Spittin Chiclets Podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Anyone else notice how Biz has been really complementary and quick to shut down any potential conflict lately? It’s interesting- as the podcast had gotten bigger it feels like they’ve become a bit more self-aware.. not that they ever woulda said the wrong thing themselves, but I feel like Roenick has gotta stay in your head just a bit.. and with Biz it also feels like he’s happy about his girl, maybe maturing a bit, so now it’s all just positive which is kinda cool.. but when Whitney disagrees with you on MJ, dear lord my guy, back up your opinion and chirp that man. Biz seems like he’s in a good place, good for him- But his good mood is bullshit, argue on the podcast for my entertainment goddammit.

Whit reminds me of that drunk guy at a party who will start an argument with you (over like sports or something) and just be so damn loud + obnoxious of of nowhere. Like your debating say Bird vs Magic with a buddy, he overhears and throws in his opinion and thinks its Scripture.

Last edited:
Reactions: IlikeEich

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Whit remind me of that drunk guy at a party who will start an argument with you (over like sports or something) and just be so damn loud + obnoxious of of nowhere. Like your debating say Bird vs Magic with a buddy, he overhears and throws in his opinion and thinks its Scripture.
I didn't think that conversation came across like anything close to that.

McFarms85

Apr 11, 2020
Listened to the McDavid interview today, and have no idea why people were complaining about it. He's not a charismatic guy like some other guests, or the hosts, but I thought it was pretty good, as they all were throwing chirps at each other and having a good laugh. I also think it's clear the phone interviews aren't as good as the "live" interviews. I'm sure they'll get McDavid back on again for a live talk, and he'll open up a bit more.

The joke that he didn't believe he broke his hand on the glass in his fight when he played with Erie showed he's got some personality, and it will come out eventually

Anybody know when RA appears in The Town?

I haven't gone back to re-watch after learning he was in it, but I believe he said he plays the part of the line cook at a restaurant. I assume, based off memory, and his comments about Jon Hamm's professionalism, it was when Hamm's character first made contact with Blake Lively's character and tried to get her to turn; 3/4 of the way through. RA looks like a greasy line cook from Charlestown, so it fits my sterotypes

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Listened to the McDavid interview today, and have no idea why people were complaining about it. He's not a charismatic guy like some other guests, or the hosts, but I thought it was pretty good, as they all were throwing chirps at each other and having a good laugh. I also think it's clear the phone interviews aren't as good as the "live" interviews. I'm sure they'll get McDavid back on again for a live talk, and he'll open up a bit more.

The joke that he didn't believe he broke his hand on the glass in his fight when he played with Erie showed he's got some personality, and it will come out eventually

Yea not sure why people complain about his personality. Dude was driving cross country and still had some pep. It was also clear his tone changed when he was asked a question about resuming and he got a robot-y.

Reactions: mantha39

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Roenick has always been super f***ing lame. He is the textbook guy who thinks he is entertaining, and talks alot so can fool some people, but when you actually listen to him you realize he has zero charisma and a completely useless sense of humor.

He is the kind of guy (not even kinda, he just is) who thinks 70's dancing, lip syncing, and talking about having sex with women you work with, is funny. Its huge boomer energy.

Reactions: Voight and McDreamy

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
Roenick has always been super f***ing lame. He is the textbook guy who thinks he is entertaining, and talks alot so can fool some people, but when you actually listen to him you realize he has zero charisma and a completely useless sense of humor.

He is the kind of guy (not even kinda, he just is) who thinks 70's dancing, lip syncing, and talking about having sex with women you work with, is funny. Its huge boomer energy.

like, I agree with you but when was the last time they talked about Roenick on the pod lol

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yea not sure why people complain about his personality. Dude was driving cross country and still had some pep. It was also clear his tone changed when he was asked a question about resuming and he got a robot-y.
His eyes look more alive in NHL 20

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Who cares. Don’t like it, then avoid it. Not sure why it’s hard these days to do so.

I avoided parts of the Lucic interview about 2011. It was very easy to do so.

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009

I bought his book for $2 out of some bargain bin somewhere. I made it through about 30% of it before I couldn't take anymore. The guy is just completely unlikeable.

Reactions: Pilky01

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Anyone else notice how Biz has been really complementary and quick to shut down any potential conflict lately? It’s interesting- as the podcast had gotten bigger it feels like they’ve become a bit more self-aware.. not that they ever woulda said the wrong thing themselves, but I feel like Roenick has gotta stay in your head just a bit.. and with Biz it also feels like he’s happy about his girl, maybe maturing a bit, so now it’s all just positive which is kinda cool.. but when Whitney disagrees with you on MJ, dear lord my guy, back up your opinion and chirp that man. Biz seems like he’s in a good place, good for him- But his good mood is bullshit, argue on the podcast for my entertainment goddammit.

Whitney used to be a real jerk to RA. He used to pick on RA a lot (that's how it felt to me) the same way he jumped on him in the last episode when RA asked Colin Fraser about what kind of a person Kopitar was. I would say maybe for the last 4-5months or so, Whitney has been a lot kinder to RA. I find Whitney is the kind of guy that would throw his friends under the bus if it made him look cool in front of the cool kids. He used to do it to Biz a lot too when there were some big-time guests. You can see it a lot in the sandbagger invitational video when him and Biz played Crosby and MacKinnon. Biz was on his team but Whitney was dogging him in front of Crosby and MacKinnon the entire time.

Reactions: IlikeEich

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Whitney used to be a real jerk to RA. He used to pick on RA a lot (that's how it felt to me) the same way he jumped on him in the last episode when RA asked Colin Fraser about what kind of a person Kopitar was. I would say maybe for the last 4-5months or so, Whitney has been a lot kinder to RA. I find Whitney is the kind of guy that would throw his friends under the bus if it made him look cool in front of the cool kids. He used to do it to Biz a lot too when there were some big-time guests. You can see it a lot in the sandbagger invitational video when him and Biz played Crosby and MacKinnon. Biz was on his team but Whitney was dogging him in front of Crosby and MacKinnon the entire time.

Whitney is definitely not a guy who would throw his friends under the bus to look cool; he's very self-deprecating and uses that to "look cool". If he did, it would probably be in jest. Him razzing Biz and RA is just his humor. Clearly the guys don't take offense to it because they know it's just joking around.

On top of all of that, these guys are there to create content and entertain listeners. Their ability to rip on each other and take it back is a big piece of why the show is funny. I'm not sure how you can listen to this pod and think one of them is a jerk to the others....

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Whit played with Crosby (in case you weren't aware), leave him alone :sarcasm:

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018

He fits right in at NBC. They should bring him back. NBC already treats their viewers like morons who know nothing about hockey.

Pierre is the absolute worst of all reporters / media personnel / commentators of all time. Having Roenick there just fits the mood. They suck together.

When Mike Milbury is by far the best one they have, the others have to suck, hard.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
RA is such a loser tho, and I think the funniest part of that podcast is just listening to ra say something super cringey and weird and just knowing that Whitney is biting his tongue trying to be a nice guy but every now and then Whitney snaps and puts ra in his place. Not to mention hes a complete conversation killer during the interview whit and biz we’ll be buzzing and flowing with guest and then RA interrupts with some obscure pop culture reference only he gets. Smh

Could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad