Sep 10, 2019
Yup, rent free.
PointlessRecentGermanwirehairedpointer-size_restricted.gif
the penguins followed up their cup win in 2017 with this gem right here:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
How long does Laviolette have a job?

Seems to be that 5,5 years is enough of the same voice/ideas.

Team is probably their best in history with player material, and having horrible results.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Their goaltending is rubbish. In context against the bad sharks goaltending:

Aaron Dell - .900
Martin Jones - .893
Pekka Rinne - .893
Juuse Saros - .890

EDIT:
Additionally - The Preds are ranked 7th in the NHL in goals for per game and 7th most goals against per game.

Clearly they just can't keep the puck out of their net.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Everywhere Duchene goes things start to fall apart. Coincidence?

I don't know, everywhere I go I see corporations failing despite my best efforts and successes. It's pretty silly to blame one person for the failings of an entire organization. He's priced himself out of the Avs organization but I'd love him back for cheaper.

quityerwhinin

Feb 9, 2017
Good team, and will finish better than where they're at now, but IMHO, their defense has long been overrated. They're not bad, but not great in their own end, and this year they aren't getting the goaltending to cover the issues.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
How long does Laviolette have a job?

Seems to be that 5,5 years is enough of the same voice/ideas.

Team is probably their best in history with player material, and having horrible results.

That might be debatable. I was more fearful of the preds back when they had that vaunted top 4 D with subban still playing at a high level.

I don't think johansen has been as consistent as they were hoping for in terms of being that franchise center to build a team around. He's had some good runs though, and it woukd have been interesting to see how he would do if he could have finished the playoffs where they went to the finals.

They added duchene to help out but I feel he's been a wildcard from season to season as well... Not quite sure what youre going to get from him for a given year.

Cup winners often have that clearly defined top end center.... Sometimes 2 of them, and they haven't produced that in Nashville.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Considering your coach is a joke, what current nhl coach would you not take over him?

Hynes was. Nas has proven to be pretty serviceable and we would welcome him back as an assistant should the team continue to play strong yet not make the playoffs.

That said, the Devils will most likely get someone who has more experience and who is far more established, barring a miracle finish by Nas. I'd suspect someone like Jon Cooper or Laviolette as previously mentioned should either one be relieved of their duties.

Thank you for your input, bub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad