TV: South Park Season 20

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
You nailed it imo. I'd actually say this season and last season are two of the weakest if not the two weakest in recent memory. Like you said, in 10 years if you flip a random rerun of SP on and it's the mongolians episode, it stands on its own and you'll probably enjoy it in the same way one could enjoy a random episode of Star Trek TOS or TNG randomly, as each episode is it's own story and stands on its own.

If you flip it on only to see one of the weaker episodes in this season or previous, it'll just be one small part of an on-going storyline you likely won't even fully remember. I'm not denying each episode has had its moments but I much prefer the standalone eps where each one had its own story.

I know I'll get crucified here for saying this, but I was never really even a big fan of the multi part episodes they did in the past, and I know I'm in the minority much like I am with these two seasons.

I'm also not nearly as big a fan of PC principal as many people are either. I feel like if he were treated like other characters that are the focal point of an episode now and then rather than for a full season, I'd like his schtick a lot more. But when I'm subjected to him for 12 straight episodes it loses its magic with me.

South Park's multi parters have always been hit or miss

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
I have to say, I have no idea how they can wrap up all the storylines in one episode. There's just so much going on, and nothing even happened with the member berries this week.

Hate to say it, but I don't think the plot will be wrapped up this season.

These last two episodes have been ****ing great, though. The rickroll was good, but it's losing its luster. I was hoping that the Dane would reveal himself as Pewdiepie or something. Maybe next week.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I have to say, I have no idea how they can wrap up all the storylines in one episode. There's just so much going on, and nothing even happened with the member berries this week.

Hate to say it, but I don't think the plot will be wrapped up this season.

These last two episodes have been ****ing great, though. The rickroll was good, but it's losing its luster. I was hoping that the Dane would reveal himself as Pewdiepie or something. Maybe next week.

If anything I think the storylines are dragging on. They're almost done and could have easily been wrapped up last ep.

Good episode though.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Not season 20 related, but it's been a long time since I've seen this :laugh:

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Yeah how the hell is everything going to be wrapped up in one episode? Besides poorly.

So why did Kyle run off with Ike in the previous episode..that seemed pretty pointless.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Next episode is called “The End of Serialization as We Know It"

Wonder what that means...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad