Post-Game Talk: something bad happened we suk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-post-game-vs-Nashville-300x195.png

Coach Maurice scrum: How can he put into words that 1st period? How does his group pick themselves off the mat? Is it rock bottom right now? Has he been in a game when there have been that many 10 minute misconducts? Does he feel bad for his goalies?

To listen click here.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I like to go to other teams boards and just watch when things are going bad. I know there's that German word for that...but I won't try to spell it. Gotta say, I'd be really entertained here.

This spell was fairly predictable. The Jets, as much as I love them, are an average, to slightly above average team. They would be objectively expected to lose the last three games. I know the leafs? Stuff happens.

As for discord in the dressing room surrounding Byfuglien and Ladd. I call B.S.

Does anyone have a clue about what Ladd is going through physically? Getzlaff chose to forgo that surgery, and it is really a crap-shoot for his career. Ladd will get through it, but it will be a tough year, and it comes at the worst time personally, for him.

The other teams in the division are relatively better this year, and we're on the bubble. I was entertained tonight, and won't be falling on my sword.

p.s. and as for Buff having an attitude problem... are you not watching? Buff would like to take the whole team on his shoulders and drag them kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Last edited:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
No way! Send Pav down. A waiver claim is nothing to fear. a) It won't happen. b) If it did it would be doing us a favour.

Edit:Helle is not for warming the bench. What would be the point of that?

You don't have to send down a goalie to bring up Hellebuyck.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I like to go to other teams boards and just watch when things are going bad. I know there's that German word for that...but I won't try to spell it. Gotta say, I'd be really entertained here.

The word you're looking for is 'schadenfreude'.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wheeler was speechless after the game.

PMO looked dazed and confused.......even he was a lack of words and couldn't explain things.

When the head coach is confused were in big trouble.

Wait for the incoming trade rumours surrounding the Jets now.

Losing 7-0, is that a team record????

Last edited by a moderator:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
[mod]
no 1 player - goalie, D, forward - is to blame.
think there are just bad habits being perpetuated and losing does that to you.
get 1-2 wins and things will clean themselves up.

as far as whipping boys: ah yes, Stu, Pavs, Enstrom. all fun to whip.
whip it real good!

Last edited by a moderator:

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
Coach-Maurice-post-game-vs-Nashville-300x195.png

Coach Maurice scrum: How can he put into words that 1st period? How does his group pick themselves off the mat? Is it rock bottom right now? Has he been in a game when there have been that many 10 minute misconducts? Does he feel bad for his goalies?

To listen click here.

Someone asked if this was rock bottom... imagine when we get the injury bug...

jetswin

Jul 24, 2011
Someone asked if this was rock bottom... imagine when we get the injury bug...

That was exactly what got things going last year. Some of the vets were out and a hard working bunch of ahl guys brought some effort which resulted in wins. Compete level of some vets is very low, tme for guys to earn their jobs again.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I think we all knew there was a good chance that we'd miss the playoffs this year. I mean that's sort of the nature of the beast when you are anywhere near bubble team status and you are in the toughest division in hockey. However, I don't think many of us expected the team to look this incompetent. Coming into this season, defensive structure was pretty much the least of my concerns. I expected us to be a defensively pretty sound team. I don't know what the root of the problem is here, but I know when there first started to be talk about defensemen "pinching" more and "activating" offensively my initial thought was...ummmm...why?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

This spell was fairly predictable. The Jets, as much as I love them, are an average, to slightly above average team. They would be objectively expected to lose the last three games. I know the leafs? Stuff happens.

Does anyone have a clue about what Ladd is going through physically? Getzlaff chose to forgo that surgery, and it is really a crap-shoot for his career. Ladd will get through it, but it will be a tough year, and it comes at the worst time personally, for him.

The other teams in the division are relatively better this year, and we're on the bubble. I was entertained tonight, and won't be falling on my sword.

p.s. and as for Buff having an attitude problem... are you not watching? Buff would like to take the whole team on his shoulders and drag them kicking and screaming into the playoffs.

Bolded: Really, your team is blown up real good and that's entertaining?:help:

As someone else eluded to, watching Maurice wasn't pretty, clearly this guy has no answers and neither did Noel at the end of his tenure here....not saying the players quit on Maurice but it sure as hell looks pretty close to that!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
If the players did anything remotely close to "quitting" on Maurice, then some players need to be made gone. I'm sorry, but it's laughable that any of these players, particularly the core guys, could possibly think they have any right to quit on anybody. That ship sailed already with Noel and it's time for them to put up or shut up...

Last edited:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm sorry, but if the players did anything remotely close to "quitting" on Maurice, then some players need to be made gone. I'm sorry, but it's laughable that any of these players, particularly the core guys, could possibly think they have any right to quit on anybody. That ship sailed already with Noel and it's time for them to put up or shut up...

NHL calibre talent is spread pretty thin in the NHL with 30 teams, players know it, coaches know it, management knows this, owners know it, a few fans know it, it's easy for the player's nowadays, take a night or two off and what's the coach going to do?:help:

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Bolded: Really, your team is blown up real good and that's entertaining?:help:

As someone else eluded to, watching Maurice wasn't pretty, clearly this guy has no answers and neither did Noel at the end of his tenure here....not saying the players quit on Maurice but it sure as hell looks pretty close to that!

On January 12, 2014, the Winnipeg Jets hired Maurice as head coach, replacing the fired Claude Noël after the Jets struggled to a 19–23–5 start to the 2013–14 season.[10] Under Maurice, the Jets had a 18–12–5 record. On April 16, 2014, Maurice signed a four-year extension with the club.[11] During the 2014-15 season, Maurice led the Winnipeg Jets to their first playoff appearance, since relocating from Atlanta, finishing with a franchise best 43-26-13, for 99 points.

So are you saying the Winnipeg Jets aka Atlanta Thrashers are now reverting back to the way they were before Maurice so that may mean Claude Noël right now is thinking to himself "welcome to my world Paul" and if that's the case then the Maurice Factor is over and the Atlanta Thrashers core is reverting back to their terrible historical playing averages?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:noway::nono:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
On January 12, 2014, the Winnipeg Jets hired Maurice as head coach, replacing the fired Claude Noël after the Jets struggled to a 19–23–5 start to the 2013–14 season.[10] Under Maurice, the Jets had a 18–12–5 record. On April 16, 2014, Maurice signed a four-year extension with the club.[11] During the 2014-15 season, Maurice led the Winnipeg Jets to their first playoff appearance, since relocating from Atlanta, finishing with a franchise best 43-26-13, for 99 points.

So are you saying the Winnipeg Jets aka Atlanta Thrashers are now reverting back to the way they were before Maurice so that may mean Claude Noël right now is thinking to himself "welcome to my world Paul" and if that's the case then the Maurice Factor is over and the Atlanta Thrashers core is reverting back to their terrible historical playing averages?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:noway::nono:

It's still early but it pretty much looks like it, to be fair to Paul though, the talent isn't here and that's on the GM more than the coach!

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
I'm sorry, but if the players did anything remotely close to "quitting" on Maurice, then some players need to be made gone. I'm sorry, but it's laughable that any of these players, particularly the core guys, could possibly think they have any right to quit on anybody. That ship sailed already with Noel and it's time for them to put up or shut up...
Exactly. They got one coach fired. Are they shooting for 2?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Just read my last post and I said "I'm sorry" twice. It sounded really stupid so I edited that ****! :D

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Same could be said for Noel than, or am I missing something?

Team responded well when one (or two) of the alleged malcontents was removed from the mix last season, wonder if that was enough or if they even chose the right guys to get rid of?

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

Agree with most of this.
This PGT sets new records for over-reaction. At least last year, after a bad loss, everyone ganged up on Pavs. Now we're ready to throw most of the team, coach, GM and development staff over a cliff. If I received this kind of support every time I had a bad week, i'd be unemployed and divorced! :laugh:
As just one example of the irrationality--thinking that Ladd is pouting and playing poorly because he doesn't have a contract is ridiculous. First of all, protracted contract negotiations happen to the best of players; second, Ladd has been a consummate professional his entire career, no matter what you say about his play; third and most important, playing poorly this season could cost Ladd over $5M on his next contract. Now, why on earth would a smart, level-headed professional like Ladd do that?
It's much more likely that he is a)still recovering from his injury or b)regressing due to said injury and other age-related factors. If b) is the case, do we really want to fire Chevy for not yet signing him to a $40M contract?

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Wheeler was speechless after the game.

PMO looked dazed and confused.......even he was a lack of words and couldn't explain things.

When the head coach is confused were in big trouble.

Wait for the incoming trade rumours surrounding the Jets now.

Losing 7-0, is that a team record????

Didnt they lose 9-0 to Detoilet in the first year back?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well no, I for one am not calling for Chevy's head. However, while we might not blame him for not signing Ladd to a big contract, we could perhaps call him out for not moving him or Buff already when it's been pretty obvious for some time that we aren't keeping both of them. I'm hoping there's some sort of a plan here and that Chevy has something up his sleeve in regards to the buff/ladd situation because it should be possible to do something there that would benefit us in a long-term way...you'd hope at least.

rthork

May 1, 2012
Winnipeg
Our defensive game has gone to absolute *****, so many broken coverages, our own stupidity on blocking shots. It's just a compound cluster of you know what -- time to get back to being responsible and accountable.

Way too many times our D are pinching to jump up and getting burnt so bad. How many odd-man rushes have we given in the last handful of games that have ended up in the back of our net? That will say it right there.

Play a goalie and keep to them for a 4-game stretch atleast. No goalie has any continuity going for them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad