Dreger: Some speculation linked the Leafs to Nashville Predators forward Mikael Granlund

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Somethings going to happen. Petan and marincin sent down
Followed by Hollowell + Rubins up. They've been doing this for years to give marlies NHL pay for a few days/weeks as a bonus. By the time the season is over most marlies will have spent a bit of time on the taxi squad.

Reactions: banks

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Granlund makes sense to the leafs, top 6 forward who can PK. Sounds exactly like what they need along with another dman.
I think most would agree, at this point it all just depends on the price. I imagine retention is also a factor in working out that price.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
I am one of those Leaf fans who like Engvall. He is currently part of a very effective 3rd line who are able to control play when they're out there. By no means am I saying he's untouchable, just that these 3 players mesh so well together that taking one piece away might ruin the chemistry that exists between them.
Engvall has shown signs.

Reactions: Beleafer34

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Is Granlund even an upgrade on Galchenyuk these days? Not sure why Leafs would give up more then they did to acquire Galy (next to nothing)
Very well said why bother with granlund i don't see him being better than boyd or vesey for that matter, so why...

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Uh yeah. Galchenyuk's a 14th forward, Granlund is playing like a top 6er and he's pretty solid defensively.
haha i can't believe all these guys on the granlund bandwagon, give i up already i sure hope the leafs don't get him the guy is a stiff hes bounced around for a bit and over paid, i sure hope dubass passes on this guy as i don't see him doing any improving on this team at allllllllllllllllll....

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Too much smoke to not be a fire IMHO. The Granlund rumours just won't go away.

NHL Rumor Mill – March 3, 2021 | Spectors Hockey

"TSN: Darren Dreger reports the Toronto Maple Leafs still want to bolster their forward lines before the April 12 trade deadline. Some speculation linked the Leafs to Nashville Predators forward Mikael Granlund. Dreger thinks there could be a fit if the Predators agree to retain some of Granlund’s salary. The Leafs have the prospects and draft picks to make something happen.
SPECTOR’S NOTE: Cap Friendly shows the Leafs with just over $130K of trade-deadline cap space. Granlund has over $2.1 million remaining of his $3.75 million salary for this season. No chance of a deal there unless the Preds absorb a considerable chunk of his salary or take back a contract of equal or greater value."

It seems like the leafs will have to give up a little more than other teams would pay to make this work.

How do you think this deal might happen? TOR needs to slightly overpay?
i think Dreger should just shut up with the granlund bull, i just don't get it, this player isn't going to help the leafs why on earth is everyone pumping this guy up, i sure hope dubass isn't that stupid and trades for this player, he isn't going to make any difference to this team, this team needs a Dman not forwards specially fringe forwards, didn't he just put two on waivers, this guys is not a scorer so what is he, common give it up, please dubass passsssssss

LFCTML

Nov 29, 2019
haha i can't believe all these guys on the granlund bandwagon, give i up already i sure hope the leafs don't get him the guy is a stiff hes bounced around for a bit and over paid, i sure hope dubass passes on this guy as i don't see him doing any improving on this team at allllllllllllllllll....
Hahah, what??

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Im kinda on the fence about the fit.

With Matthews and Marner i could see him having chemistry offensively. Granny can make those little passes and plays to open areas and im sure they'd appreciate his work ethic on both ends of the ice. That said, how's the cycle game going to be? Granny has his limitations physically and this means Matthews is going have to do a lot of the heavy lifting down low as they don't have another bigger body or puck hound like Hyman.. i don't know if that's his game or not these days, tend to not watch the Leafs that much.

With Tavares and Nylander i think their styles match really well and the line would probably think the game the same way but what about the pace and quickness? Not exactly speedsters here. Could struggle when tempo is at it's highest in the playoffs.

In the bottom 6 it's probably going to be the same story as in Nashville. Lots of try but not much production.

And PK? .. i guess he can do it but it's not like he's made a career out of it.

Useful player though and price won't be too much so not a bad thing to give it a shot, and i can easily see him coming in and having ton of success early on. But a bit weary of it going the other way in the end.

Mar 26, 2010
I sure hope not. I don’t even want this guy anywhere near Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad