South Park - The Fractured But Whole - Coming October 17th

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Ya I concur watching people play this game on twitch looks like so much fun

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Haven't bought a game for full price on release in a while.

Really considering it with this one. The Stick of Truth is up there for one of my favorite games ever.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
I've played most of it. It's a good game, but it's not as good as The Stick of Truth and is too convoluted story-wise. It's still worth buying for sure, just not up to the same level.

So this is basically a sequel to the stick of truth.

Yeah

Last edited:

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
rFtxVNw.jpg
Yes it’s exactly what it means.

Last edited:
Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
So this evening i:

Beat up sixth graders
Beat up Raisins waitresses
Beat up catholic preists who were trying to molest me (Father Maxi gave me a macaroni Star of David to use in times of trouble in case I need it)
Beat up rednecks who picked a fight with me because my character identified as cis gender

I have a feeling I just scratched the surface of the game.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
I never got deuce master. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm following the instructions, and some are pretty easy.

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
I'm 4 hours in! c:

I am... entertained and slightly disappointed at the same time? It feels a bit 'bland' compared to the first one, maybe because the shock factor isn't there, and it's more of the same.

It's fun anyway. I think I like the combat more than the first. Hero powers, moving around on a grid.

Plus, my little hero looks super handsome!

juPZQ1A.jpg

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
I'm 4 hours in! c:

I am... entertained and slightly disappointed at the same time? It feels a bit 'bland' compared to the first one, maybe because the shock factor isn't there, and it's more of the same.

It's fun anyway. I think I like the combat more than the first. Hero powers, moving around on a grid.

Plus, my little hero looks super handsome!

juPZQ1A.jpg

Agreed. It does feel a bit bland in comparison, but is still a pretty good game. Maybe an 8/10, whereas the first was a 9 or above.

The combat was better the first time around, in my opinion, but I've never been big on gridbased battle systems.

Reactions: Lady Santa

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I didn't get this game, but I watched DansGaming stream it in its entirety. Its longer than the first, but that's not necessarily a good thing. It gets really convoluted and ends REALLY abruptly.

The humor is hit or miss. There's some really funny moments, but most of the attempts whiff or are beaten to death by the midpoint of the game.

Combat is another thing that gets beaten to death by the end. They mix it up on occasion, especially in boss fights, but most of the time, combat is too simple and too long. First game had it better.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Dodged a bit of a bullet with this one. I hadn't ever played Stick of Truth so I really wanted to try that before I drop $60 on this. Everywhere I looked online though had SoT for $30, which seems pretty high to me, so I decided to just get FbW. Then, I saw that the Gold Version of the new game came with SoT along with the season pass so i was contemplating that, but then I decided that I could play the new one and always go back and buy the other one on PC when it inevitably goes on sale. Bought the standard version off PSN and found out that it also comes with SoT :) I decided to try SoT first and I like it quite a bit even though I don't watch much South Park. For the most part it's pretty funny and does have some mildly challenging bits. Hoping to finish it and FbW in time for AC Origins on Friday, but I don't think that's going to happen.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm a few hours in and really enjoying it.

It definitely doesn't have that magic feeling of the first one, but it's still solid. The combat and buddy system are way better. Same for classes and powers.

I accidentally skipped a cinematic with Mr. Mackey when he was asking me my gender. I took a guess that he asked me what gender I was interested in, so I put female. Oops haha.

Decided to get rid of my beard after I was classed as a cis female haha.

Reactions: Dolemite

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So I started.. game is definetely missing the magic of the first one. A lot of areas with no music I’m pretty sure which makes the game feel dead

The combat starts off really bad but when you get more people it gets better and the humor is still amazing

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The crafting system is a bit of a bust.

I liked it more when you just looted little funny easter eggs rather than just junk with vague references.

I'm still really enjoying it though. I'm glad they allow you to swap classes(and do more of the hilarious backstory fights). The Plantmancer seems pretty broken. You get a knockback that can hit 20 squares in front and beside you that also causes bleeding. On top of that, you get the only(I think) AoE heal.

BTW, the trip to Canada is well worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->