Spezza out with groin injury

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Ugh. I dont wanna over react incase its nothing serious but this is getting really annoying.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
You guys are way over exaggerating this. I did read that he can play, but he is taking it easy so he can be ready to play for the games that actually matter.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I like hearing "If I had to play, I would" Mac says the same thing "If he would have to play, wouldn't be an issue"

Nothing to worry about here folks... Yet...

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Wow, it's really weird to read the article referring to him as the captain.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Not a big deal since we don't play a game besides the split squad with the Islanders till Friday. He just has to stay off it for a while and make sure it doesn't get worse. Lots of time to heal up.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
With the way the news came about our injuries last year, God knows what his injury really could be about.

Who remembers last year?

"Spezza is out day-to-day(February)" "Oh he will be back before trade deadline for sure." "Spezza won't play this year at all."

Lol, but I do believe it's minor since he is actually skating.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I think Spezza is fine and they are using this to give Da Costa he spot light. They are really not worried about Spezza starting the season. This only gives Da Costa a chance to impress other teams.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not worried about the injury but worried about what it might mean. He'll be back but if he hurt himself during camp/preseason which isn't high intensity like the regular season then it's definitely not thw greatest of news

ErikNorrisson

Mar 22, 2012
didn't Spezza have a groin injury in 2006?

November 2007 Link

Also in the article:
ALFIE STANDS BY DEAL: Alfredsson, who at times this season has been the best player in the game, said he won't be asking for a raise after seeing his teammates cashing in big deals. "I'm very happy with what I'm making," he said (even if it is in those crappy US dollars now). "I've always said when you sign a contract you have to live up to it." Alfredsson will make less next year ($5.45 million) than Heatley ($10 million), Spezza ($8 million) and Fisher ($6 million). Alfredsson has three option years after next season at $3.8 million. Remember, Alfredsson got a 24% pay cut with the new CBA.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Hoping it is indeed groin as others pointed out and not a masquerade for an actual back-related injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad