Post-Game Talk: something bad happened we suk

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Team responded well when one (or two) of the alleged malcontents was removed from the mix last season, wonder if that was enough or if they even chose the right guys to get rid of?

They most definitely chose the right guys last year but its high time to make the next move -- take that back, its about 6 months too late to do what needed to be done in the offseason

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Good on Wheeler. Time for this team to give the captaincy to the "real" captain and leader of this team.

Yep agree. Ladd has never been a great captain IMO -- way to meek & not even leading by example out there.

Wheeler would be a big improvement; Scheif (or Lowry if he remembers how to play) are the captains of the future

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yep agree. Ladd has never been a great captain IMO -- way to meek & not even leading by example out there.

Wheeler would be a big improvement; Scheif (or Lowry if he remembers how to play) are the captains of the future

Yup , if the Jets wanted to make a bold move , without trades , move Ehlers up to the 1st line and Ladd to the 2nd or 3rd and bring up Hellybuck and start Hellebuyck :handclap: Then if that doesn't work make Wheeler the captain , that SHOULD wake this team up . And if none of this works it's tank time for Mathews :shakehead

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
So you are the GM what do you do to either spark this team or make changes?Not a fantasy something that could possibly happen.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What's up with Stafford? He's been brutal the past ten games (0 points, -12 rating)

I think it is mostly who he is playing with on a line . He should be with Sheif and Ladd on a 2nd line and the 1st should be Ehlers with Little and Wheeler . I would at least try it out , 3rd would be Perry with Lowry and Petan , gives that 3rd some speed .

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So you are the GM what do you do to either spark this team or make changes?Not a fantasy something that could possibly happen.

First i would call up Hellebuyck and start him right away . Then Ehlers goes to the 1st line with Little and Wheeler .

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I think it is mostly who he is playing with on a line . He should be with Sheif and Ladd on a 2nd line and the 1st should be Ehlers with Little and Wheeler . I would at least try it out , 3rd would be Perry with Lowry and Petan , gives that 3rd some speed .

I wouldn't break up PSE who look great together (albeit kind of small)
I would try:
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Petan Little Wheeler
Ladd Burmistrov Stafford
Lowry Copp Thorburn

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I wouldn't break up PSE who look great together (albeit kind of small)
I would try:
Perreault Scheifele Ehlers
Petan Little Wheeler
Ladd Burmistrov Stafford
Lowry Copp Thorburn

PSE have looked great? How many goals have they gotten us on this skid? They have not been bad, in giveaways or effort. But they have done next to nothing. Unacceptable as a 2nd line.

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Actually that sounds pretty good. I'd like to see Petan get a real opportunity.

veganhunter

Mexico City Coyotes!
Feb 15, 2010
Calgary
Peluso too. I mean they get dominated by other teams 4th lines, but they'll probably do better against their top guys.

One guy is an extremely offensively talented rookie who has been anchored with Thorbs and has struggled but has a legitimate chance to be good.

The other is an awful veteran who would probably have trouble putting up 15 points in the ECHL and is actually an anchor on Thorbs, he has no chance of being a good NHL player ever.

Bit of a difference between the two.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
PSE have looked great? How many goals have they gotten us on this skid? They have not been bad, in giveaways or effort. But they have done next to nothing. Unacceptable as a 2nd line.

No kidding, that line hasn't done squat for the last 7-8 games, didn't like that line from the get go, two small wingers with Schief who isn't exactly the most physical guy around.

I would like to see Armia here to replace Burmi, if Burmi is lost on waivers (he won't be) it would be addition by subtraction!

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Just watching the start of the Oilers-Kings game. Kings skating hard. Guys without the puck going to the net. Guys with the puck putting it to the net. Result: goal. Novel concept.

I realize that there will be much discussion past this comment, but this is where I am in the thread at this time and I didn't want to go without commenting on this as well.

Watching the game, there are dozens of times that we have a player behind the opposition's net or in the corner, or anywhere in the O zone, and there is NO ONE from the Jets in front of the net. How is this possible at this level of the game???

Or our D has the puck and we shoot it into the opposition's corner while we have full possession in the O zone. Why do this when we lose possession half the time? Why not take a shot with traffic in front of the net?

I just don't understand why our team does what they do sometimes. We started the year by skating hard and getting everything at the net. Now it seems that there is a magnetic opposition to the net from our shot thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad