Post-Game Talk: something bad happened we suk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Lots of panic and overreaction in this thread tonight. It seems some of you perhaps had expectations of this roster that weren't realistic. I personally thought they'd be a bubble team again, and that is what they look like, so am not really at all surprised. Their reality is that they are a .500 team that has suffered some horrific play from both their D and their goalies of late.

Pardy and Harri probably need to be parachuted back in. Trouba could use a game in the press-box to reflect and watch the game from another angle. Give Helle a look. Bring Lippy up. Shake it up, but from within for right now.

jersey1302

Oct 18, 2015
Niverville, MB
^^^ If Enstrom has been god awful, what the hell has Trouba, Chairot, and Stuart been? :laugh:

Ya I agree with that one. Our D in general is awful but Enstrom in the vet there, He went from being arguably our best D to one of the worst. Stuart too but he was never as good at Enstrom. I hold Enstrom in a higher tier.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Nashville's sold out pretty much every game this year. Not sure if this one was officially or not, but attendance in Nashville is not a problem.

We do typically have a late-arriving crowd though.

Been to a game in Nashville attendance was not a problem, the crowd and atmosphere was excellent!!

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Ya I agree with that one. Our D in general is awful but Enstrom in the vet there, He went from being arguably our best D to one of the worst. Stuart too but he was never as good at Enstrom. I hold Enstrom in a higher tier.

Have to disagree with you about his play. I think he's been the only one consistently playing decent to good all year. Yeh he's had some bad moments, but I think they've been far fewer then any other D. I say we just agree to disagree with him.

Overall, our defensemen need to be better and play like they can because most of them haven't played like they can or should for most of the year.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Lots of panic and overreaction in this thread tonight. It seems some of you perhaps had expectations of this roster that weren't realistic. I personally thought they'd be a bubble team again, and that is what they look like, so am not really at all surprised. Their reality is that they are a .500 team that has suffered some horrific play from both their D and their goalies of late.

Pardy and Harri probably need to be parachuted back in. Trouba could use a game in the press-box to reflect and watch the game from another angle. Give Helle a look. Bring Lippy up. Shake it up, but from within for right now.

They haven't even really looked like a bubble team most of the year.

I don't think you blow it up, but there are some very real concerns.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

Agreed except that we're not a bubble team in this division...we're bottom feeders. :(

Derfel*

You know what? I reflected on the game on my drive back home - still lots of season left, and the parts are generally there. We can make some of this ground up soon enough. It's not over yet.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg

I think what irks alot of fans is that Enstrom is the second highest paid player on the team and he's not playing like it. However the rest of our D is so bad this year that he actually looks good in comparson.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
You know what? I reflected on the game on my drive back home - still lots of season left, and the parts are generally there. We can make some of this ground up soon enough. It's not over yet.

Not in this division. Conference, maybe.

Isn't there some crazy stat out there where if a team isn't in a playoff spot at this point of the season, there's a 70% chance they don't make it?

Derfel*

Not in this division. Conference, maybe.

Isn't there some crazy stat out there where if a team isn't in a playoff spot at this point of the season, there's a 70% chance they don't make it?

I think that's by Thanksgiving (US).

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Glad I PVR'd that one. I didn't watch after it was 4 - 0.

Sucks when you are all excited to watch a hockey game and it ends up being a turd forcefully shoved into your mouth.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB

Person with entirely realistic expectations of this roster checking in.

I figured this Jets team for a bubble team as well. The result of and effort put forth in tonight's game suggests something seriously wrong with this team, as opposed to the typical ebbs and flows of a bubble team as you seem to be implying. Just my take.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Person with entirely realistic expectations of this roster checking in.

I figured this Jets team for a bubble team as well. The result of and effort put forth in tonight's game suggests something seriously wrong with this team, as opposed to the typical ebbs and flows of a bubble team as you seem to be implying. Just my take.

Agreed. This team is playing much worse then they are.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
hi guys. just wondering, i took a look at the boxscore and it was something crazy. were there line brawls or something?

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
hi guys. just wondering, i took a look at the boxscore and it was something crazy. were there line brawls or something?

There was a line brawl when Stuart threw Jones' foot right at Thorburn's head (I'm not even joking about that one). Two fights.

Afterwards, the refs just got very sensitive and careful and decided to rather send everybody to the box than have an injury (it was 5-0 so hard to blame them). The 14-12 PIM "brawl" (2min unsportsmanlike for everyone) was actually just a standard scrum, no gloves were dropped.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Glad I PVR'd that one. I didn't watch after it was 4 - 0.

Sucks when you are all excited to watch a hockey game and it ends up being a turd forcefully shoved into your mouth.

Ya i did the same but stopped watching at 3 - 0 .... i don't get why they are this bad:amazed: First we gotta call up Hellboy , this team is so fragile right now and both goalies always seem to let a goal in early in games and the players look like they give up after . Then both Pardy and Harrison have to be put into the line-up and Buff moves back to forward , Stuart goes to the press box , this makes our defence better and Thorburn goes back to the 4th where he belongs . Just some ideas so maybe we aren't as MUCH of a JOKE , because right now that is what this team looks like A JOKE :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad