Dreger: Speculation that Panarin asking price is just over $12 million a season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

Jan 22, 2007
Panarin cares more about money than he does in winning a cup.
I love Panarin but I agree with this. So far, Panarin has left every team he's played for over contract demands.

He has every right to do so, but it's clear that his MAIN motivation, before anything else, is money.

Some players prioritize winning first, Panarin doesn't. That said, Panarin works his can off and gives it 100% when he's on the ice. He's a baller. But, money and lifestyle rank higher than winning a Cup for him IMO.

Again, his right. But I would not be in favor of paying Panarin Connor McDavid money. The team that does well likely regret it within 4 years.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Fair enough point.

So yeah - I would argue that Panarin cares most about the money and the type of lifestyle that said city can offer, than about winning.
I'm pretty sure his signifigant other also plays a part here. Look at Trouba, not like he's going to have a better shot at the cup with the Rangers than Winnipeg at least in the short term.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm pretty sure his signifigant other also plays a part here. Look at Trouba, not like he's going to have a better shot at the cup with the Rangers than Winnipeg at least in the short term.

His girlfriend is the daughter of a prominent Russian hockey coach/figure Oleg Znarok. Her opinion matters.

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Can’t guarantee a cup no matter who you choose. And the odds are you aren’t winning one.

But you can guarantee a contract.

Reactions: Jag68Sid87

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Panarin is an outstanding offensive player. And a lazy and disengaged defensive player a lot of the time.

If some GM pays him $12 million per year, it will be more evidence of the need for a hard salary cap to protect the owners from themselves and from the people they hire.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Panarin is an outstanding offensive player. And a lazy and disengaged defensive player a lot of the time.

If some GM pays him $12 million per year, it will be more evidence of the need for a hard salary cap to protect the owners from themselves and from the people they hire.
We already have a hard salary cap.

Reactions: Monoliths

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Panarin has left every team he's played for over contract demands.

What are you talking about?

He was traded from Chicago, a city he signed an extension in and didn't want to leave, and ended up in Columbus, a city he didn't want to be in and has every right to walk away from.

Reactions: Seanaconda

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would pay to watch Panarin play. These are the types of players who should be paid the most.

Only 23 players win every year. Winning and getting contracts are two different things.

Every single player wants to win. They play to win the game (hi Herm).

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Hasn't Commodore actually been right with his scoops recently? Seems like he does have some legit sources. Maybe it's foolish, maybe I'm getting jebaited, but I'm kinda expecting the Isles to land those two now.

He was right about Stone, Fiala/Granlund and Nyqvist. However, he has been wrong even more times... I don’t think he is credible.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I love Panarin but I agree with this. So far, Panarin has left every team he's played for over contract demands.

He has every right to do so, but it's clear that his MAIN motivation, before anything else, is money.

Some players prioritize winning first, Panarin doesn't. That said, Panarin works his can off and gives it 100% when he's on the ice. He's a baller. But, money and lifestyle rank higher than winning a Cup for him IMO.

Again, his right. But I would not be in favor of paying Panarin Connor McDavid money. The team that does well likely regret it within 4 years.

I would say that is the case for just about every guy playing in the NHL. Once they get paid and progress into the later stages of their careers, they may look to join a team with the prospect of winning the Cup.

Reactions: Lilou

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
arent the jackets in the best position to offer him his demands ? i will laugh if he kind of windowshops himself on the market and in the end goes back to columbus.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Hasn't Commodore actually been right with his scoops recently? Seems like he does have some legit sources. Maybe it's foolish, maybe I'm getting jebaited, but I'm kinda expecting the Isles to land those two now.
Bobrovskiy and Sorokin is a silly strategy IMO. If I was the Isles I would only keep one of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad