[SPECULATION] Teams at the bottom of the standings could play for 1st overall pick (NHL B.O.G Meetings)

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Would you care to offer an explanation as to why you find it so unmerited, or are you just going to throw a judgement out there and then hide from any subsequent debate?

The best picks go to the worst teams, so that they may have the best odds of no longer being the worst teams.

It’s really really simple.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Seras

Dubas supporter
Sep 1, 2015
New Westminster, BC. Canada
I think the draft should start at #17th overall getting 1st pick down to 32nd overall then 1-16th overall for the last 16 picks.

This would make the teams that were close to being in the playoffs a push to being much better, it would discourage being a shit team while still giving you better picks than play off teams and if you just barely make the playoffs then you pick last.

Would force teams to try and make the play offs or die trying

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
NHL continues to be a joke and Bettman is Head Clown. Campbell not far behind.
I, too, enjoy it when circumstances make it look like I'm free to hop into a discussion and just regurgitate my prejudices freely. But I control the impulse because indulging can make one look foolish. Such as, say, a circumstance in which Bettman is the guy shooting down some of the more absurd ideas like this.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
Yeah, sounds like an idea from the owner's wallets. They will quickly roll this back when the idea of losing their stars in this game is too risky. I am sure it sounded like a great idea when said out loud, but it's terrible.

I rather they let the last place teams engage in an EA NHL tournament or something. Less chance of injury or a family feud style game show. Anything other than more games.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I, too, enjoy it when circumstances make it look like I'm free to hop into a discussion and just regurgitate my prejudices freely. But I control the impulse because indulging can make one look foolish. Such as, say, a circumstance in which Bettman is the guy shooting down some of the more absurd ideas like this.

And you believe Bettman? Do you also believe that fans voted and told the NHL that digital Ads improve the fans viewing experience? I don’t think that poll happened. And these whispers about the 1st overalll playoffs that may or may not have happened hasn’t really been confirmed to be denied by Bettman anyways if I’m not mistaken. In any case, I’ll continue to speak my peace about the incompetent Bettman and the NHL, if that makes me look like a fool to you, I’ll try not to lose too much sleep over it, cause why would I.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They should make the 2 last place teams play for 1st overall pick… loser picks 1st

Think of how little effort both teams could give

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
The NHL has had some pretty stupid ideas in their time but this one is probably the stupidest.

Impressive.
It’s not their idea, been floated around various circles for awhile. No harm in discussing it but I don’t think it’ll gain any traction.

noo

May 10, 2021
Would you care to offer an explanation as to why you find it so unmerited, or are you just going to throw a judgement out there and then hide from any subsequent debate?

i'm imagining a team like Tampa - won 2 cups and made the finals - wanting to have an off-year to retool..

throw the first half of the season (or w/e it takes to be eliminated) and stomp the 2nd half, since they're still a pretty good team

guaranteed 1st overall pick lol

doesn't sound very realistic but it's possible and who knows

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
The 17th overall team should get it. Simple as. Look at Seattle, widely considered to have had a bad expansion draft, yet is still competitive. Would give eliminated teams something to play for.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00