TSN: Sparks - All I’ve wanted is a fair opportunity

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Lou gave him a chance and so did Dubas, he couldn't get it done, good luck Sparks and try and rebuild your technique because it's very flawed at the NHL level :thumbu:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I guess he felt he wasn't going to be given a fair shake at the backup job in Toronto this year. They probably told him as much. That's too bad, but at least we got something decent out of him and we have Neuvirth. We also have too many goalies (if we sign Neuvirth, which besides his health is a certainty) so we needed to move a couple out. Sparks was one, Kaskisuo likely the other.

Let's just hope Neuvirth turns out, because Sparks was our 2nd best option.

Hutchinson won more, and instilled more confidence.
Sparks isn't an NHL goaltender

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
His record could have been a lot worse if the leafs offense did not bail him. I still remember the 7-6 chicago game which he was not supposed to win.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I actually decided to read the article, he is just saying he doesn't think he would get a fair chance at making the team at camp and thinks he may have a better chance with Vegas ... its true lol

“All I’ve wanted is a fair opportunity, come camp, to try and make the team and I think that I’ll get a better opportunity [with the Golden Knights] than I would have in Toronto,” Sparks said.

Reactions: meng666 and biotk

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I actually decided to read the article, he is just saying he doesn't think he would get a fair chance at making the team at camp and thinks he may have a better chance with Vegas ... its true lol

“All I’ve wanted is a fair opportunity, come camp, to try and make the team and I think that I’ll get a better opportunity [with the Golden Knights] than I would have in Toronto,” Sparks said.

The phrasing in that quote makes it sound like he never had a fair opportunity in the first place.

Even then, this year at camp would have been the same as last year for him would it not be? It’s not like he would be facing incredibly stiff competition.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
Lol.

What the hell was last year if not an opportunity?

He **** the bed. He was bad. He let us down way too many times. The criticism of him is both harsh and valid.

See ya Sparks. Way to leave with grace.

So true.... Letting go of McBackup wasn't an opportunity??? It was a frickin' sacrifice on your behalf!!!!

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
“All I’ve wanted is a fair opportunity, come camp, to try and make the team and I think that I’ll get a better opportunity [in Vegas] than I would have in Toronto."

I dont know why so many are saying he's complaining about not getting an opportunity in the past. he's not saying that. when you read the quote properly he's saying this fall he just wants a fair opportunity to try and make the team, and feels he will get that in Vegas and without a doubt it's probably true.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I liked Sparks, and thought it was the right decision, but man this guy is not very mature. Maybe he should play better instead of blaming the team.

Reactions: Kiwi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad