Movies: Solo: A Star Wars Story | Part II

How would you rate Solo: A Star Wars Story?

• Total voters

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I remember literally laughing out loud in the movie theater when Lando is yelling “nooooooooo!” as his favorite sex toy is crumbling in his arms and oil is leaking out like it’s blood. It was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen in a while

L3 was a terrible, terrible character

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Sep 19, 2008
When I first saw L3 being woke at the droid fighting I got to admit I chuckled. She was a bit annoying but hilarious. Thankfully her time was short.

To be fair most of the Disney movies have in some part integrated some kind of wise cracking droid, including that droid from Rogue one

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
You did not just say that. I suddenly don't like you very much. Leave the Ewok movies alone!
Man the story behind the second one is messed up. The first one was a modest success that focused on the ewoks helping two lost kids save their parents. There were plans to have the second involve the now reunited family escape the sanctuary moon, but Lucas' kid was begging him to make a film like Heidi focused on Cindel the young girl from the first film. So... The script writers brutally kill off the entire family in the first five minutes except for Cindel then introduce old man Diabeetus in the Heidi Granpa role.

Seriously because of that the second film is dark as hell.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
We are having the L3 conversation again?

Yikes.

You don't need to repeatedly make drive-by quips like this to try to police away criticism that you're tired of hearing. Let people discuss what they want, even if it annoys you.

Man the story behind the second one is messed up. The first one was a modest success that focused on the ewoks helping two lost kids save their parents. There were plans to have the second involve the now reunited family escape the sanctuary moon, but Lucas' kid was begging him to make a film like Heidi focused on Cindel the young girl from the first film. So... The script writers brutally kill off the entire family in the first five minutes except for Cindel then introduce old man Diabeetus in the Heidi Granpa role.

Seriously because of that the second film is dark as hell.

I'd forgotten that, but that was a pretty dark film, now that you mention it. I remember that there was a witch that locked the grieving girl up in jail, as well. Man, people joke about the trauma inflicted by Bambi's mother being killed off screen, but what we kids endured in our children's entertainment in the early and mid 80s was no joke. It no doubt toughened us up, but I'm pretty sure that I was also permanently scarred. I'm still afraid to watch The Watcher in the Woods (a 1980 horror movie made by Disney and targeted at kids), the only thing to have ever given me recurring nightmares.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
You don't need to repeatedly make drive-by quips like this to try to police away criticism that you're tired of hearing. Let people discuss what they want, even if it annoys you.

I can quip about whatever if I feel like the same tired arguments keep on getting reiterated.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I haven't even gotten to the point in the movie where L3 is introducted (I think). I turned it off after Young Han told Chewy "you're gonna need a nickname".

If/when I do I will be sure to post my untimely reaction in this thread.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I haven't even gotten to the point in the movie where L3 is introducted (I think). I turned it off after Young Han told Chewy "you're gonna need a nickname".

That's too bad.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I can tell you're a very patient person.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can quip about whatever if I feel like the same tired arguments keep on getting reiterated.

It's not that the arguments are tired, but that you're tired of hearing them, and only because you disagree with them. I'm sure that you wouldn't mind if people wanted to reiterate arguments that are in favor of Solo and The Last Jedi; am I right? You're not objecting out of principle, but out of personal preference and annoyance. That's hardly a good reason to police what others choose to discuss, IMO. I get it--you want to defend the films at every opportunity--but trying to discourage criticism on the grounds that it's been made before is a rather lame way to go about it, in all honesty.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
It's not that the arguments are tired, but that you're tired of hearing them, and only because you disagree with them. I'm sure that you wouldn't mind if people wanted to reiterate arguments that are in favor of Solo and The Last Jedi; am I right? You're not objecting out of principle, but out of personal preference and annoyance. That's hardly a good reason to police what others choose to discuss, IMO. I get it--you want to defend the films at every opportunity--but trying to discourage criticism on the grounds that it's been made before is a rather lame way to go about it, it all honesty.
What an awful take.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
What an awful take.

What about it is incorrect, specifically? Are you not tired of hearing the same arguments being reiterated and is it not because you disagree with them? Is there an example of an argument that you agree with that you're also tired of hearing reiterated? Where, exactly, did I miss the mark... or can you not say? Regardless, I'm just telling you how you come across, in all honesty. If it's awful, that's the point.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
What about it is incorrect, specifically? Are you not tired of hearing the same arguments being reiterated and is it not because you disagree with them? Is there an example of an argument that you agree with that you're also tired of hearing reiterated? Where, exactly, did I miss the mark... or can you not say? Regardless, I'm just telling you how you come across, in all honesty. If it's awful, that's the point.
When your premise revolves around characterizing me as some "new Star Wars lover who can't handle criticism of the movie" then I am not going to really take much time out of my day to entertain an argument with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad