GDT: Springfield Flames @ Cape Fear Kings, 8:00PM on SNET-W and the Fan 960

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
If we move our 1st, I may just have to boycott this team. At that point it would become clear management has no idea what they are doing, and are actively damaging the franchise. Unless we get something like Duchene or Schenn or something back, but that wont happen.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
If we move our 1st, I may just have to boycott this team. At that point it would become clear management has no idea what they are doing, and are actively damaging the franchise. Unless we get something like Duchene or Schenn or something back, but that wont happen.

When your boat's on fire, you don't drill a big hole in the bottom of the boat to get some water to put the fire out.

I hope Feaster isn't this stupid / has that kind of pressure put on him by ownership.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Ok to make you happy they are first liners. They produce like first liners but don't get the job done like first liners. Subpar goaltenging? Hmmm makes your think that maybe Kipper made this team better then they are the last few years. Our so called "core" has been the problem!!!!!!!!!

But they are producing so it doesn't matter.

Not sure why your telling me all this? When it was never the argument. I was simply stating that they are first liners, thank god you finally understand :).. Also if I'm bored ill try dig up some stats (doubt it because its an argument filled with fallacies) on how "clutch" our top line is.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
After this roadtrip I hope the team is hopelessly dead last at the deadline so that no excuses can be made by ownership or management. It's been the same depressing old story for at least 3 years and the team just sucks. Time to move on. What the hell is anyone going to accomplish by clinging to what we have now? I hope we lose every game so that fans stop coming to games. That might be the only way this team can start over.

But were only 6 points out of 3rd place and with a few bounces we would be a playoff team!!!! That is what management is probably thinking as they smoke some good stuff. This losing streak must continue or they will maintain the course.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
jarome looks so frustrated and pissed in his post game interview

Who wouldn't be, he's in the last year of his contract, on the team in the city that is his home, and he entered the season hoping he'd be in a position where he wouldn't have to ask for a trade. Now said team is in last place, and in a downward spiral it doesn't look like they will come out of, and he has to go against everything he said he would do or would want to do and ask for an out, which he will get. What he doesn't realize I don't think is that the majority of us want two things: -Whats best for the team, which would be moving him for prospects and picks. -Whats best for him, which is a chance to live out his boyhood dream and raise the cup over his head.

I wish absolutely nothing but the best of luck in his future cup run(s), and hope that one day he finishes out his career here.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
But were only 6 points out of 3rd place and with a few bounces we would be a playoff team!!!! That is what management is probably thinking as they smoke some good stuff. This losing streak must continue or they will maintain the course.

Fans not going to games regardless of wins and losses this season would be the only way to send the message, if fans go when they win and not when they don't the only message they'll get is we must win now!

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Not sure why your telling me all this? When it was never the argument. I was simply stating that they are first liners, thank god you finally understand :).. Also if I'm bored ill try dig up some stats (doubt it because its an argument filled with fallacies) on how "clutch" our top line is.

If you go to situational stats on yahoo it breaks it down quite well. One thing that stuck out to me is Iggy and Tanguay have produced quite well in the 9 games we have won about a ppg pace. In the 15 games we have lost they produce at about a .5ppg pace and have an awful +/-. This tells me that our top players show up and play about 30-40% of the time. You can read these in a lot of different ways but like you said its full of fallacies.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If you go to situational stats on yahoo it breaks it down quite well. One thing that stuck out to me is Iggy and Tanguay have produced quite well in the 9 games we have won about a ppg pace. In the 15 games we have lost they produce at about a .5ppg pace and have an awful +/-. This tells me that our top players show up and play about 30-40% of the time. You can read these in a lot of different ways but like you said its full of fallacies.

Thornton must be a 2nd liner is has ppg of under .500 in games lost, Kovy is even worse 4 points in 14 games lost 3rd liner. Giroux is barely a first liner with .666 ppg when his team loses, Kessel has 4 points in 11 loses 2nd liner.

Almost all star players are hot and cold and teams generally lose when their stars aren't scoring, that doesn't make them 2nd liners that makes them human. Jesus some people look for anything to ***** about.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary

What a shock, that when our top line doesn't score, we lose.

Gee, how revolutionary.

I'm not advocating that we keep the team the same, but I'm not saying we should blow it up either. I think a rebuild in the mold of Philly would be preferable to Edmonton style. Something where we keep our mentors, liquidate some assets, and push for the playoffs after a good draft.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Thornton must be a 2nd liner is has ppg of under .500 in games lost, Kovy is even worse 4 points in 14 games lost 3rd liner. Giroux is barely a first liner with .666 ppg when his team loses, Kessel has 4 points in 11 loses 2nd liner.

Almost all star players are hot and cold and teams generally lose when their stars aren't scoring, that doesn't make them 2nd liners that makes them human. Jesus some people look for anything to ***** about.

What I was saying went completely over your head obviously, no **** top line players don't score as much in losses its the face that our 1st line players have only scored and won us 9 games, about a 1/3 of the games this year. I'm not even *****ing about anything I am simply saying our 1st line players are not good enough to win. I am critical of them and all of a sudden everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
What a shock, that when our top line doesn't score, we lose.

Gee, how revolutionary.

I'm not advocating that we keep the team the same, but I'm not saying we should blow it up either. I think a rebuild in the mold of Philly would be preferable to Edmonton style. Something where we keep our mentors, liquidate some assets, and push for the playoffs after a good draft.

Philly didn't keep their "mentors", they traded away their Captain and alternate Captain.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Philly didn't keep their "mentors", they traded away their Captain and alternate Captain.
They had fairly good reason to though, I don't blame them for that decision. Their true leader was Chris Pronger, unfortunately he took a stick hard to the eye. Carter is no leader though... I mean really?

I think we need to keep a few veterans that can play hard minutes. Don't think that will ever be an issue in Calgary though.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
They still kept Gagne, and Hatcher, no? I'd say they were pretty mentor-type players for the younger kids.

Hatcher retired in 07-08 season and Gagne left in 09-10.

Unless we are talking about seperate rebuilds? (I was referring to their recent rebuild two offseasons ago)

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Not sure why we are being compared to Philly, the make up of this team is nothing like them or how they were a few years ago.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Hatcher retired in 07-08 season and Gagne left in 09-10.

Unless we are talking about seperate rebuilds? (I was referring to their recent rebuild two offseasons ago)

Whoops, I was talking about their rebuild after 06-07. Sorry for not clarifying.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Not sure why we are being compared to Philly, the make up of this team is nothing like them or how they were a few years ago.

I think you're missing the point of wanting to style a retool after them, not how they are.

We should trade off some assets, but keep players that are producing. There needs to be a leadership change, sooner rather than later.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I think you're missing the point of wanting to style a retool after them, not how they are.

We should trade off some assets, but keep players that are producing. There needs to be a leadership change, sooner rather than later.

I agree with this, I don't mind keeping a guy like Tanguay for the rest of his contract. Are assets on the other hand to trade won't get the return Philly got on their players.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
I agree with this, I don't mind keeping a guy like Tanguay for the rest of his contract. Are assets on the other hand to trade won't get the return Philly got on their players.

I'd like to see Iginla, one of Gio/Bouw, Kipper traded to speed up a retool. However with that said, if Iginla wants to stay here, he best be comfortable giving up his C and focus on playing on the second line.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I'd like to see Iginla, one of Gio/Bouw, Kipper traded to speed up a retool. However with that said, if Iginla wants to stay here, he best be comfortable giving up his C and focus on playing on the second line.

Thats where the problem will come in, can't see Iggy going for that even though he should

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad