Spezza out with groin injury

Carlos Danger*

We hear his groin is okay.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteLight*

Spezza gets a huge ''meh'' for his defensive play in 2011-12 as well. When Turris got here from Phoenix, he took a ton of pressure off Spezza defensively and the Sens started giving up 1 whole GA less per game. True story.

WhiteLight*

No reason to think for same reason Karlsson playing poorly(well just that one game) so is Spezza.

Spezza in first 5 games last year was dynamic in all aspects of the game. He was amazing to watch, especially on the pk!

I completely disagree about last year. I thought he was bad defensively then too.

You mean in the 2 games he's played? This fanbase sure likes to judge players on small sample sizes.

This year, this pre-season, last playoffs, last season and the Spengler Cup.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Spezza gets a huge ''meh'' for his defensive play in 2011-12 as well. When Turris got here from Phoenix, he took on ton of pressure off Spezza defensively and the Sens started giving up 1 whole GA less per game. True story.

:biglaugh:

In 2011/2012 he played some of the BEST defensive hockey of his career. But according to you he stopped being good at the end 2010/2011.

This year, this pre-season, last playoffs, last season and the Spengler Cup.

You're argument is based off of the preseason?????? :biglaugh: Last season in the first games he played he was VERY good defensively.

You mean after he came back from lengthy back surgery and placed into the fire of one of the best teams in the NHL at the time when the whole team sucked defensively? You mean then? Stop reaching with your arguments. You're either trolling or just plain stupid.

WhiteLight*

You're argument is based off of the preseason?????? :biglaugh: Last season in the first games he played he was VERY good defensively.

You mean after he came back from lengthy back surgery and placed into the fire of one of the best teams in the NHL at the time when the whole team sucked defensively? You mean then? Stop reaching with your arguments. You're either trolling or just plain stupid.

Relatively small sample size yes, but he wasn't that good in 2011-12 either like I said, and with all his injury woes I don't see him him getting back to a level where I would use the word ''good''.

WhiteLight*

He was +11 in 2011/2012, which was second highest of the top-5 scorers that year. FACT.

I don't think Stamkos and Giroux are good defensively either, it's a moot point.

Like I said, once Turris got here the Sens went from giving up something like 3.5 GA per game to like 2.5 GA.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Relatively small sample size yes, but he wasn't that good in 2011-12 either like I said, and with all his injury woes I don't see him him getting back to a level where I would use the word ''good''.

I'm not sure where everyone is getting all of these so-called "injury woes", "injury prone" blah blah blah. He missed the majority of last season, yes. But that's really the only lengthy time he's been out of the lineup. He's averaged 71 games a season since the 05 lockout less last year, and the year before last, he played 80 games. Man is he injury prone. He sucks. Trade him. :facepalm:

WhiteLight*

I'm not sure where everyone is getting all of these so-called "injury woes", "injury prone" blah blah blah. He missed the majority of last season, yes. But that's really the only lengthy time he's been out of the lineup. He's averaged 71 games a season since the 05 lockout less last year, and the year before last, he played 80 games. Man is he injury prone. He sucks. Trade him. :facepalm:

-He has recurring back and groin problems.
-An average of 71 is not that much when you take out his worst year.
-He plays injured

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
-He has recurring back and groin problems.
-An average of 71 is not that much when you take out his worst year.
-He plays injured

-First time he's ever had a groin problem. It's not serious. It's at the beginning of the season. It happens to a lot of players after not playing for a while. Stop making **** up.

-I have not included last season in ANY of my calculations for PPG, or avg games played for any player I've compared him to.

-No he doesn't. Not any more than any other player in the league.

STOP making stuff up. You and others are just making **** up to help your argument. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you're either trolling or just plain stupid.

WhiteLight*

-First time he's ever had a groin problem. It's not serious. It's at the beginning of the season. It happens to a lot of players after not playing for a while. Stop making **** up.

-I have not included last season in ANY of my calculations for PPG, or avg games played for any player I've compared him to.

-No he doesn't. Not any more than any other player in the league.

STOP making stuff up. You and others are just making **** up to help your argument. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: you're either trolling or just plain stupid.

-Not the first time, do your research

-So? My point is about 71 being deceiving. He is more injury prone than that, you can't just not include last year to make your point.

-He played injured this year. The first 5 games of the season last year, he WAS injured. It got worse and led to the surgery. There are more more examples of this.

WhiteLight*

11/15/2007 Missed 6 games (groin)
10/09/2010 Missed 1 game (groin)
0/30/2010 Missed 4 games (groin)

STOP accusing people of making things up. It's not our fault you're not well informed and can't identify good defensive play.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
That wasn't my point at all. What I was trying to say (indirectly) was that a groin injury is such a common injury that just because Spezza had a couple doesn't mean it's a nagging injury. It must be such a nagging injury that me missed 11 games in 3-4 years from it. Oh no! The horror :facepalm:

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
-Not the first time, do your research

-So? My point is about 71 being deceiving. He is more injury prone than that, you can't just not include last year to make your point.

-He played injured this year. The first 5 games of the season last year, he WAS injured. It got worse and led to the surgery. There are more more examples of this.

Doctors cleared him to play. You must know more than the doctors :facepalm:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
That wasn't my point at all. What I was trying to say (indirectly) was that a groin injury is such a common injury that just because Spezza had a couple doesn't mean it's a nagging injury. It must be such a nagging injury that me missed 11 games in 3-4 years from it. Oh no! The horror :facepalm:

11 games could be the difference between playoffs and not playoffs.

Although extremely smart, doctors aren't perfect.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The people who harp on Spezza want him to be something that he isn't, all the while expecting him to generate offense at near a point per game clip. They aren't willing to accept a loss in offense for him to back check more.

I think a lot of people want Spezza to be Steve Yzerman, and that just isn't going to happen. Spezza is paid to generate offense, that's what he does and that's what the Senators need him to do. As long as he isn't a liability in his own end, that's good enough.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
The people who harp on Spezza want him to be something that he isn't, all the while expecting him to generate offense at near a point per game clip. They aren't willing to accept a loss in offense for him to back check more.

I think a lot of people want Spezza to be Steve Yzerman, and that just isn't going to happen. Spezza is paid to generate offense, that's what he does and that's what the Senators need him to do. As long as he isn't a liability in his own end, that's good enough.

This. :handclap:

WhiteLight*

His back injury started in Switzerland. Just because he was cleared to play doesn't mean he wasn't injured.

I hereby tender my official approval of Spezza cutting offense for defense.

Bergeron > Spezza. I will gladly take less offense.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
His back injury started in Switzerland. Just because he was cleared to play doesn't mean he wasn't injured.

I hereby tender my official approval of Spezza cutting offense for defense.

Bergeron > Spezza. I will gladly take less offense.

Fantastic.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Don't bother arguing with MAK about Spezza's defensive play. I've argued enough with him to know that he isn't able to "identify a good defensive play".

The reality is that Spezza is decent defensively, one of the top 5 - 10 offensive players in the league, and is one of the best faceoff men in the league.

Spezza is a tier above Bergeron, and most other players. He is our best player and one of the best in the league. Fact. Should just quit with the arguing over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad