Spotted some stars in my area

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys, I wasn't really sure what to call this thread but since this was in my area (Mississauga) I figured I'd let you guys in on it. If any of you guys are familiar with Vic Johnstons hockey arena in Streetsville, apparently every wednesday a bunch of NHL players are there playing. I saw them at around 6:30ish and they finished at 7 so I'm guessing they were there from 5 or 5:30 but I don't know much abou WHY they were there and there was something on their jerseys but I couldn't tell what it said, if anyone knows what exactly it is let me know. The players I saw were:

- Connor McDavid
- David Clarkson
- P.K., Malcolm and Jordan Subban
- Carlo Colaiacovo
- John Tavares
- Jeff Skinner
- Casey Cizikas
- Ryan Strome
- Brett and Nick Richie
- Mark Giordano

And there was a whole bunch of other guys there too but it was hard to tell who was who because they didn't have names on the jerseys but I got pictures with Skinner, McDavid, Clarkson, Tavares, all three Subbans and my buddy got a few autographs. There were no lineups for pictures and not even really any crowds either so that was cool but if you guys wanna look up where this is then I'd say do it and come there next Wednesday. I'll try and upload some pictures of them playing but for privacy reasons not pictures of me with them. If anyone can fill me in on what this was exactly because like I said I saw something on their jerseys then that would be cool but I couldn't tell what it said. Anyways, good luck!

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here's the pics from the game

10347511_10152557508137453_6982444538824235486_n.jpg

10505602_10152557507067453_1697525148586193508_n.jpg

10405662_10152557506877453_234082979059593430_n.jpg

10570321_10152557506692453_4578334138590688098_n.jpg

10411256_10152557505992453_5380431193183499226_n.jpg

10401937_10152557506082453_1110827731474804874_n.jpg

10520105_10152557506147453_1832925272607697010_n.jpg

Ace88*

Whaaat no way. I live like 2 minutes for vic j, maybe ill check it out

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Hey guys, I wasn't really sure what to call this thread but since this was in my area (Mississauga) I figured I'd let you guys in on it. If any of you guys are familiar with Vic Johnstons hockey arena in Streetsville, apparently every wednesday a bunch of NHL players are there playing. I saw them at around 6:30ish and they finished at 7 so I'm guessing they were there from 5 or 5:30 but I don't know much abou WHY they were there and there was something on their jerseys but I couldn't tell what it said, if anyone knows what exactly it is let me know. The players I saw were:

- Connor McDavid
- David Clarkson
- P.K., Malcolm and Jordan Subban
- Carlo Colaiacovo
- John Tavares
- Jeff Skinner
- Casey Cizikas
- Ryan Strome
- Brett and Nick Richie
- Mark Giordano

And there was a whole bunch of other guys there too but it was hard to tell who was who because they didn't have names on the jerseys but I got pictures with Skinner, McDavid, Clarkson, Tavares, all three Subbans and my buddy got a few autographs. There were no lineups for pictures and not even really any crowds either so that was cool but if you guys wanna look up where this is then I'd say do it and come there next Wednesday. I'll try and upload some pictures of them playing but for privacy reasons not pictures of me with them. If anyone can fill me in on what this was exactly because like I said I saw something on their jerseys then that would be cool but I couldn't tell what it said. Anyways, good luck!

That's really awesome! Now I'll have to walk to Vic Johnston every Wednesday just to see if they're there. :cry:

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Is this every wednesday or was this just a one time thing? I live real close by Vic Johnston and was wondering

My buddy who's friends with Casey Cizikas told me its 6:00 pm every wednesday and I just found out before I went today so yeah definitely check it out. Like I said I got pictures with McDavid, Clarkson, the Subbans, Skinner and Tavares, no lineup or anything just a few other people who wanted the same thing so it was worth it haha. Looked like they were playing pretty hard too, P.K. almost got injured on a blocked shot, he was rolling around and skated off kinda slow but he looked okay in the dressing room. But yeah definitely check it out, it was well worth it. That same buddy of mine said apparently its a gym that they all work out at which is called the Athlete Training Centre in Oakville and then they all go there at 6:00 pm.

TheThrill81*

My buddy who's friends with Casey Cizikas told me its 6:00 pm every wednesday and I just found out before I went today so yeah definitely check it out. Like I said I got pictures with McDavid, Clarkson, the Subbans, Skinner and Tavares, no lineup or anything just a few other people who wanted the same thing so it was worth it haha. Looked like they were playing pretty hard too, P.K. almost got injured on a blocked shot, he was rolling around and skated off kinda slow but he looked okay in the dressing room. But yeah definitely check it out, it was well worth it. That same buddy of mine said apparently its a gym that they all work out at which is called the Athlete Training Centre in Oakville and then they all go there at 6:00 pm.

It could've been worse for PK. He could've injured himself eating pancakes.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It could've been worse for PK. He could've injured himself eating pancakes.

Haha. P.K. and his bros were cool. But Clarkson was a really nice guy, he said he used to play at that arena when he was a kid and that he grew up in my area. I was gonna bring up how I was at the Sabres-Leafs pre-season brawl but that proooobably wouldn't have been a good idea hahaha :P

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
Count me in the group that's 5 minutes from Vic's. First time I ever played hockey was way back with that Streetsville Tigers program. I might head there next Wednesday to check it out. Thanks for the info!

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Count me in the group that's 5 minutes from Vic's. First time I ever played hockey was way back with that Streetsville Tigers program. I might head there next Wednesday to check it out. Thanks for the info!

Haha nice man, I played there for like 11 or 12 years as a kid and started there too playing just houseleague. Also some random kid told me (don't know if this is true or not) that apparently its like a 7 game series or something they're doing but I think Nick or Brett Richie told me when I asked him about that they just go every week so if they're not there next wednesday for some reason then don't kill me...I'll be going back myself though haha

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
I would like to start by saying nice thread. You delivered. With that being said, that's an odd mix of players. A lot of young guys.....and Clarkson.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I would like to start by saying nice thread. You delivered. With that being said, that's an odd mix of players. A lot of young guys.....and Clarkson.

Haha thanks dude, I just figured it would be cool to let people know and didn't wanna be greedy by hiding it. But yeah it was a weird mix of players but a lot of them grew up in Mississauga or in the GTA though. I noticed you're in Vancouver and now that I think about it there was a Canuck there too. Not sure who but I think Shawn Matthias because I just looked at the Canucks' roster and he's from Mississauga so it was probably him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Very interesting mix of players, i'm sure there are slight roster variations every week too.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I saw some stars in my area last night too... it wasn't cloudy at all! ;)

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
That's pretty cool. I would imagine just a bunch of local guys playing some hi tempo pick up.

I know a lot of the Windsor area guys (pros, jrs) skate together in the summer - not sure when or where now.

Quite a while back now, the summer pick up group I played with, skated the hour after a group including Aaron Ward, Jovanovski (and his brother), Boughner, and others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad