Speculation: Spezza Thread Part IV - Let This End Today Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
257_21cb9f_2562caa_oJ.jpg.thumb

*With a nod to Bonktastic for the links

May 11 - "The Senators have had mild interest from the St. Louis Blues and Anaheim Ducks in Spezza." - Garrioch

May 13 - Blues are "high on Jason Spezza's wish list" - Andy Strickland

June 11 - Spezza requests trade, Murray says he will oblige

June 12 - St. Louis Blues have "serious interest", putting together package "that would include Patrik Berglund". - AJ Jakubec

June 14 - Brad May said Spezza never asked to be traded, instead asked for "commitment from Ottawa"

June 14 - Spezza's "10 team Refusal List" includes all 4 Western Canadian teams. Unsure if Toronto or Montreal are on that list.

June 14 - Calgary rumoured to have made an offer of: Hudler, Backlund, possibly Wideman, and a combination of 2nd and 3rd round picks. - Garrioch

June 17 - Spezza's "No Trade" list apparently includes Florida, Columbus, Nashville, and the Islanders - Dreger

June 17 - Calgary GM Treliving claims that rumours of Flames making an offer for Spezza are "categorically false... That’s 100% fantasy island"

June 18 - "Told Jason spezza's number one choice for a trade is to the #stlblues. Word is he believes he's headed to either STL or ANA" - Strickland

June 19 - Murray says he has "two serious offers on the table" for Jason Spezza

June 19 - Murray said he will allow a team to talk to Spezza about an extension only after "a deal has been done" - Garrioch

June 23 - St. Louis GM Talks Trade in Advance of NHL Draft - Citizen

June 25 - Spezza's Popularity on the Rise as Draft Day Approaches - Garrioch

June 26 - Spezza Trade Talks Could Go Down to the Wire - Garrioch

June 26 - Murray Waiting For Better Offers - Warren

[NHL]626370[/NHL]

June 27

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch
Ryan Kesler gets out of the way which means St. Louis Blues can turn their focus to Spezza. #Sens

The Blues have been the most active bidder on Spezza. They went in to today having up the ante. #Sens

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 54s
#Sens GM Bryan Murray told Jason Spezza's camp today he's yet to receive an offer that satisfies Ottawa.

Andy Strickland @andystrickland
Spezza camp told Murray they would welcome an opportunity to speak with a club before a trade to talk contract options moving forward #sens

@renlavoietva: "I'm told OTT doesn't have a good offer on the table for Spezza. He won't be traded today if it doesn't change."

*mumble, mumble, gnashing of teeth.

Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Told that Ottawa insisted to the end in talks with Anaheim on 10th overall pick. Ducks went Kesler route instead

Bryan Murray and Stan Bowman just ended a long chat. They didn't shake hands. #Sens haven't heard what they want from anyone.

June 28 - Spezza Nixes Trade to Preds; shatters hopes that this ceaseless merry-go-round of poppycock will end any time soon. - Pierre LeBrun​

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Ugh.

Where here is to the whole summer on wondering whether Spezza is going to be traded or not. :shakehead

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm glad Murray is not letting the market try to influence Spezza's value rather he is influencing it.

Other GM's will start to realize how important a Spezza is and one will cave.

I also believe he is lying. One team offered a name yesterday that hasn't been mentioned as the draft nears, more teams will start making untouchables... touchables.

This will get done today or July 1st.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm glad Murray is not letting the market try to influence Spezza's value rather he is influencing it.

Other GM's will start to realize how important a Spezza is and one will cave.

I also believe he is lying. One team offered a name yesterday that hasn't been mentioned as the draft nears, more teams will start making untouchables... touchables.

This will get done today or July 1st.

Kinky.

This is for the best, I think. As long as it doesn't drag out until mid-summer, we're still in fine position. Gonna make tonight tough to stomach though.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't want Spezz traded at all so this is fantastic news!! Don't budge Murray.

Why? It would be really ****ing stupid to not trade Spezza

He is going to walk next summer if we don't trade him anyways. He has already stated he wants out. Might as well get assets back.

He is going to get traded whether you like it or not. It just depends on when he is going to be traded.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
@renlavoietva: "I'm told OTT doesn't have a good offer on the table for Spezza. He won't be traded today if it doesn't change."

*mumble, mumble, gnashing of teeth.

Everyone is just repeating the same thing since BM's 4 pm press conference yesterday.

I'm not expecting these guys to invent the news but for so called insiders who are plugged in all of these guys have too little to offer. Anyone could tweet and write what they put out. It's surprising they don't have a better handle on who the real active teams are in the Spezza game and who offered what and what was asked in return. First it was Blues and Ana then jumped to Nash and Col. One guy mentioned Florida and then 3-4 repeat that. Someone else said Chicago and again 3 -4 repeat that but everything is clouded in vagueness like they are taking turns inventing a rumor without substance and passing it down the line so they have something to tweet about. Eventually they'll brag how they named the right team. There is nothing we can sink our teeth into and argue about most of the names are just fan wishful thinking, inventions and suppositions.

One thing I wonder is if the Kessler offer was made for Spezza and whether BM nixed it.... stuff like that. I'm sure things like that could be leaked by now after the fact.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Why?

He is going to walk next summer if we don't trade him. Might as well get assets back.

If he has a big season and we're in contention he could very well stay.

Spezz has said MANY times that he wants to be part of a contender and likes Ottawa. He only wants to leave if we're re-building. If only Euge would spend some damn $$$ it would be a whole different story. I keep hearing we're going to re-sign Ryan so exactly why does Spezza want to leave again? Oh yeah, it's all the media spinning it....

Oct 10, 2010
I will be relieved if it doesn't get dealt tonight.

I don't want a pick in this years draft anyways. (unless elite choice)

Target next year or just forget about one all together.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Spezz has said MANY times that he wants to be part of a contender and likes Ottawa. He only wants to leave if we're re-building. If only Euge would spend some damn $$$ it would be a whole different story. I keep hearing we're going to re-sign Ryan so exactly why does Spezza want to leave again? Oh yeah, it's all the media spinning it....

Spezza wants to leave because the organization is not committed to winning now.

It is time to move on from Spezza.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1 min

Bryan Murray and Stan Bowman just ended a long chat. They didn't shake hands. #Sens haven't heard what they want from anyone.

Maybe they'll talk again

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun · 5m
Told that Ottawa insisted to the end in talks with Anaheim on 10th overall pick. Ducks went Kesler route instead

Wayne Scanlan @HockeyScanner · 7m
Pierre Dorion tells TSN1200: we're still talking. Being patient. Trying to get a 1st rounder. Otherwise, "we'll see where it goes." #spezza

Updates.

VortexDr

Jul 5, 2013

Rofl... Spezza fanboy inbound.... And once again a spezza fanboy brings up Melnyk....

Seriously Spezza is a waste of ****ing space and about the worst type of captain material one could want...
Hopefully the sens also lose all the blind people that suck spezza off at every opportunity, once he when he is traded.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Why? It would be really ****ing stupid to not trade Spezza

He is going to walk next summer if we don't trade him anyways. He has already stated he wants out. Might as well get assets back.

He is going to get traded whether you like it or not. It just depends on when he is going to be traded.

Because even if he doesn't want to be here, and will likely walk, us Spezza fans are FANS, we dont care if the return messes us up. Theres always something you got to throw away "the business" or "the future" for. When ever it came to Spezza I hold the mentality of me being 10 years old (when Spezza became my favourite senator ) at that age i would not care about a return i just cared about watching this guy score, I didn't even know what back-checking was, or how player assignments worked, all I knew was Spezza SCORED, and I didn't and still to some degree don't care about anything else. When it comes to Spezza id rather have one year of him over a lifetime of Crosby because of the FAN in me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad