HF Habs: So who would you like Habs to draft @ 15?

So which would you draft at 15?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Voted BPA as I have a number of players I’d like at #15, so it’ll boil down to who is left.

I've been impressed with Newhook. What can you tell me about Dorofeyev. I don't know anything about him?

Good puck skills and very good hockey IQ. I’ve recently been catching up on some video of him and he seems very poised and makes smart decisions on the ice.

Kids been skyrocketing in the rankings. Looks promising.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Its easy to say the BPA. But who is the best player avaible between a a futur dman top 4 and a top 6 forward? I did my mock draft and at the 15th position. Every player have a problem who could become a bigger problem. Caufield is a dwarf, newhook produce well but in the bchl. Kaliyev is maybe the worst defensively. York is weak like a sheep. Lavoie is one year older than most of people. Suzuki is perimeter guy that we already have a lot. So it will be difficult to select this year at 15th. A guy who could be a sure bet is matthew robertson. Young. Alternate captain. Good progression, big and LD

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Radulov, Kovalev, Jagr type. Hands, shot, passing, skating and he can make you look like a fool in corners. He sits at #4 on my board ATM. Newhook is right behind him.

Thanks, I'd seen you mention him before and I was meaning to ask you about him. Ouch so we'd definitely have to move up to have a decent shot at him.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Voted BPA as I have a number of players I’d like at #15, so it’ll boil down to who is left.

Good puck skills and very good hockey IQ. I’ve recently been catching up on some video of him and he seems very poised and makes smart decisions on the ice.

Kids been skyrocketing in the rankings. Looks promising.

Thanks for the response. I'm curious now and will definitely start doing my research on him.

Reactions: sandviper

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Suggestion: could you add position of each player in your list? E.g. centerman? Left defenseman?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Agree.....like, who’s BPA and according to whom??

Give us one name, maybe a second and it’s done.

I got Newhook, but if he’s gone I’ll go Seider

A second is acceptable if you like a guy way more than the consensus does, and you suggest a strategy to pick your top two guys. Otherwise it's just fishing. 3 years down the line ''Ha, told you guys one of Zadina, Tkachuk, Hughes, Dobson would be better than Kotkaniemi.'' That's not how any of this works.

Reactions: jaffy27

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I think Caufield would be a good pick, unless someone from the top 10 drops

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Habs stated last year they now value centres and defense over wingers and goalies; especially early on in a draft. Unless of course someone they have ranked high drops quite a bit.
Based on this it comes down to these guys according to current concensus rankings

Krebs - C
Soderstrom - RD
York - LD
Broberg - LD
Newhook - C
Harley - LD
Seider - RD
Heinola - LD
Suzuki - C

I would like Krebs, York, Soderstrom, Seider, Heinola

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Thanks to the guys that watch these guys and post your opinions, makes for interesting reading. I know nothing about any of these guys, so when someone posts a name I Google it and get as much info as I can but it's not really enough to form an opinion. Makes for entertainment though.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Habs stated last year they now value centres and defense over wingers and goalies; especially early on in a draft. Unless of course someone they have ranked high drops quite a bit.
Based on this it comes down to these guys according to current concensus rankings

Krebs - C
Soderstrom - RD
York - LD
Broberg - LD
Newhook - C
Harley - LD
Seider - RD
Heinola - LD
Suzuki - C

I would like Krebs, York, Soderstrom, Seider, Heinola

Centreman has plus value. Would not be surprised that some centreman are picked way early and we could get a surprising player at 15.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad