Blue Jays Discussion: Spring Training '19 Part 1: It wouldn't be spring training without drama

Status
Not open for further replies.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Giles better yell at batters who jog out of the box during a routine hit to SS. The guy's a goof. imagine going hard every play in a 162 game season + spring training + meaningless drills..
Don't agree with how he went about it, but there is a difference between going 100% all-out every drill, and at least participating in a drill when you're auditioning for a spot in the Majors.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Don't agree with how he went about it, but there is a difference between going 100% all-out every drill, and at least participating in a drill when you're auditioning for a spot in the Majors.

thats fair.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Does Giles have some kind of history of racism?

I'm not a fan of the way Giles went about it, as I think there are more productive ways of making an impact on a teammate, but I have no problem with a player calling out another for skipping drills. I don't think his spring ERA is relevant at all here, and even if it was I don't think Paulino's 9.00 gives him a lot of leeway to call anyone else out on their results.

Oh god no. He's just a tool.

And of course, you call out a teammate when they're dragging ass. Usually, the message is best received when it comes from someone....good.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Oh god no. He's just a tool.

And of course, you call out a teammate when they're dragging ass. Usually, the message is best received when it comes from someone....good.

Seventh among major league relievers in fWAR the last five years. I don't think having some bad luck last year and throwing nearly three bad innings this year disqualifies him from calling out a teammate.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Seventh among major league relievers in fWAR the last five years. I don't think having some bad luck last year and throwing nearly three bad innings this year disqualifies him from calling out a teammate.

Fun fact: has a higher ERA than Ryan Tepera since coming to the AL (16-18). As far as tangible performance is considered, he's just a guy.

Good for him for identifying what he perceives to be a problem. But the holier than thou act from a man who can't seem to pitch well when the situation isn't how he wants it (i.e. a non-save opportunity) is tiresome. Should probably be focusing on getting himself right.

Further, had this truly been an issue, I would imagine whomever was running the drill (given what we know about the new coaching staff) would be responsible for addressing it.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
4hRYCwl.jpg

weems

Jul 3, 2008
With Bichette, whats his ceiling?

Has he possibly even been underrated as a prospect because he was in the same system as Vlad and thus took away some of hype?

All the kid does is hit and you'd expect more power to develop.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Its good to know people aren't stupid and over reactive or anything... :facepalm:

I get being upset but this is just getting stupid. or it has been stupid for a while. now its just getting out of control. if I wouldn't miss you people in this forum so much I would be completely happy watching the internet crash and shut down for a couple months just because half the population wouldn't know what to do

kb

Aug 28, 2009
No kidding, they pulled out the whole of my rear seat bench and then refused to put it back, I had to pay a mechanic to properly put it back in so it's safe for people to sit there.
My buddy and I put our (now ex) wives in the back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark