Sportsnet: Sportsnet 650 ' Canucks listening to offers on Virtanen'

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
I want Bowey...

What about a deal around Virtanen and Goldobin for Burakosky and Bowey
This is pure trash! Downgrading every part of the roster for more expensive 3” taller Granlund and a guy who was drafted like the same year as Jake and still hasn’t established himself as an NHL regular

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Never seen a more mediocre player have perceived value on this board. A tottaly replaceable player.
That’s a pretty serious accusation when considering the overvaluing of your own teams prospects like Daniel Sprong over the last few years.
Hell, even Maata get over valued like crazy on this board still. The guy skates like he’s got bricks on his feet, wooden planks for legs and no bendable joints.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
I hope the Canucks aren’t dumb enough to trade Virtanen. He would thrive on a team that plays uptempo with more pace. Jake’s aggressive, lighting fast, hits hard, and has a great shot. Offensively he’s still inconsistent, however he may get 20 goals this year and has improved. He should end up being a consistent 20 goal scorer that plays the right way; hard fast & heavy, the type of player teams hate to play against. He’s not going to be the 30+ goal scorer that fans were hoping for, but is still a very effective player.

Ukrussian

Jan 26, 2019
Sportsnet 650 Vancouver show Rintoul and Walker just reported that they have been told that the Canucks are not actively shopping Virtanen but due to numerous interest from teams, they are listening to offers on Jake Virtanen.

They also speculated that should the Canucks move on from Virtanen, the asking return and their #1 goal is to improve and re-vamp the defence.

Virtanen is a young fast, heavy on the body player who has taken a massive step this year. His offensive game is still raw and inconsistent but his 2way 200ft game has developed and florusihed.

I dont know if anyone has proposed this possible trade, I'm new to this conversation.
But how about a 1 for 1 trade with Edmonton, Lucic for Eriksson?
It's a win win for each club. The same salary trade, and each team gets to wipe their hands clean of the bad signing.
Vancouver gets a tough, hometown forward, and Edmonton gets a possible puzzle piece for their problem.
I know it's a inter divisional trade, but, its the best way to move an immovable contract, and get a new chance....

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Jones is a whipping boy on the Oiler board and this guy coming in here trying to make him sound like a top 4 dman.

PASSSSSSSSS

Although utica has tons of injuries right now. Id do Granlund for Jones then send Jones to the AHL ans help that Dcore.

Allows Goldobin to get back in the lineup too

Jones is no whipping boy . With in 2 years he will be better then Nurse . Jones is not available . Keep your 3rd liner ! Thank god Chia is fired .

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Friedman already reported that Van rejected offers from Edm.

Caleb Jones can stay in your top 4

Lets move on. Van isnt interested.
LOL . Learn to read better . How do you get Edmonton made an offer from Friedman saying Edmonton had interest in the past

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As an Oiler fan what would you say is the very least you would give up for Puljujarvi??

Virtanen is just as high of a draft pick and has proven himself waay more than Puljujarvi and plays a style that a lot of playoff teams look for.

So whatever it is you would accept for Puljujarvi then multiply by 2 as to what Vancouver would want for Virtanen.

If youd do Puljujarvi for Caleb Jones then i have a nickel to sell you for a dollar.

Well according to fans Puljujarvi is a bust and worth a forth round pick . So 2 4th round picks .

As for the Jones comments revisit this in a few years

Ukrussian

Jan 26, 2019
Nice? Regardless. Jones doesnt beat anyone out in our top 4. So were not moving a valuable asset for him.

Out of all the offers in this thread he probably moves the needle the least.

I like the other offers waay better, Zadorov Pionk Hagg even Honka.

Lucic for Eriksson. Straight trade.
It's a win/win for both teams.
The contracts are the same, and both players get a new life to prove they're worth it.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Let’s look at the rumour . Edmonton had interest in the past . Who was th GM ? Chia and his MO is adding 3rd liners . Which you can see by looking at his past trades . So yeah . I would also pump the brakes on Virtanen”s value . Let see him keep up his current pace up for a few years . A warm 1/2 a season 12 years after being drafted is nothing to write home about . And yes I know he is wasn’t draft 12 years ago

gianni

Apr 8, 2014
The contracts are the same, and both players get a new life to prove they're worth it.

Pass. Cap hits are the same, but actual dollar amount & contract length are different.
After July 1st, Milan Lucic is still owed 16 million dollars over 4 years in actual salary; Loui Eriksson is owed 9 million over 3 years. Eriksson's contract may actually be moveable to a cap floor team after July 1st.

Ukrussian

Jan 26, 2019
Pass. Cap hits are the same, but actual dollar amount & contract length are different.
After July 1st, Milan Lucic is still owed 16 million dollars over 4 years in actual salary; Loui Eriksson is owed 9 million over 3 years. Eriksson's contract may actually be moveable to a cap floor team after July 1st.

Close enough for two underperforming players.

Cquant

May 14, 2015

Loui may be overpaid and definitely not worth his contract, but he still plays a good defensive game and he can still skate decently well. Lucic is strugglying with the speed of the game, and has a slightly worse contract. Any trade between Lucic and Eriksson will involve a plus from Edmonton. I don't see how any team would take on any of those contracts honestly. Even bad contract for bad contract as a basis of a deal.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
That’s a pretty serious accusation when considering the overvaluing of your own teams prospects like Daniel Sprong over the last few years.
Hell, even Maata get over valued like crazy on this board still. The guy skates like he’s got bricks on his feet, wooden planks for legs and no bendable joints.

Cool story.

member 290103

Let’s look at the rumour . Edmonton had interest in the past . Who was th GM ? Chia and his MO is adding 3rd liners . Which you can see by looking at his past trades . So yeah . I would also pump the brakes on Virtanen”s value . Let see him keep up his current pace up for a few years . A warm 1/2 a season 12 years after being drafted is nothing to write home about . And yes I know he is wasn’t draft 12 years ago

Lol. I am just saying that Jones is not the super fantastic happy prospect you make him out to be. If he was Chia would have had him in the lineup.

member 290103

Don’t want Lucic in Vancouver. All he does is disparage it. Now that he needs a home he can f*** off to some hockey purgatory like Phoenix and live out his remaining days playing meaningless hockey in front of fans that don’t know who he is.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
My 2 cents is Toronto should be all over this, Virtanen is exactly what they need in the bottom 6

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
My 2 cents is Toronto should be all over this, Virtanen is exactly what they need in the bottom 6
More forwards? Yes, that should help the defense. Last game we ran a 3rd line of Nylander/Kadri/Moore....we're pretty set at forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad