Something is rotten in Nashville

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I believe there's plenty of talent in Nashville.

Only 4 points out of playoff spot, I wouldn't make any hasty decisions at the moment but if things have really gone stale, I would recommend a coaching change before a "minor rebuild". That should be a wake up the players and a chance to get some fresh eyes on on the situation.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If Granlund doesn't start getting in the box scores, he won't be worth much at the TDL. If he does, he won't be traded.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Cancers seem to be a thing with 2 of the top 3 picks in 2009...

I hope you're being facetious. O'Reilly was "the locker room cancer" or "player you couldn't win with" until he went to (wait for it)... a good team in St. Louis.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
People keep saying we're gonna be fine but we really ain't lmao.

Been two seasons of this mediocrity now, this team still hasn't recovered from that loss to the Jets in the playoffs.

Lavy needs to go.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
So it wasn't P.K Subban's fault after all. :dunno:
Eh Subban was traded for his cap space and that's about it. I don't think if you asked a Nashville fan they would say P.K. was any issue.

The problem is that the assistants should have been turned over at least after the funk that was last season, but Poile didn't force it. I think Lavi is a solid coach, I just think like a lot of motivator style coaches he has a short shelf life.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
As a Jet fan I am not ready to give up on the Preds, They were the better team against the Jets but still lost. Still think both the Preds and Jets are PO teams and would not be surprised if one of these teams make it to the finals. Talk to Blue's fans at this time last year about giving up on their team before they go on a run to win the cup. If the Preds are still playing like this in February then call it that they are a loss cause. Right now way to early to give up on them.
While that’s true, the Blues fired their coach and called up a new starting goalie. What will the Preds do?

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Everywhere Duchene goes things start to fall apart. Coincidence?
I wonder when people will really understand how bad a player he really is for team success. Selfish, entitled and not too smart. I wouldn’t want him in my team in the NHL. Has definitely some cool skills, but is unfortunately a bad team player and has messed up often the play of his linemates and teammates, while getting nice point totals for himself.

Reactions: seancolorado

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The only reason why we won the division was because the Jets also decided to back their way into the playoffs lol.
I can sympathize with frustration about the Preds’ season, especially when you were projecting a team that was a legit contender and can still remember the Finals appearance. But winning a tough division over the course of a grueling season is not mediocrity.

HugoLalumiere

May 20, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
...And now in Nashville... "we see the same thing happen again"... BOY! Aging core, bad goaltending, ZERO help from defense. Say what you say about Subban, but Poile didn't even bother to look a replacement for him! A rookie cannot be the answer, unless he's Makar or Hughes! Can't count on Fabbro being "the guy" just yet! Overall I think this team is underperforming right now, but I don't see how that makes Duchene a locker room cancer! What the hell mates?

As for Tavares! Two time CAPTAIN! Enough said! If you want to point fingers, point at Babcock and Matthews! Their personal feud is hurting this team! One has to go! Also can't underestimate the negative effect of removing a true FATHER FIGURE and a MENTOR for these young fellas, Patty Marleau, from this team! But not Tavares' fault, by any means!

Uh... That Tavares thing is a bit of a freebie out of left field? Leaf fan who couldn't help himself adding his personal touch? You might be on the wrong thread...

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I hope you're being facetious. O'Reilly was "the locker room cancer" or "player you couldn't win with" until he went to (wait for it)... a good team in St. Louis.

Said nobody, at least in Colorado. There’s a difference between being a pain in the butt when it comes to contract negotiations and what you do on the ice.

Nobody has ever questioned ROR’s commitment to winning hockey. Nobody works or plays harder than O’Reilly.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Said nobody, at least in Colorado. There’s a difference between being a pain in the butt when it comes to contract negotiations and what you do on the ice.

Nobody has ever questioned ROR’s commitment to winning hockey. Nobody works or plays harder than O’Reilly.

That wasn't the narrative when he was in Buffalo. People thought he was part of the problem with the Sabres, and brought it up when the Blues struggled out of the gate.

O'Reilly, Duchene, Tavares... My point is that singling out a player for why a team - made up of 20 players - loses is foolish.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Laviolette should probably be let go, and then Tampa Bay should hire him immediately.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Yikes this thread has some real reaches. Duchene a cancer? :laugh: He's been one of our best players.

Fabbro has been fine as Subban's replacement, he's not the problem and neither has Duchene.
Every team has slumps like this. We'll still make the playoffs, we still have games in hand on teams in the division.

I will say this though, I think Laviolette's shelf life has expired. I think we should have moved on from him this offseason when we had a historically bad power play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad