 35 year old Iginla isn't as good as a 27 year old Iginla, and how because he isn't one of the best players in the game anymore means he doesn't deserve to be captain or he is somehow less of a captain.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I can't believe fellow Flames fans are entertaining the idea of demoting Iginla from being our captain. I'm reading it, oh I can see it. Still can't believe it though.

I remember when Iginla was recognized around the league as the best captain. Right up until our TEAM ***** the bed I guess. Damn Iggys shoulders must be sore.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I can't believe fellow Flames fans are entertaining the idea of demoting Iginla from being our captain. I'm reading it, oh I can see it. Still can't believe it though.

I remember when Iginla was recognized around the league as the best captain. Right up until our TEAM ***** the bed I guess. Damn Iggys shoulders must be sore.

Brands change and evolve. That's why it's sometimes a good thing to give people a chance to shine in a new spot.

But regarding Iggy's "C" - why not let him keep it until his "situation" is resolved? Making changes to the captaincy right now would probably do more harm than good.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
You jest, but that headline looks like it was ripped directly from the Sun.

It's the key to any good April Fool's joke. Make it realistic and make it sound like something the individual or organization would say or do in a given situation.

In a previous workplace a colleague would send memos around on April 1st that would really floor us before we figured it out. They were good because they sounded like something management and ownership would do. They hated it but what could they do? Nobody was harmed (We usually clued in before anything was really acted on) and morale remained decently average (Which, from what I hear these days, is the best one can expect of almost any workplace here in Calgary).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad