GDT: Springfield Flames @ Cape Fear Kings, 8:00PM on SNET-W and the Fan 960

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:flames (9-10-4) are in Cape Fear to play the :kings2 (13-8-2)

The feelings of every Flames fan, as represented by Sideshow Bob

When? 8:00PM
Where? Sportsnet West
Live Streams: www.atdhe.eu www.firstrowsports.eu

143jnl0.jpg

The projected lines for your Springfield Flames

15ygdwy.png

smdc01.png

2hyf0px.jpg

Flames Season Leaders
Mike Cammalleri leads the team in goals with nine
Jiri Hudler and Jarome Iginla lead the team in assists with 12
Jarome Iginla leads the team in points with 19 (7G, 12A)

Injuries
Curtis Glencross (Upper Body)

Scratches
Cory Sarich
St. Lord Anton of Antonlandia

The projected lineup for the Cape Fear Kings

Dustin Brown - Anže Kopitar - Justin Williams
Dustin Pancake - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter
Dwight King - Jarrett Stoll - Trevor Lewis
Kyle Clifford - Colin Fraser - Jordan Nolan

Jake Muzzin - Drew Doughty
Rob Scuderi - Slava Voynov
Alec Martinez - Keaton Ellerby

Johnathan Quick

Players to watch (courtesy of the Flames website):

Slava Voynov
With three assists against the Flames on Saturday, Voynov has vaulted himself into fourth in scoring on the Kings. The 23-year-old defenseman is also second on the team with a plus-11 rating and is third in ice time among Los Angeles skaters averaging over 22 minutes a game.

Justin Williams
The Kings’ plus/minus leader at plus-12, Williams is four to the good against the Flames this season. Williams’ goal and two assists Saturday paced Los Angeles to their victory, while the 31-year-old now has six points in his last three games.

Tyler Toffoli
Recalled from the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League on Sunday, the 20-year-old Toffoli will be given an opportunity to step into an offensive role against the Kings. A two-time 50-goal scorer with the Ottawa 67s, Toffoli has continued his scoring ways at the pro level with 28 tallies in 55 games with the Monarchs this season.

Goaltenders Matchup:
Miikka Kiprusoff (This Season: 3-5-2, 3.43 GAA, .867 SV%)
Johnathan Quick (This Season: 8-7-2, 2.55 GAA, .895 SV%)

More Information Before The Game Today:
Flames got spanked 6-2 on Saturday Night against the Kings
Kings lead the season series 1-0
Jeff Carter is hot for the Kings, with too many goals
Cape Fear is 8-2-1 at home this season
Springfield is 3-5-2 on the road this season

And finally...

GO :flames GO

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
D'OH!

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions
Looks like #Flames D changes- Brodie Bouwmeester-Butler Sarich-Giordano Wideman.. MacDonald to start in goal.

Not warm body to replace Glencross I can see. Curtis seeing doctors in Cgy today. #Flames

Forward lines (From Calgary Herald)

* J.Hudler M.Cammaleri J.Iginla

* A.Tanguay M.Stajan L.Stempniak

* B.Comeau M.Backlund R.Cervenka

* T.Jackman S.Begin B.McGrattan

http://i49.tinypic.com/15ygdwy.png
http://i47.tinypic.com/smdc01.png

Last edited:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
D'OH!

Looks like #Flames D changes- Brodie Bouwmeester-Butler Sarich-Giordano Wideman.. MacDonald to start in goal.

Not warm body to replace Glencross I can see. Curtis seeing doctors in Cgy today. #Flames

Forward lines (From Calgary Herald)

* J.Hudler M.Cammaleri J.Iginla

* A.Tanguay M.Stajan L.Stempniak

* B.Comeau M.Backlund R.Cervenka

* T.Jackman S.Begin B.McGrattan
Thanks, Stewie! Going to update the lineup now.

TylerSVT*

Macdonald in, who knows how we play.

LA is just too big and strong for us.

LA wins.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Looks like the coaches know we are out of the playoffs, seeing that they are finally playing the backup regularly now. Also, I really like the Brodie-Boumeester pairing. Goes to show you that Hartley awards a young player for playing well.

mustange70

Nov 27, 2010
I'll be interested to see these d-pairings, brodie with bouw will do wonders for Brodie's development as they are very similar style players, and I think with Gio playing with wideman will do him good as well, as their style is similar which I have always thought is a major key to successful d-pairings.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
We needed a roster spot for Backlund. Kinda sucks tho, would take him over Comeau any day.
People need to accept that Comeau fills a role on this team that no one else does. He is one of 2 players to have more than 2 hits per game, he kills penalties, he is a great skater and he is always giving 100%.

With the complaints people have about the effort of this team someone like Comeau should be getting alot more credit than he does.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
People need to accept that Comeau fills a role on this team that no one else does. He is one of 2 players to have more than 2 hits per game, he kills penalties, he is a great skater and he is always giving 100%.

With the complaints people have about the effort of this team someone like Comeau should be getting alot more credit than he does.

Guy's a decent bottom six player, but scoring 20 goals once didn't help people's expectations of him.

I think the other issue is that he's *almost* a threat offensively, but he has three plays once he enters the offensive zone. Shoot from the top of the circle, lose the puck, or skate it behind the net.

For the role he plays, I can't really think of anyone in the system who could come up and assume that role. Perhaps Aliu, but it's a stretch.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC

I will admit Comeau has been better of late, but in the top 9 I would still take Baertschi. I'm fine with having Comeau on the 4th line but when it comes to playing with Tanguay and Cammalleri, Baertschi is simply a better fit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I will admit Comeau has been better of late, but in the top 9 I would still take Baertschi. I'm fine with having Comeau on the 4th line but when it comes to playing with Tanguay and Cammalleri, Baertschi is simply a better fit.
except for the fact he's not a better fit. Baertschi has been dominated physically this year, he is just not ready.

TylerSVT*

I take Comeau over Jackman and Begin. Comeau sucks but he did score 20 goals once... so he has some skill. Jackman is useless as can be now and Begin is the same.

Can someone tell me why they Started Kipper Sat??? I mean, it makes no sense if they planned to play Macdonald today. Perhaps the tank is in effect (or Kipper isnt feeling 100%)

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
except for the fact he's not a better fit. Baertschi has been dominated physically this year, he is just not ready.

Baertschi is in a slump, many players go through it. A couple extra pounds wouldn't hurt but I don't think him not being ready is the problem. We've seen glimpses of Baertschi this year with the Bouwmeester goal and a couple good chances here and there along with a very good performance last season when he was called up. I don't disagree with him being sent down as I think he needs to find his game, but with Glencross out I still feel that Baerstchi is a better fit then Comeau on that specific 3rd line.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I think this will be a close game, but LA's size and strength down the middle will be our downfall.

3-2 Kings. This game might be the nail in the coffin... 9-11-4 at the half-way point is simply not good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad