Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Lukaku now has:

45 goals in 61 games

for club and country since his last game for United...
He plays in the Italian league. The standard there is woeful. It's a sad demise from the absolute powerhouse it was in the 90s

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
HCette bought this for Venmo Thatcher and it got delivered the other day. She just showed it to me. Sadly couldn’t fit his full first name or last name on it so had to go with initials.

2D032097-5040-45C9-81DB-F63EACF4FDE3.jpeg

A2489F81-1116-4A63-8C66-FC9F0143EF35.jpeg

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Might be the most impressive set of results since 1982 for Scotland... the November Serbia match looms large.

Euro qualification and promotion to the A league Nations League tier within their grasp. How will they Scotland this up?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
9 mill is the highest fee ever? Thats terrible.
Is it though? Known quantities like Pulisic are scooped up before they would require big fees.

Guys like Alphonso Davies, who had to break out in the MLS first, are diamonds in the rough.

MLS quality, especially with younger players, lags far behind European in developmental systems. It's getting better, but you're not going to see young stars picked up from the MLS for large transfer fees regularly.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Is it though? Known quantities like Pulisic are scooped up before they would require big fees.

Guys like Alphonso Davies, who had to break out in the MLS first, are diamonds in the rough.

MLS quality, especially with younger players, lags far behind European in developmental systems. It's getting better, but you're not going to see young stars picked up from the MLS for large transfer fees regularly.
If thats the highest fee, the MLS is way farther behind than I thought. Weren't Pulisic and Davies picked up for free?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
If thats the highest fee, the MLS is way farther behind than I thought. Weren't Pulisic and Davies picked up for free?
Pulisic was signed when he was 15 and not club affiliated, so he was free.

Davies is the highest MLS transfer fee ever ($22M), but he was signed from a Canadian market, so didn't factor into the Aaronson story.

Reactions: BigToe

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

The point is the top talent doesn’t go through the MLS development system. They are already in Europe. Renya is a Dortmund. Barca has an American kid etc...pulisic was gone early. There are a bunch more

This is actually a good sign. The mls is developing local talent that wasn’t on early radar. Philly has a good edge because they are in traditional area for good players

Reactions: BigToe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad