Speculation: Spezza Thread Part IV - Let This End Today Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I dont think the situation between Spezza and the Sens is quite as toxic as some are making it out to be... The way Murray has stated on numerous occasions that he wont give him away and he may have to come back leads me to believe the option is somewhat there...

There are 2/3 of the league not on the list... There is a deal to be had somewhere... If there isnt, then maybe Spezza's camp will budge... I think Nashville is a great fit personally

Nashville is a great fit. With Lavs as the new coach and a new offensive attitude he's going to bring tot eh organization, the one thing they desperately need is a guy who can put up those points.

I can also see Spezza flourishing in Florida, Dallas, Phoenix (sorry Yotes, but your centers still suck), NYR, Columbus...even Minnesota.

Plenty of options out there.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tampa just dumped Purcell onto Edmonton for Gagner, then dumped Gagner onto Phoenix for nothing more than cap space.

They're getting ready to add SOMEONE.

Ok. I got that part. Who is the someone? That's the only part of the story I'm missing.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Since Spezza and his agent aren't speaking about why he wants to go they leave it to the media and fans to do their own sleuthing as to the possible reasons.

Here's another take:

All these years Spezza has been watching Alfredsson get the royal treatment in Ottawa.
"You don't feel like practicing Mr Alf. No worries we'll adjust our practices and put a plug in your spot as a placeholder while you rest on your tushie."
"You don't know if you'll be back" No problem take your time."
"What do you think of this rookie Mr Alf?" "Would you like us to trade for this guy Mr Alf?" " Whats your opinion on this or that Mr Alf?" "Whatever you want Mr Alf you are a god here so we will do whatever it takes to make the team revolve around you as the planets do around the sun"

Meanwhile Spezza watches the scene with green envy and great anticipation for the day when the great Alf will finally leave his elevated throne and he himself might hope to ascend to the lofty vacated position. Finally the day has arrived so Spezza thinks "My turn at last".......but first..... "What a screening process? There are others? Impossible! I'm the leader of this team now it's my turn. Hmmmm they are slow about giving me the crown? Why are they so slow deciding?" Then finally the announcement comes "The Alf is dead long live king Spezza!"

"I'm finally Captain!" he says to himself. "Now to exercise my new powers" "My back is a bit sore I think I'll take this practice off and rest up a bit" "Coach I'm taking today off to rest so put Stephane in my spot at practice" "MacLean answers back "I'm sure I'll find somebody to take your place while you rest but you will be resting for tomorrow's game too" "Tell me when your 100% and I'll consider putting you back in the lineup but I make no promises!" A day or so later Spezza says "I can play now" MacLean says "Ok I'll let you know after practice if your in" Later near game time ...... "ok you can play.... you're centering the 4th line tonight"

Spezza whispers to himself: "Oh... what? ... that's not how its supposed to work for the king...err... Captain of the team"!!!!!!...."First chance I get I'm out of here"

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Brian Lawton @brianlawton9
I am now hearing Boyle and Inginla as possible targets for @TBLightning in the UFA Mkt. Some vets to go with a strong group of young players

Two things to remember when reading this tweet:

1) Brian Lawton is not known for his credibility on these matters, and
2) Brian Lawton has a poor grasp of reality on matters such as these.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
meh....there's also such a thing as being too old to be a mentor to the kids. When you're looking for a vet to be a guidance and mentor as part of a leadership group, it really needs to be someone still at or near the top of their game. Not someone 2 years away from retirement.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
uh huh you can

you can see when someone quits on a play. Happened all the time last year

Watch out LittleD, MAK is young so he process information much faster than we do

I'm shocked that some of you think there's a chance Spezza re-signs after all this, but we're all entitled to our opinions.

I think it's gonna take at least a 5 year contract at his current salary or more... I dont know if it'll only be Spezza choosing not to put pen to paper on that, sens dont do that imo.

Remember, "all this" is basically in the speculation paranoia amongst fans, who are fueled by the media just doing their jobs.

"All this" not really is as dramatic for the real people involved, it's just part of the business, player/people come and go, teams move on.

prove [proov] Show IPA
verb (used with object), proved, proved or prov·en, prov·ing.

You're a great addition that this board desperately needs, from what I have seen so far. Facts/logical/rational people are welcome. :cheers:

===================================================

To me it's clear that Nashville has the best package and BM is trying to put some pressure on Spezza to accept and go there

As I'm writing that, I wonder how many people will have this figured out, or they'll just go blind bashing like they always do.

lol popcorn ready, let's do it

I don't want him to stay here. There will be a distraction in the locker room and we don't need distractions. There also the fact that spezza might not even be motivated to play at all next season. He might just float through the season waiting for a trade to happen

So you're saying playing for his last big contract (and tons of money $) will not be a motivation? lol

we're gonna get stuck with a ****** return like Kesler's because Spezza only wanted to go to a few teams

How is 20 teams out of 30 just "a few teams" :laugh:

Oh damn, the fun I have! I'm a bit late on all this, had a very busy weekend.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't think Spezza is going to Tampa as we could have used Gagne.....

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Would Stastny signing in St. Louis be a good thing for the Sens? That could force Spezza to be more open minded with his 2 favourites out. Open to teams willing to trade more than the Blues.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I don't know. I'm ok with Spezza not being traded and then re-sign here. From the looks of it, I would be in the minority with this view. Even after all that has been said, I don't think it would be such a big distraction if he stayed.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Would Stastny signing in St. Louis be a good thing for the Sens? That could force Spezza to be more open minded with his 2 favourites out. Open to teams willing to trade more than the Blues.

IMO, it depends.

I think Spezza's got his heart set on the Blues... if they get Stastny, he might be more open to other landing spots.

It's a double-edged sword though - taking the Blues out of the "Spezza auction" might bring the price down. Teams might realize they're only competing against 1 or 2 other teams, instead of 3 or 4 other teams, and lowball us.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don't know. I'm ok with Spezza not being traded and then re-sign here. From the looks of it, I would be in the minority with this view. Even after all that has been said, I don't think it would be such a big distraction if he stayed.

It's fine by me....as long as the deal is 4 years max.

We all know how fans are. He gets a game-winning goal or has a multi-goal night and all is forgiven.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
What would you guys want from Tampa?

Obviously Hedman and Drouin won't be going, much as I'd like. Would Palat be moveable? Johnson? Kucherov? Either of their firsts next year?

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Still dont see why Tampa Bay would be onto Spezza
Stamkos
Flippula
Johnson

They are set in center imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad