Sportsnet: Sportsnet 650 ' Canucks listening to offers on Virtanen'

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Stop being a homer. I watch edmonton consistently and there’s no way Jones is top 4. On a team starved for defence you’d think you’d keep him and not send him down if he’s a top 4 dman no? :laugh:
I see no reason to leave him on the roster right now given the mess Chiarelli has our defence in. He will be a top 4 defenceman soon, but is better served by being in the minors right now. This season is a write off and our RD/LD mix is all wrong right now. Let’s give a capable GM time to fix this and I am sure Jones will be done seasoning in the minors in time for the spot to open up.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I see no reason to leave him on the roster right now given the mess Chiarelli has our defence in. He will be a top 4 defenceman soon, but is better served by being in the minors right now. This season is a write off and our RD/LD mix is all wrong right now. Let’s give a capable GM time to fix this and I am sure Jones will be done seasoning in the minors in time for the spot to open up.
Sure but he’s proven nothing to this point that proves he’s a sure fire top 4 dman.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
This is dumb.. nevermind his progresaion, virtanen has been a huge part of the teams physical and teamwork growth

They have something nice growing naturally being led by a heart on your sleeve hard working coach

Leave it alone.. dump pouliot and capitalize on any value that is there from goldobin and sit down

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I will be sad if we lose Virtanen, as I don't think he's reached his full potential yet. But if we could get a young d-man with a similar upside, I might be okay with it.

Actually, nah. Even if his scoring doesn't materialize, his physicality, speed and defense are not pieces that the team has in abundance if he were gone. It would have to be an overpayment to make me happy, and I don't think Jimbo is capable of fleecing other GM's.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
before anyone starts making offers of their teams spare parts, try this exercise. What piece will kind of sting if your GM traded away that player?

Remember both sides have to feel like they gave up something in a trade.

Matt Grzelcyk. Pain but Benning has a real solid knowledge of the Bruins prospects. Lauzon would be overpayment but that would sting as well like you suggested.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Jake is finally on a nice trajectory, though he still has games where he's too passive. That said he's the type of guy who can turn it up in the playoffs and be a disruptive force. I think he'll continue to develop over the next few years and improve into a solid middle-6 power forward type threat. For a team like the Canucks that's a valuable asset.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Jake is finally on a nice trajectory, though he still has games where he's too passive. That said he's the type of guy who can turn it up in the playoffs and be a disruptive force. I think he'll continue to develop over the next few years and improve into a solid middle-6 power forward type threat. For a team like the Canucks that's a valuable asset.
Spot on description as to why he should stay

Pettersson/boeser and horvat/virtanen sounds pretty damn good for a foundation

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
I’d be choked if they traded him unless it was a big overpayment. One of the most likeable players we have, I’d rather just stick it out with him even if it means his value eventually completely diminishes.

Move anyone not named Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat, Virtanen, or Demko. Wouldn’t be sad to see everyone/anyone else go.

Reactions: Mergatroidskittle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad