South Park - The Fractured But Whole - Coming October 17th

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I want to be upset by this, but a.) the delays didn't hurt the previous game at all and b.) there's so much out now that I still haven't played with major releases still upcoming that I'm not going to be sitting around in March with nothing to do. As it was I was a little concerned that my time with this game would be abruptly cut short by the release of Persona 5.

I just wish they'd have at least given the game a specific quarter for the new release date. Simply saying financial year means that it could come out anytime between April 1 and March 31, 2018 :laugh:

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I think it's safe to say they're going to deliver;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...iculty-slider-changes-the-colour-of-your-skin

On the surface it screams racism, but since this is Matt and Trey it comes off as an amazing piece of satire/social commentary.

The jewels on those two even after like 20 years of their shtick never fails to impress me. :laugh:

is it though? no matter what side you slide the scale it'll be considered racist because its black. its how the world is now a days

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
is it though? no matter what side you slide the scale it'll be considered racist because its black. its how the world is now a days

During the process, South Park stalwart Eric Cartman will comment: "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life."

Our Aoife Wilson and Chris Bratt, who captured the gameplay in the video, asked Ubisoft developers about this feature during a recent hands-on event. They were told the difficulty of the game affects the amount of money you receive and the way other characters speak to you throughout the course of the game. It is, quite clearly, a social commentary on racism in modern society, and as far as video games go, a pretty effective one.

It's basically Matt and Trey doing what they do best.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
You know, their last game there was a class that was a Jew and no one said anything about it. I mean there's even an achievement in the game to find Jesus playing the Jew Class.

I'd rather Ubisoft delay it than release a typically poor Ubisoft product.

The last game was pretty damned solid and creative. I'm not too worried about that.

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
The game's difficulty will be based on your character's skin color >.>.

But hey, Stick of Truth was a really awesome game.

Fractured But Whole has been waiting in my library for a while, eagerly waiting to be played. I can't wait!

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I really thought we'd gotten over the days when South Park was considered controversial and not simply a humourous take on a politically relevant topic.

I don't buy many full priced games day one anymore (mostly get slightly older games through Steam sales or humble bundle, and put most of my hours into indies these days), but this will be one of them.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I really thought we'd gotten over the days when South Park was considered controversial and not simply a humourous take on a politically relevant topic.

I don't buy many full priced games day one anymore (mostly get slightly older games through Steam sales or humble bundle, and put most of my hours into indies these days), but this will be one of them.

lol with todays pc era? pleaseeee :laugh:

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Difficulty of combat doesn't change though. The only thing that changes is the way people will react and talk to you in the world.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Reviews are in from critics

Most say slightly worse story but slightly better combat. Makes sense I don’t think I’ll like the combat more then stick of truth though

They say it’s still a must buy if you love South Park/liked the first game

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Is the first one worth getting? I've heard it's super short.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Is the first one worth getting? I've heard it's super short.

its really fun. especially if you are a SP fan.

as for length, ive played through it twice and steam says ive played 25 hours. so id say its about 12 hours ish depending on how much side stuff you like doing

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
its really fun. especially if you are a SP fan.

as for length, ive played through it twice and steam says ive played 25 hours. so id say its about 12 hours ish depending on how much side stuff you like doing
Oh, that's not too bad. I don't watch the show a whole lot, but I like it. Are there a bunch of inside jokes I won't understand if I haven't seen the show much?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
there are a fair number of references to past episodes, but the story itself is self-contained and easy enough to follow

Lady Santa

of Wonderland
Feb 4, 2016
Montreal
I -loved- the first game even though I don't watch South Park at all. Definitely a must buy on sale!

I've already pre-loaded the second one, but I have a midterm on Wednesday, so I won't be able to play it right away :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad