Soccer/Football Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
They had two people test positive yesterday for corona. I saw a story that said they weren't going to show and had notified the league...?
Looks like they had players test positive but didn’t follow the protocols of the whole team going into immediate quarantine.

So they didn’t follow protocols and Juventus is sticking it to them.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I know it's only Matchday 4, but I wonder how much you could have won betting for an Everton-Villa 1-2, with both on 100% records. :laugh:

The Berlin/Bayern match today was also as entertaining a second half as I've seen in a while.

Reactions: BigToe

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Looks like they had players test positive but didn’t follow the protocols of the whole team going into immediate quarantine.

So they didn’t follow protocols and Juventus is sticking it to them.

Ah, I only briefly read the report. But of a hectic day. Im regretting not taking tomorrow off already.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Harry Maguire is awful. How United are not going after that young defender on Leipzig is beyond me. Their transfer policies are such a joke.

And Henderson needs to be the #1.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Thats a rough window for a lot of teams who desperately needed help.

Pretty happy with Citys.

Not worried about the central midfield onwards at all. Even with Aguero and Jesus out.

But Ake and Dias fill some much needed holes. And Torres looks good so far.

Hoping, quite frankly, that Ake ends up playing LB in big games so have: Ake-Laporte-Dias-Walker

As really right now:

LB (Mendy is poor, Zinchenko is actually an AM, Cancelo is a RB!)
DM (after Fernandinho no-one can play the role in Peps set-up well... Rodri is a good CM but not DM, and Gundogan was poor last year and not amazing in DM either)

are the two "holes. And both are not holes for me if Ake is at LB and Fernandinho is playing.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Pretty happy with Citys.

Not worried about the central midfield onwards at all. Even with Aguero and Jesus out.

But Ake and Dias fill some much needed holes. And Torres looks good so far.

Hoping, quite frankly, that Ake ends up playing LB in big games so have: Ake-Laporte-Dias-Walker

As really right now:

LB (Mendy is poor, Zinchenko is actually an AM, Cancelo is a RB!)
DM (after Fernandinho no-one can play the role in Peps set-up well... Rodri is a good CM but not DM, and Gundogan was poor last year and not amazing in DM either)

are the two "holes. And both are not holes for me if Ake is at LB and Fernandinho is playing.

Yeah, i think the only spot i'd have said City needed help was CB and LB, and you filled at least the one. Ake can play LB as well, though im not sure I'd pencil him in as a starting LB -- more of a "he can do the job in a pinch and not look out of place" like James Milner at LB.

I feel like United had a brutal window. Obviously like all things, time will tell, but desperation signings on the last day when you were rumored to be in for a 100M player seems like a huge rift between manager and 'front office'.

Arsenal salvaged theirs on the last day by splashing for Partey - shame they had to ax their mascot to do it, i guess - but he's going to be a good one.

Chelsea could've done better, I think. Im not mad about anyone we brought in, but I'd have been fine with sending some players to Inter that Conte loves to grab Skirinar.

Reactions: BigToe

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah, i think the only spot i'd have said City needed help was CB and LB, and you filled at least the one. Ake can play LB as well, though im not sure I'd pencil him in as a starting LB -- more of a "he can do the job in a pinch and not look out of place" like James Milner at LB.

I feel like United had a brutal window. Obviously like all things, time will tell, but desperation signings on the last day when you were rumored to be in for a 100M player seems like a huge rift between manager and 'front office'.

Arsenal salvaged theirs on the last day by splashing for Partey - shame they had to ax their mascot to do it, i guess - but he's going to be a good one.

Chelsea could've done better, I think. Im not mad about anyone we brought in, but I'd have been fine with sending some players to Inter that Conte loves to grab Skirinar.

Yeh, he is better at CB than LB... but he is still our best LB haha.

United have had a brutal five years. Woodward might end up getting hung, drawn and quartered on Salford Precinct soon and then dragged by cart to Salford Quays and dumped in entombed in concrete.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeh, he is better at CB than LB... but he is still our best LB haha.

United have had a brutal five years. Woodward might end up getting hung, drawn and quartered on Salford Precinct soon and then dragged by cart to Salford Quays and dumped in entombed in concrete.

This is easily the most British sentence I've ever read on this site, haha!

Yeah, their window was rough. Telles was a nice pickup, but for being the "biggest club in the world" their windows and signings, when they occur, have all been very mediocre. Even Pogba is extremely 'meh' unless he actually feels like playing. Team is so baffling to me. Solskjaer isnt really getting better results than when they had Mourinho, which is the more puzzling piece. Maybe its more exciting football, but even then, its not like its super exciting. To your point, It sounds like Woodward needs to go. Hopefully the papers got it wrong in linking Poch to the job after this weekend.

Reactions: Appleyard

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
United have started the rebuild, they just haven't told anyone. They have some downright incredibly talented young players. What the media hasn't told you is that they have invested super heavy into their u21, u18 and u16 teams.

Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Williams, Mengi, Laird, AWB, Henderson, Garner, VDB and Mctominey are all first team talent and are there.

Chong, Levitt, Hoogwerf, McNeil, Kambala, Traore, Pellestri....

The media is a joke when it comes to united transfers. We aren't even speaking to 3/4 of the players that are linked to us.

Saying that, How Ed Woodward hasn't had the vision to appoint a DOF at this point is beyond incredible. A man so totally put of his depth on footballing matters that it's laughable.

There is many reasons to be hopeful as a united fan.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
The New York Islanders of European football (Scotland) are through!

At Serbia in the final for their first major tournament apperance since 1998.

There is a big Everton following in Vancouver as well, at least with the guys I used to work with.... and they were mostly Scottish. Congrats!

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
There is a big Everton following in Vancouver as well, at least with the guys I used to work with.... and they were mostly Scottish. Congrats!
Major hurdle to get through Serbia on the road, and they have failed to qualify with late chokes in recent years.

It feels different this time, though Serbia will be massive favourites to go through.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Even with Belgium resting players... and some of their big guns from a few years ago no longer playing...

England look like an u-21 team against them so far.

Could easily be 3-0 down after 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->