Sony PS5 2

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Anyone that ordered the bundle from Gsmestop get a weird charge on your account this morning? I got a $73 charge from GameStop, but the bundle is the only thing I’ve bought from GameStop in years(my disc drive doesn’t even work on my PS4) and it costs a hell of a lot more than $73. Wondering if for some reason they’re charging each individual item separately or something? That doesn’t make sense for a lot of reasons, but I can’t think of any other reason I’d have a charge from GameStop other than a fraudulent purchase and I want to make sure before I go to my bank.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Anyone that ordered the bundle from Gsmestop get a weird charge on your account this morning? I got a $73 charge from GameStop, but the bundle is the only thing I’ve bought from GameStop in years(my disc drive doesn’t even work on my PS4) and it costs a hell of a lot more than $73. Wondering if for some reason they’re charging each individual item separately or something? That doesn’t make sense for a lot of reasons, but I can’t think of any other reason I’d have a charge from GameStop other than a fraudulent purchase and I want to make sure before I go to my bank.
Contact them about the charges before going to the bank.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Contact them about the charges before going to the bank.
This was good advice!

I talked to GameStop and they said the charge was for the controller. Apparently each individual item in the bundle will be charged separately which is....unconventional, but at least I know what it is.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
This was good advice!

I talked to GameStop and they said the charge was for the controller. Apparently each individual item in the bundle will be charged separately which is....unconventional, but at least I know what it is.
It would have sucked to accidentally cancel a pre-order.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Just an FYI...

The KontrolFreeks for the PS4 fit the Dualsense

JYuKQ8e.jpg

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
May be small but that's a relief. Once you get used to playing with KF's you really can't go back, so nice to see I won't have to pick up new ones. I still think I'll just build a PC for now and save for a couple years down the road to snag the console, but I'm excited to see how this console does and may grab the dual sense for PC gaming.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
$38.79CAD a year here. I haven't had plus for a couple years, but with the plus collection for ps5 I think I'll stack a couple years on this deal.

1-Year PlayStation Plus Membership (PS+) - PS3/PS4/PS5 Digital Code (USA)

Some say the USA version works for Canada but I didn't want to take the chance so I bought the Canadian one and it was $42 dollars. Bought 2 years so in the end it was 8 dollars more. Spread over 2 years that's nothing. lol

can you stack as many as you like? mine doesn't expire until October of 2021

I think you can stack for up to 5 years.

Last edited:

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
Has anyone heard anything about availability? Is this thing going to be impossible to find through Xmas?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Has anyone heard anything about availability? Is this thing going to be impossible to find through Xmas?
Probably. You're gonna just have to sign up for email notifications everywhere and have your credit card ready. By the time you see it posted elsewhere it'll probably be gone.

Reactions: Hatfield

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site

To add to what’s posted above. Best bet right now to get one at launch is hoping for a local retailer to have some available on launch day. The only confirmation I have seen on this is Target (US). On launch day they will have units available at each location that you can order online for store pickup. Still hasn’t been confirmed when those orders go live.

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
To add to what’s posted above. Best bet right now to get one at launch is hoping for a local retailer to have some available on launch day. The only confirmation I have seen on this is Target (US). On launch day they will have units available at each location that you can order online for store pickup. Still hasn’t been confirmed when those orders go live.

That’s what I was thinking. Will probably check the nearby Target on release day.

I did sign up for a notification from Gamestop a few weeks back, but obviously haven’t heard anything sjnce then.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
That’s what I was thinking. Will probably check the nearby Target on release day.

I did sign up for a notification from Gamestop a few weeks back, but obviously haven’t heard anything sjnce then.
Quite honestly, trying to get one through email notifications is horrible advice now that I think twice about it

It's very likely that there's phishing emails going out in that format. Probably best just to refresh the actual sites.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My plan is to look for one upon release and if it doesn't work out that's fine. I'm okay to wait this time around, there is still a lot I need to play from this generation

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

If some are released again for the Xmas rush, it'll be like the first two waves we've had. Snatched up in minutes. Maybe check online on launch day at a few sites and refresh to Hell and back and see if you get lucky. I know some stores said they are planning to get some more but who knows what times they will have them up. Midnight? Your guess is as good as mine.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Did anyone do the IGN code thing to get the PS Plus card? I did and it says it would be emailed but I never got it, but it also said something was shipped but there was no tracking number. So i'm not sure what is going on..

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Did anyone do the IGN code thing to get the PS Plus card? I did and it says it would be emailed but I never got it, but it also said something was shipped but there was no tracking number. So i'm not sure what is going on..
I did and in the email it gives the code, it's in a small section. I was confused as well.

It will say "shipping with other" and the code will be underneath, under the "shipped to" section of the shipping email.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I did and in the email it gives the code, it's in a small section. I was confused as well.

It will say "shipping with other" and the code will be underneath, under the "shipped to" section of the shipping email.
Ah I see it, thank you!

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Has anyone come across any deals for the games themselves? Was thinking about getting Spiderman, godfall, and AC at launch, but it would nice not to pay full price on all 3. I'm not super worried about pre-ordering though as I can always just get a digital copy if I can't find a deal on physical copies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad