Something is rotten in Nashville

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Tbh our cup window closed after the loss to the jets

We need to execute a minor rebuild

The Lavi Admin has gone stale

Sound D and excellent Goaltending-hallmarks of our franchise success has been eschewed by focusing on an up tempo offense run by mediocre 50-70 pt forwards

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Nashville has always had somewhat disappointing offense compared to the other contenders, they were contenders for a long time without a true 1C. They lost their best forward for the year.

They'll be fine. They'll figure everything out.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Tbh our cup window closed after the loss to the jets

We need to execute a minor rebuild

The Lavi Admin has gone stale

Sound D and excellent Goaltending-hallmarks of our franchise success has been eschewed by focusing on an up tempo offense run by mediocre 50-70 pt forwards

As a Jet fan I am not ready to give up on the Preds, They were the better team against the Jets but still lost. Still think both the Preds and Jets are PO teams and would not be surprised if one of these teams make it to the finals. Talk to Blue's fans at this time last year about giving up on their team before they go on a run to win the cup. If the Preds are still playing like this in February then call it that they are a loss cause. Right now way to early to give up on them.

Reactions: NNCbama

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Granlund and Smith could fetch a good return at the deadline, would be nice if they could move out Turris as well because he doesn’t really have a good fit on the roster. I don’t see them rebuilding in any capacity due to the amount of guys on long term deals and so many of those players being prime aged. Coach swap could do the team wonders.

Reactions: NNCbama

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
I feel like Nashville is the Minnesota like two years ago. Always been solid team and makes to the playoffs but never will win anything. Just something missing. Minnesota never had elite players just very great players and the same is going on in Nashville. They have many 50-60 points forwards and great defense and still good goaltending (not long time anymore). I think Nashville is not going better anymore they should fix something now if they wanna win (and I really hope they will win the cup). Maybe they need that one elite leader they don't have in forwards. Taylor Hall?

It's still a team sport and they could still win the cup and do the same as St Louis did last season. Also Islanders are doing great without any big names (still they have elite number one center). I just donate feel Duchene is winner and Granlund is doing awful too. They need to turn it around pretty soon.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Cancers seem to be a thing with 2 of the top 3 picks in 2009...

Yeah that's true. Hmm wtf? Colorado was the worst team ever and then Ottawa and now Nashville?

I remember when just a while ago Duchene was happy for going to Ottawa because it was a great cup contender unlike Colorado. Well look those teams now. And that was like 1-2 years ago? :D

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
"Duchene is a locker room cancer, yadda yadda yadda..."

LMAO:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

You guys realise that Duchene had absolutely nothing to do with the Avs being bad, right? They drafted Duchene, Landeskog, MacKinnon all in the top-3 in a span of 4 years! This team was hella bad, with or without Duchene! Bad GM's, bad coaches. Personally, I blame Sacco & co. for those bad times! Duchene wanted out and was made a scapegoat, sure it affected the locker room. One guy publicly stating he wants out - but that's the way it is! No bad blood between former team mates, I suppose. Sakic took his time, locker room got divided - shit happens! I still don't see how this makes Duchene a locker room cancer.

I won't even discuss Ottawa! That team is a tirefire! Again, can't blame Duchene. Owner not wanting to spend any real dollars, Karlsson and Stone wanting out, Dzingel not replaced... while REAL "zero effort" guys like Ryan accomplished nothing and still made $6M a year! Talk about bad circumstances! Duchene played the best hockey of his career in Ottawa, despite the team being crap and everyone fleeing the sinking ship!

And now in Nashville... "we see the same thing happen again"... BOY! Aging core, bad goaltending, ZERO help from defense. Say what you say about Subban, but Poile didn't even bother to look a replacement for him! A rookie cannot be the answer, unless he's Makar or Hughes! Can't count on Fabbro being "the guy" just yet! Overall I think this team is underperforming right now, but I don't see how that makes Duchene a locker room cancer! What the hell mates?

As for Tavares! Two time CAPTAIN! Enough said! If you want to point fingers, point at Babcock and Matthews! Their personal feud is hurting this team! One has to go! Also can't underestimate the negative effect of removing a true FATHER FIGURE and a MENTOR for these young fellas, Patty Marleau, from this team! But not Tavares' fault, by any means!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Say what you say about Subban, but Poile didn't even bother to look a replacement for him! A rookie cannot be the answer, unless he's Makar or Hughes! Can't count on Fabbro being "the guy" just yet!

Fabbro has been good, definitely no worse than Subban was last season. I believe you wouldn't find a single Predators fan who thinks Fabbro replacing Subban has been an issue in the slightest bit this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad