Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I bet Jumbo would make for a good interview if he hasn't been on there already
He went on Roenick's pod back when that was a thing, and I think he said he doesn't like doing big interviews as a player.

I'd love to hear Douglas Murray on there. I think he was a central figure in the sharks social life

sharkbyte

May 10, 2020
Orange, CA
100%. I know he's a pretty laid back, funny guy anyways but it'd be great if he went on just after retirement and completely let loose.

Yeah Jumbo has to have some amazing stories given he's been in the league for 22 years, plus his personality and how beloved he is in the locker room. I'd also really like to know what he thinks of his Boston years now after a lot of time has passed.

He went on Roenick's pod back when that was a thing, and I think he said he doesn't like doing big interviews as a player.

I'd love to hear Douglas Murray on there. I think he was a central figure in the sharks social life

Murray would be great. He was always hilarious in those quick quizzes Drew Remenda would do. I think he and Clowe or Setoguchi probably would have good stories from Sharks teams of 10 years ago

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah Jumbo has to have some amazing stories given he's been in the league for 22 years, plus his personality and how beloved he is in the locker room. I'd also really like to know what he thinks of his Boston years now after a lot of time has passed.

Murray would be great. He was always hilarious in those quick quizzes Drew Remenda would do. I think he and Clowe or Setoguchi probably would have good stories from Sharks teams of 10 years ago

I mean, when the boys call you "crankshaft", you've probably seen a thing or two.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
I find the basketball and football players(especially the stars) are more polished with interviews and showing personality because they’ve been dealing with it a lot longer. Some guys will have multiple reporters everyday in high school. Not the same in hockey.

While that was a big problem with this one they had him in person at the all star game and it wasn’t much better(if at all).
Good point, might be true.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Jesus I get they're friends but can we cool it with the Kevin Hayes interviews
He’s not really repeating any stories so it’s not like it’s old material. Plus, he’s a hell of a lot funnier than 80% of their other interviewees.

I mean, they did a 15-20 minutes “interview” with one of the better personalities in the NHL during a time of no NHL news and people still complain. Unreal.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Jesus I get they're friends but can we cool it with the Kevin Hayes interviews

Came here to post this :laugh:

SC tho isn't really an "interview" in the way traditional interviews are. Its more just the boys shooting the crap and throwing out party stories.

Like if Friedman or someone interview Thornton, it would be completely different than a Chiclets one.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Anyone else notice how Biz has been really complementary and quick to shut down any potential conflict lately? It’s interesting- as the podcast had gotten bigger it feels like they’ve become a bit more self-aware.. not that they ever woulda said the wrong thing themselves, but I feel like Roenick has gotta stay in your head just a bit.. and with Biz it also feels like he’s happy about his girl, maybe maturing a bit, so now it’s all just positive which is kinda cool.. but when Whitney disagrees with you on MJ, dear lord my guy, back up your opinion and chirp that man. Biz seems like he’s in a good place, good for him- But his good mood is bullshit, argue on the podcast for my entertainment goddammit.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Jumbo would definitely be good. I think Whitney and Biz have reached out and in the past they mentioned he won't come on until he retires.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Anyone else notice how Biz has been really complementary and quick to shut down any potential conflict lately? It’s interesting- as the podcast had gotten bigger it feels like they’ve become a bit more self-aware.. not that they ever woulda said the wrong thing themselves, but I feel like Roenick has gotta stay in your head just a bit.. and with Biz it also feels like he’s happy about his girl, maybe maturing a bit, so now it’s all just positive which is kinda cool.. but when Whitney disagrees with you on MJ, dear lord my guy, back up your opinion and chirp that man. Biz seems like he’s in a good place, good for him- But his good mood is bullshit, argue on the podcast for my entertainment goddammit.

I think you're looking a bit too hard into that one. He circled back to the whole Ozark vs Breaking Bad thing for like 4 episodes in a row.

Grandma

Oct 23, 2017
I need more Foley/Yandle collabs. The stories from anything that happens between those two have me rolling each and every time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

Biz is okay. He just needs to stop interrupting guests as much as he does. His "kill", and "stroking off" comments are a bit cringy, but not a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: sabresEH

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
I thought the Lucic interview was a good one. Really liked Lucic’s personality, I wrongly assumed he would be pretty arrogant.

Curtiss Patrick was great as well, loved the quick John Brophy story looking forward to hearing some more.

McFarms85

Apr 11, 2020
You're really making it sound like players can't show personality without racism, sexism or bigotry.

Are you suggesting all players have those things in their makeup and that it would only be a matter of time for them to slip up?

There was no "racism, sexism or bigotry", it's just a small portion of the always offended twitter brigade that needs to find something to be upset about. It's not about what was said, it's who said it. You don't like those guys, so therefore you must bury them.

Pat Kane physically assaulted another human, and faced ZERO discipline from Chicago or the league. But hey, good thing Jeremy Roenick lost his job because he compliments the attractiveness of his co-workers.

Guaranteed if a player you don't like went on and talked about how bad of a teammate someone like PK Subban was, you'd call him a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad