News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I think he wants to explain his side, probably apologize to his teammates and the city of Winnipeg. Hopefully everyone will stop crucifying him.

The only downside is Overhardt possibly dictating what Trouba's answers should be.

Trouba has seen the way people reacted to the Kane situation. He probably doesn't want that treatment.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I think he wants to explain his side, probably apologize to his teammates and the city of Winnipeg. Hopefully everyone will stop crucifying him.

The only downside is Overhardt possibly dictating what Trouba's answers should be.

Poor Jacob getting offered millions and millions of dollars to play a sport but it's not on the side he wants to play lol.... Fans are so mean to poor players

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Someone needs to ask him flat out whether he'd accept a trade to Edmonton or Calgary. If someone has a Twitter account, please suggest that to them.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A very strange strategy indeed. Almost makes you wonder if there's a bit of a rift between him and his agent. Trouba not handling the fallout well?
This interview might get nixed by tomorrow, which would only add to the drama.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
A ot of RH defenceman play on the left side.
Wasn't one being the great Bobby Orr?

There is a well documented negative impact on defenders playing on their offhand.

It hurts in shot differentials (therefor goal differentials) and 5v5 scoring (helps on PP scoring since you get time to set up one timers though). Both those things hurt earnings.

Justified or right, Trouba's usage has likely hurt his earnings.

Since your talking about this:
Bobby Orr was a left handed D-man who played the right side as were,
Brad Park, and Ray Bourque.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

His answers were different two weeks ago. Maybe he's changed his mind again.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Everything just seems so weird. Trouba (& his camp) seem to be behaving very erratically.

His agent is a weirdo though. Look how he handled the Drouin situation. He definitely isn't a normal agent.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Because I think the real answer is "no", and the Jets might need to call him out for saying it's all about playing time and role. Get him on record saying he'd be okay to go any where he could play more RD.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Good for him, let's see what he has to say.

It's certainly something we haven't seen before. It's new to Overhardt's playbook, but I'm not sure what it will accomplish. It probably won't get him traded any faster.

ComplexChris

#RideTheLAINE
Feb 27, 2014
Lainepeg
For those who missed it, Lawless just announced that Trouba is not gonna do the interview tomorrow anymore but instead Overhardt will.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's of my opinion we'll see stuff like this more, due to power being taken away from kids by the union and management, yet research showing prime is 24-26.

Yeah I have a feeling the big paydays are going to be coming sooner and then the guys will get less money in their later years.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
A very strange strategy indeed. Almost makes you wonder if there's a bit of a rift between him and his agent. Trouba not handling the fallout well?
This interview might get nixed by tomorrow, which would only add to the drama.

Called it! That didn't take long. There's a power struggle going on here.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Seems like Jacob heard what was said by his teammates and started having second thoughts.

He decided on his own to go on H&L tomorrow.

His agent found out and nixed it.

Definitely looks like Trouba and his agent are not on the same page.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It's of my opinion we'll see stuff like this more, due to power being taken away from kids by the union and management, yet research showing prime is 24-26.

The CBA isn't going away. It also gives other marginal players an amzing living.

Trouba is part of the union as are the other young players. It's a democracy. They have the power to change the priorities of the union if enough feel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia