Sony PS5 2

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Well I just got an email from GameStop regarding my 'Advanced Bundle' pre-order saying that the release date has been delayed by the manufacturer. This bundle included Destruction All Stars so it will be interesting to see how this is handled, I assume that's what the email is referencing and not the system itself.
I preordered a bundle from GameStop that included Demon Souls and Spider-Man and I haven’t received anything saying it’s delayed, so I think you’re correct, it’s just the game.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I preordered a bundle from GameStop that included Demon Souls and Spider-Man and I haven’t received anything saying it’s delayed, so I think you’re correct, it’s just the game.

I just got done chatting with Game Stop and it looks like the delay was because of the Destruction All Stars. They're going to take that out of the bundle and lower the cost which is perfect because I didn't even want that game but the bundle was the only way I could get the PS5. The system and the rest of the items will still ship on time.

Reactions: 542365

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Some developers are going to be able to do really cool stuff with this, but I think a lot of developers are going to unintentionally makes some really annoying mechanics.

I'm hoping games will come with options to adjust this stuff, in the same way you can turn on/off rumble in most games.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I just got done chatting with Game Stop and it looks like the delay was because of the Destruction All Stars. They're going to take that out of the bundle and lower the cost which is perfect because I didn't even want that game but the bundle was the only way I could get the PS5. The system and the rest of the items will still ship on time.
I was in the same situation. I didn't really want/need the second controller, PS+, or the games, but it was the only way I could preorder a system so I bit the bullet assuming I could sell the games after I finish them and I'll eventually use the second controller and the PS+ anyway.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Not the response I'd have expected from two of the most jaded vets in the industry, tbh.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'm sure it's been answered, but wtf is "haptic" and how does it improve gameplay?

Haptic feedback would be like HD rumble in a joycon. It allows for much more specific and varied rumble feel in the controller, whether it could be force from turning a car or how the controller feels from shooting or a gun or even just doing a slight vibration to let you know of something. There are no more actual physical rumble motors in the Dualsense.

And then if you get into adaptive triggers, there are physical resistance joints/switches in the triggers that can adapt to what you're using or playing. So like a gun in COD could have a different resistance to the pull of the trigger or you can actually feel the resistance of the acceleration of a car with actual resistance instead of just having rumble in the trigger itself (like the XBO/XSX controllers).

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I'm sure it's been answered, but wtf is "haptic" and how does it improve gameplay?

Haptic literally means 'touch' or 'the sense of touch'. Feedback is feeback, that is, a response that alerts you that your action has caused a reaction.

The simplest example is when you touch your smart phone screen, and there's a varying degree of vibration in response to signify a completed action.

The rumble pack on the N64 was haptic feedback.

The rumble in controllers is haptic feedback.

As controllers get more advanced, they've added more and more nuances and variations of feedback to differentiate between different actions and responses. So getting shot and sliding across the ground in a shooter both vibrate, but differently enough that you immediately know the difference.

Sony's new controller has a lot of new tricks through both the controller and the triggers.

As somebody that generally turns rumble off in multiplayer shooters, I hope I can turn all of this stuff off in games, lol.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Bugsnax is the free PS5 PS Plus game for November

That's great for me, cause while the game looked really interesting, I'm not sure I was intrigued enough to actually spend money on it.

Hopefully they get a Rocket League esque boost from being a PSN plus game.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
can you stack as many as you like? mine doesn't expire until October of 2021
I have no idea. I want to say it's the physical card, so I don't see why not?

Edit: it's a digital card. Still don't see why you couldn't stack them though

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Apparently Astros Playroom is free, I never realized that. Its pre-installed on the PS5. Thats pretty cool.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Apparently according to Sony.net,

Sony has 45.9 million PS Plus subscribers and 107 million monthly active users on PSN (from financial report today). I didn't realize it was so much. That's a lot of money being brought in monthly and probably well over 1 billion a year (maybe even closer to 2 billion).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad