South Park - The Fractured But Whole - Coming October 17th

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
I am the hero that the North Pole deserves, but not the one it needs right now. I am a silent guardian. A watchful protector. I am... SUPER SANTA!

o2kGqnD.jpg

Reactions: Lancer

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I was trying out the Plantmancer and enjoying it...right up until I saw that ultimate. Yikes.

I think I'll stick with my Psychic thanks. :laugh:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Pro tip: Don't use Token's ult if there's a timer mechanic in a fight. If the timer event happens when you're in the ult, you just get stuck in his turn and have to load last checkpoint. :thumbd:

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Beat it the other night. Great game.

Ending was a bit bonkers (pretty classic South Park to be honest), but overall I loved it. Plot line wasn't quite as good as Stick of Truth, but the trade off was I liked the combat quite a bit more.

Pro tip: Don't use Token's ult if there's a timer mechanic in a fight. If the timer event happens when you're in the ult, you just get stuck in his turn and have to load last checkpoint. :thumbd:

There's actually a fair few bugs in the game...at least in the Xbox version.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I’m on day three now. The twist is kind of meh since I really don’t remember that part of the show real well. It’s kind of funny though. The whole professor chaos minion thing was hilarious and I think I found the perfect squad.

Me: blaster/elementalist
Call girl/human kite/toolshed

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I hardly played much at all until today. I was playing from about 9am until about 3:30. I'm loving this. I'd probably play for another few hours, but I have to get ready to go to a wedding.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Just reached the third day, hoping to finish it this week. Having a hard time deciding who I want in combat with me. I am thinking:

Me: Blaster/Elementalist/Assassin - Ranged attack/healing
Call Girl: Support/melee attack
Human Kite: Ranged attack/Healing
Captain Diabetes: Tank/Melee attack

Always enjoyed Professor Chaos' character.

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
Beat it too!

I went full plantmancers abilities, as they’re super strong. Call girl (attacking from anywhere) and Mosquito (lifesteal so no worrying about him) were staples on my team. Last member rotated.

It wasn’t as good as Stick of Truth, and I had to restart a few fights due to bugs, but it was an enjoyable experience.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Beat it too!

I went full plantmancers abilities, as they’re super strong. Call girl (attacking from anywhere) and Mosquito (lifesteal so no worrying about him) were staples on my team. Last member rotated.

It wasn’t as good as Stick of Truth, and I had to restart a few fights due to bugs, but it was an enjoyable experience.

Yeah plantmancer is pretty broken. The heal is kind of useless when you have people like call girl and human kite on the team but it’s alright.

I was going for the farts not freckles trophy and the game broke so nah I’ll just let it sit there. It was me skipping a turn with the fart. Which is kind of needed in that fight. So I’m done with the game unless the dlc is really good or something

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
I finished it and it was good but not as good as SoT. I played through 4 times in SoT to try all the classes but I don't see the point in TFB because I've already tried all the powers.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I wish I remembered this. I used it right when I was about to beat Mutant Kyle. It was one of 2 times I had to reload the game.

The other happened when I was going for farts not freckles and I got stuck in a loop where mysterion would die, and call girl would get repeatedly charmed (other 2 were dead), so nothing could happen. I'd use the ultimate with mysterion and come back, only to be killed instantly because I was stuck in a corner.

I've just got the token experience to go for the platinum trophy. I didn't realize it was an achievement and I wasn't black in my playthrough

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
OK now I am ticked, My game has messed up on me. I noticed the Auto save wasn't going away but kept playing and put the my playstation in sleep mode when I was done playing. after an error occurred that turned off my game it reset me back well in the 3rd day to the 2nd day. Lost several days of progress. Guess I am not finishing it today.

Probably just going to restart and go with a black character this this to go for the Token Experience trophy.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I went for the farts over freckles trophy one more time cause I heard about a tactic

I got a very helpful glitch :laugh: Or maybe it wasn’t cause I never bring mysterion. Everybody died but my guy and mysterion. So He just kept charming me and I just kept ending the turn till I got the fart to pause time and deal damage to him until I won :laugh:

Idk if it’s cause mysterion made it so it took 2 turns for him to attack my character or cause he can’t attack mysterion and you can’t lose a fight with him or what

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
OK now I am ticked, My game has messed up on me. I noticed the Auto save wasn't going away but kept playing and put the my playstation in sleep mode when I was done playing. after an error occurred that turned off my game it reset me back well in the 3rd day to the 2nd day. Lost several days of progress. Guess I am not finishing it today.

Probably just going to restart and go with a black character this this to go for the Token Experience trophy.

That sucks. With how much time you have left, I'd just restart

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
How does this game compare to Stick of Truth? I want to play this, but I have about 4 other huge games I need to finish before I can even think about buying this one? Also, how funny is this game? I thought SoT was hilarious, but that was back in 2014 and was probably written way before that. South Park just has not been very funny the last 2 season (at least to me).

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
How does this game compare to Stick of Truth? I want to play this, but I have about 4 other huge games I need to finish before I can even think about buying this one? Also, how funny is this game? I thought SoT was hilarious, but that was back in 2014 and was probably written way before that. South Park just has not been very funny the last 2 season (at least to me).

To me, TFBW doesn't quite have the same overall charm of the original, but the combat is better. If you enjoyed Stick of Truth, I think you'll enjoy this one. I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend.

The humour is there, although I don't think I laughed quite as much as I did in SoT.

If you've got a bunch of games to play, wait for a really good sale.

Reactions: ArchAngel55

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
To me, TFBW doesn't quite have the same overall charm of the original, but the combat is better. If you enjoyed Stick of Truth, I think you'll enjoy this one. I really enjoyed it and definitely recommend.

The humour is there, although I don't think I laughed quite as much as I did in SoT.

If you've got a bunch of games to play, wait for a really good sale.

Couldn't have put it any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1