News Article: Sportsnet: Trouba Requests Trade - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Continued from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2129023

Some previous posts:

Value always changes with markets. Seems defence is at high for now.

I don't understand if he is calling these gm's everyday looking to trade trouba how does saying i see him in our long term future in the press increase his leverage with the gm's. regardless 6 months, the draft,free agency his game plan is to force trouba to sign on dec1.

And if that fails, you claim that he hasn't entertained the idea to trade Trouba?

That's my point. If Chevy hasn't even thought about trading Trouba, he's not exploring all his options, and he should step down as a GM.

Well we do know that he waited it out with Kane. I think he hopes these guys change their minds.

Wasn't it reported earlier that every inquiry for Trouba has Chevy asking for a comparable age/talent LHD? Chevy's asking price remains high as it should.

Overhardt can go suck an egg. *******.

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
Here's the Werenski in a Jets jersey request from the first thread. :)

dfg_zpse4nwbqco.png
[/URL][/IMG]

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Speculation just for fun. That FP article causes me to think the following.

1. Overhart is full of crap - this is absolutely about money. He is throwing a negotiation tantrum, because Chevy has refused to give them the number they want.

2. If you really want to be traded, you don't lower your value and the Jet's ability to get a fair return by going public. This stunt makes it HARDER to trade Trouba, not easier.

3. So the real play here from the Trouba side is, "pay me more, cause now you have no real alternative". Which might get them a little more cash, or it could very well lead to Trouba rotting with a non-existent pay cheque for a while.

4. So sometime before December, Trouba signs with the Jets. Likely after the Jets stay stubborn long enough, to tell everyone else to not try this tactic again.

And many pixels get wasted on speculating on a trade that will never happen.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Speculation just for fun. That FP article causes me to think the following.

(Snip some good speculation)

And many pixels get wasted on speculating on a trade that will never happen.

Well thought out speculation. The classic "unstoppable force meets an immovable object" - Overhardt is probably frustrated, and chose the start of TC (when Trouba would not be allowed to report) to throw a tantrum.

I think it's going to backfire on him, but I do believe that Trouba will eventually be the casualty - can't see him continuing with the Jets even if this gets resolved. He'll get traded after signing.

Saidin

Mar 18, 2015
How does Trouba compare fancy stat wise to some of the other big LH D?

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
He can request a trade. No argument there. Whether he doesn't like the Peg for whatever reason, or he just doesn't fit in with his team mates, or he wants to play on his natural side - the real reason doesn't matter.

The Jets should just sit his ass out until there is a trade that makes sense for the Jets. Doesn't matter how long it takes. That's the consequence of requesting a trade and not reporting to training camp. Give Trouba a few months with no paycheck and watching Hockey Night In Canada while the world goes on without him, and he will realize what an idiot he and his agent is. Not that he will ever admit it.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
He can request a trade. No argument there. Whether he doesn't like the Peg for whatever reason, or he just doesn't fit in with his team mates, or he wants to play on his natural side - the real reason doesn't matter.

The Jets should just sit his ass out until there is a trade that makes sense for the Jets. Doesn't matter how long it takes. That's the consequence of requesting a trade and not reporting to training camp. Give Trouba a few months with no paycheck and watching Hockey Night In Canada while the world goes on without him, and he will realize what an idiot he and his agent is. Not that he will ever admit it.

Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Obviously has to be weighed against his potentially losing value over time, but agreed. We're in no tremendous rush to trade him, and if he has to wait for a few months... Well, I can only speak for myself, but I sure miss those $200,000 biweekly paychecks that ps241 was talking about in the last thread.

Longer he sits the less he is worth.
Bitterness approach doesn't work here

I don't see that as a bitterness approach. It's a simple statement being made. The Jets don't need to trade him immediately if there is no good trade to be made immediately. If it takes a few months to work out a trade, so be it.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Or the Jets have many injuries on D, Trouba signs and plays, and the Jets get through a few rounds of the playoffs and all of a sudden he loves it here. Oh wait, that can't happen, oh wait it did, in Tampa with Drouin. But really Im just kidding around, his parents want his brand in the States, so lets trade him to somewhere in Canada :yo:
This will take a while.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not necessarily.
A team loses a top 4 RHD and all of a sudden his value goes up to that team.
It's tough to say how waiting will affect his value.

Or a team who leaves a spot open for a prospect (us with Morrissey for example) and that prospect can't handle it, opens up another spot.

I think it will take a few weeks into the season at the earliest for a trade to go through as teams see what they have at defense.

I can't imagine his value would be as good if we're still talking about this in February though.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not necessarily.
A team loses a top 4 RHD and all of a sudden his value goes up to that team.
It's tough to say how waiting will affect his value.

I don't think his value will go down. Good players are always coveted. Much like Drouin tho, he won't get moved cause the asking price may be high (which it should be), not because there is no interest.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Please please please Chevy make him miss at least a few pay checks!!! I know it won't make any difference to him but it will make me feel better lol

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Why would Chevy trade without first signing him to a contract? His value is way higher with even a 2 year bridge deal in place! Chevy won't blink.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
A ot of RH defenceman play on the left side.
Wasn't one being the great Bobby Orr?

Things have changed significantly though. Teams are putting a lot more stock into playing guys on their handedness side these days. It's an advantage. I think any defencemen who is more of a rover, like Orr was, could probably very easily make do on either side.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why would Chevy trade without first signing him to a contract? His value is way higher with even a 2 year bridge deal in place! Chevy won't blink.

My guess is any team that acquires him will likely have a deal worked out before hand. They are free to negotiate right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad